RC10 alloy parts

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GoMachV

Re: RC10 alloy parts

Post by GoMachV »

Gt parts that will work: front steering arms and castor block, rear carriers (with bearing swap), steering (get the whole assy)
The ones that WON'T: arms, rear mounts, front bulkhead, towers

GPM steering:
http://www.gpmracing-parts.com/shop/associated-alloy-bearing-steering-assembly-with-posts-collars2pcs-rgt048-p-90010750.html
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

RC104ever
Approved Member

Post by RC104ever »

Wow, a lot of that stuff is crazy expensive! $40 for rear arm mounts? Wow. I have some aluminum arms from Atlas but they just too nice to put on my runner.
- Chris
Lots of cars...so many cars

Premo

Post by Premo »

RC104ever wrote:Wow, a lot of that stuff is crazy expensive! $40 for rear arm mounts? Wow. I have some aluminum arms from Atlas but they just too nice to put on my runner.
Mine is going for the show circuit......

Premo

Post by Premo »

gomachv wrote:Gt parts that will work: front steering arms and castor block, rear carriers (with bearing swap), steering (get the whole assy)
The ones that WON'T: arms, rear mounts, front bulkhead, towers

GPM steering:
http://www.gpmracing-parts.com/shop/associated-alloy-bearing-steering-assembly-with-posts-collars2pcs-rgt048-p-90010750.html
I had seen all (most) of the parts listed for the GT. Had no clue that they would go on the buggy. You guys have help me a great deal. Looking for another A stamped frme as well. Been out bit on ebay every time so far.

Premo

Post by Premo »

gomachv wrote:With the rear hubs you would just have to change to unflanged bearings.

There's also alloy body posts on the bay. Pretty snazzy lookin. I've never been one for alloy stuff but most of it seems to still be available.
have found a lot of things since joing the forum. Thanx to all. Now, I need to get duckies in a row to pay for all of this..lol

Premo

Post by Premo »

Premo wrote:
RC104ever wrote:Wow, a lot of that stuff is crazy expensive! $40 for rear arm mounts? Wow. I have some aluminum arms from Atlas but they just too nice to put on my runner.
Well maybe you just need to get offof those pieces so theycan be used. My RC10 mwill be displayed on a turn table on a mirror so the chassic will be seen. :) :D

Premo

Post by Premo »

Premo wrote:
Premo wrote:
Well maybe you just need to get off of those pieces so they can be used. My RC10 will be displayed on a turn table on a mirror so the chassic will be seen. :) :D
Send me a picture.

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

While I don't have a turntable for this...

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=21280&start=135

85Edinger
Approved Member

Post by 85Edinger »

Maybe this is an old thread, but may I ask why you want aluminum suspension arms? Plastic ones are still available.
Is this going to be a runner or a shelf queen?
. . . you have Associated Green Slime for brains. And not even new Green Slime, but old gooped out Green Slime.

kink
Approved Member

Post by kink »

I didn't realise so many parts were interchangable from old to new. It has given me a few ideas for my RC10 World's. Thanks for sharing all the info. This place is very helpful!
GARBO 1/8

85Edinger
Approved Member

Post by 85Edinger »

Not only are there interchangeable parts, you can still buy many actual Associated parts for the Rc10. They are still in production. You do not want aluminum suspension components on a runner.
. . . you have Associated Green Slime for brains. And not even new Green Slime, but old gooped out Green Slime.