B4.1 front and rear shocks on an RC10

For all things R/C, post '90s to today.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

chophead69
Approved Member

B4.1 front and rear shocks on an RC10

Post by chophead69 »

Hi i used a b4.1 rtr for the parts for my rc10 graphite team car.radio.brushless setup.servo.front and rear hubs.wheels front and rear.topshaft and slipper setup.rear wing and mounts for another car.so now before i sell whats left i was wondering about using the shocks for my graphite. I know i seen cars on ebay (w.o.i.n builds) with them but i know they are different sizes.so what do i have to do to run them? Diffrent towers? Or? I did pick up a threaded front shock body set cause it was 7 bucks.the rear set he had was 1.02 and that was to short so i didnt pick that one up.but i can get that from ebay. Can anyone help me? I am using the stock team car wide arms with b4front hubs.b4rear huds with b44 ccvd's and 1/8 axle spacers.

Thanks
My pop always said i had to many iron's in the fire

Phin
Approved Member

Re: B4.1 front and rear shocks on an RC10

Post by Phin »

http://rccarbonworks.com/store/index.php?route=product/category&path=20_36

Extended World's Front and Short World's Rear towers are the one's you'll need for B4 .89" and 1.18" shocks.

chophead69
Approved Member

Post by chophead69 »

Thank you i just placed the order.shame cause i just got the worlds set.oh well guess i will sell them or teade em.anyway the rear threaded shock bodies i need are 1.18 right? Will the coated shafts be the same size as well? Thanks for the help

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

B4 rear shocks use 1.18" shock bodies and 1.02" shafts. Fronts are .89" bodies, .71" shafts.

For the new B4.2 big bores it's metric...23mm & 31mm bodies, 21mm & 27.5mm shafts.

chophead69
Approved Member

Post by chophead69 »

Thank you

foots
Approved Member

Post by foots »

Phin wrote:B4 rear shocks use 1.18" shock bodies and 1.02" shafts. Fronts are .89" bodies, .71" shafts.

For the new B4.2 big bores it's metric...23mm & 31mm bodies, 21mm & 27.5mm shafts.

Makes you wonder who's shock that AE copied or are the same. I remember when Associated was the company that everybody else chased or copied. Wow what a shame or the way the worlds revolves now. Either way it"s the same to me.

chophead69
Approved Member

Post by chophead69 »

I still remember buying my graphite.the rc10 was awsome and when i got hit in my custom 1970 nova i wasnt upset cause i knew what it would take to fix my car.$4200.was what the ins paid well it mite have cost me $1500 to fix and most if not all was paint.my pop owned a body shop so between shop class and pops shop i fixed it then painted it back to butter nut yellow.60+hours of wet sanding and polishing plus the hood, fender , bumper , front grill and 40hours of body work i was done.of couse my pop gave me the paint and the ss parts of a car left at his shop.the day after i pulled out of the shop i went to king of prussia mall outside of philly to buy my rc10.i didnt want the goldpan i wanted the graphite so i brought it.two weeks later i got a goldpan that someone in school had.we use to play with it in the ball field during shop class then i was building my empi dunebuggy.anyway i still love my graphite and trying to make it more modern is my goal.i got a b4.1 to use for the build.i already brought the carbon fiber worlds shock towers which now i dont need but i remember seeing on ebay someone had a rc10 with b4 shock towers so i figured i already had them so use them.i ordered the towers i need from rc carbon so waiting for them now but i want threaded bodies.i am thinking also about using gold shafts.can anyone tell me about the kyosho velvet shocks? Sizes for rc10?i have more than one build.i still think team associate has the best cars and parts.i like traxxas but love team.i do agree it does seem like the newer shock seem alot like others out there.but is there a standard or something? Oh this works lets use it.oh ok its cheap enough this way wecan save 2 cents thats thd way to go

chophead69
Approved Member

Post by chophead69 »

Ok i used the b4.1 for the rc10 rebirth. T.a. list part number 9312 for the fronts for the threaded body but nothing for the rear.i found part number 9663 fot the 1.18.so i use that right? When i look up the team car they give part numbers for the v2 shocks theaded bodies.i just want to mske sure i am getting the right thing.my car is the b4.1 brushless rtr.thanks

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

The 9312 .89" front shocks are the older style top load shocks....the 1.18" rears to match those are 9662. Those should both use all the same internals (shafts/pistons/seals) as the blue shocks from a B4.1 RTR.

DMAT
Approved Member

Post by DMAT »

Im wondering if its possible to run the rc10gt shocks. I'm looking online but arent seeing lengths listed.

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

GT shocks are 1.02" shafts/bodies for the fronts and 1.32" shafts/bodies for the rears.

8rad
Approved Member

Post by 8rad »

If you use GT shocks on a buggy you will have to swap out the rear shafts for 1.02. I have truck shocks on my OIN but there is waaaaay to much droop in the back.
"It's not broken, it's British!"

DMAT
Approved Member

Post by DMAT »

so the whole shock is too big or your just changing the shaft to reduce the travel distance it can do?

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

you'd need a taller tower up front

chophead69
Approved Member

Post by chophead69 »

So the new v2 shocks are the threaded bodies that come on team cars? They do not have them in the blue shocks that use the clips? The fronts call for the old style bodies but nothing listed for the rear ones thats why i wasn't sure.when i looked up the team car for part numbers it say's for v2's. I got the short rear tower and extended for the front.i am ordering the rear bodies and the gold shafts.also when using the truck shocks on the rear dont you have to use the rc10t shock tower? And it the first style one? Any benefits to using them or just for looks?