Intriguing ad in RC Car Action - RC10 re-release?

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

kink
Approved Member

Re: Intriguing ad in RC Car Action

Post by kink »

kaiser wrote:if it wasn't for china i wouldn't be able to afford this hobby period.

How many rc models do you own?
GARBO 1/8

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

I want my re-re dammit! :mrgreen:

Surely someone around these parts has the real skinny?

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

kink wrote:
kaiser wrote:if it wasn't for china i wouldn't be able to afford this hobby period.

How many rc models do you own?
many, but i have aquired them over the years. most don't get used at all as i race alot.

i wouldn't be able to race if i have to spend a kyosho, max amps, ko propo budget. lol
heck a budget like that could buy my entire collection. :lol:

i don't buy a new race car every year either. i just retired my original factory team b4, almost 10 years old.
to replace it i bought the cheapest race car on the market, atomik v2mr. that car cost me $147.00.
a kyosho 2wd buggy is over $400.00, and if rc's were made in the usa that's the kind of price tag they would have.
i use the cheapest futaba radio (2pl now discontiued, it was $105.00 new 4 years ago). i use cheap batteries too.

kink
Approved Member

Post by kink »

So you own loads of cars, but wanted one more. That is fine of course. It is your call. But if you only owned one, or no cars, then your argument would be more valid.

I own one car. A car I have spent far too much money on, admittedly. But I chose that path. Instead I could have bought six used ebay bargains. Again, my call.

I think it comes down to choices. I would prefer to own fewer items of higher quality. Not just in rc, but life in general. I have one amplifer made in Canada by Bryston. One set of speakers made in the UK by PMC. Of course I could have bought ten hifis from China for the same, or less. I made a call to support decent countries with my money.

Not having a go. Just saying we all have choices :)
GARBO 1/8

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

askbob wrote:I want my re-re dammit! :mrgreen:

I'm sure curtis knows every detail.

:mrgreen:

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

meh......i typed out a long response but came to this conclusion:

this is a frivolous hobby, but if it were more expensive i wouldn't be involved as much.
i gave up building and racing real cars and switched back to rc once i started a family.

kink
Approved Member

Post by kink »

No worries :D Whatever you are happy with.

Anyway I don't have the room for a ton of buggies, so that helps me justify wasting a load on one!
GARBO 1/8

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

scr8p wrote:
askbob wrote:I want my re-re dammit! :mrgreen:

I'm sure curtis knows every detail.

:mrgreen:

Fo sho! :mrgreen:

Would be cool to give the hardcore faithful a little insider info. 8)

markbt73
Approved Member

Post by markbt73 »

Here's a question: are any of the current "Factory Team" kits made in the US, or is everything imported now?

ca-rj
Approved Member

Post by ca-rj »

Thunder Tiger has owned Associated since 2005. I would hazard a guess and say that anything AE hasn't been made in the US since 2005. If you're holding out for a US made RC10, it's not going to happen. The average buyer wouldn't want to shell out the coin to buy a US made car anyway.
RC10 Short Arm | Novak Tempest ESC | Tamiya Torque Tuned 25T | Savox 1258 | Stealth Trans w/ Exotek Slipper Eliminator (geared 24/81)
RC10B3 | HW Just Stock Club Spec | Reedy 13.5 | Savox 1258

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Kink and Coel, you both make great points. I, however don't buy the "can't afford to manufacture here" line that we've been fed so many times. The whole reason for resorting to sweat shop labor is to increase profits. When a product that has been made in the US for years starts to be made over seas, you never, never, never see its retail price go down. Never. It's a load of crap. All that it does is increase the profit margin for the company and its share holders.

You can buy US made jeans for the same price as sweat shop Levis, US made New Balance shoes for the same price as sweat shop Nikes, and on and on. Some US made products do cost more, like some bicycle parts, but often times the US made parts are of much higher quality than anything made in China.

It's really up to us. We can vote with our dollar. I'm not a USA-or-nothing person. I'm happy to buy products made in England, Japan, Italy, or wherever they make a good product that isn't made by a 12 year old working 70 hours a week for enough money to maybe buy a meal a day. That's what I'm against. There are plenty of things we don't have a choice in any longer, like electronics. (although I am typing on my wife's new imac which was assembled in USA, instead of at Foxcon's suicide factory in China) but there are plenty of things we can choose to support or not support. Stop supporting slave labor and it will eventually go away.

I will say I am patriotic about the RC10. The RC10 is as American as apple pie, picket fences and all that jazz (jazz too). I'm not going to buy an American flag made in China, I sure as hell ain't buying an RC10 made there. Besides, there is no shortage of vintage originals floating around.

RJK33
Approved Member

Post by RJK33 »

8)
Kooz

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

MelvinsArmy wrote:Kink and Coel, you both make great points. I, however don't buy the "can't afford to manufacture here" line that we've been fed so many times. The whole reason for resorting to sweat shop labor is to increase profits. When a product that has been made in the US for years starts to be made over seas, you never, never, never see its retail price go down. Never. It's a load of crap. All that it does is increase the profit margin for the company and its share holders.

You can buy US made jeans for the same price as sweat shop Levis, US made New Balance shoes for the same price as sweat shop Nikes, and on and on. Some US made products do cost more, like some bicycle parts, but often times the US made parts are of much higher quality than anything made in China.

It's really up to us. We can vote with our dollar. I'm not a USA-or-nothing person. I'm happy to buy products made in England, Japan, Italy, or wherever they make a good product that isn't made by a 12 year old working 70 hours a week for enough money to maybe buy a meal a day. That's what I'm against. There are plenty of things we don't have a choice in any longer, like electronics. (although I am typing on my wife's new imac which was assembled in USA, instead of at Foxcon's suicide factory in China) but there are plenty of things we can choose to support or not support. Stop supporting slave labor and it will eventually go away.

I will say I am patriotic about the RC10. The RC10 is as American as apple pie, picket fences and all that jazz (jazz too). I'm not going to buy an American flag made in China, I sure as hell ain't buying an RC10 made there. Besides, there is no shortage of vintage originals floating around.
this country is being destroyed by greed.alot of companys are overpaying some people and underpaying alot of people. any company you see the top guys driving 100k+ cars you know thats a problem. people in my area are driving cars with a higher monthly payment then what i make a month. how is that fair? how can someone make 10x the cash of someone else and not own a company? most rich people want to keep the poor people poor. instead of taking a cut in pay they lay off people and pay new employees or people in china less and keep the cash . if we support the slave labor this whole country will be slave labor..

85Edinger
Approved Member

Post by 85Edinger »

Actually, many of the Factory Team cars are hand-assembled in the United States.
. . . you have Associated Green Slime for brains. And not even new Green Slime, but old gooped out Green Slime.

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

tumblr_mmlev13mi71qz7lxdo1_500.jpg
tumblr_mmlev13mi71qz7lxdo1_500.jpg (40.39 KiB) Viewed 427 times
tumblr_mmlev13mi71qz7lxdo1_500.jpg
tumblr_mmlev13mi71qz7lxdo1_500.jpg (40.39 KiB) Viewed 427 times