Cool Car Chase....

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Diggley
Approved Member

Cool Car Chase....

Post by Diggley »

:D [youtube]WEROVWDp3n0[/youtube]
Projects and shelfers:
Late Edinger, RC10B2, Dual Sport, GT, Kyosho Turbo Ultima, Triumph, Tamiya Sand Scorcher, Blackfoot/Monster Beetle, '67 Beetle, Nikko Rhino, Traxxas Fiero, Slash, Hand-built Dune Buggy..all on here somewhere...

Phin
Approved Member

Re: Cool Car Chase....

Post by Phin »

I like how the body shakes from the up draft when the red car jumps over the helicopter.

What would be truly epic is if someone recreated the car chase from the Blues Brothers using RCs.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Phin wrote:I like how the body shakes from the up draft when the red car jumps over the helicopter.
I think the body is just shaking from the jumping motion...there wouldn't be updraft above a helicopter's blades...it wouldn't stay airborne too long if the blades were pushing air up. ;) :lol:
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

SFC K
Approved Member

Post by SFC K »

That was SWEET!! I need to share this one! Thanks for posting it!
Jeff

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB
Approved Member

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

GOD BLESS THE INTERNET moment! I don't know how many here have tried to make and edit a video, much less an r/c video, but it's a lot of work. Thankfully there are people with the time, know how and desire to make crazy videos like these!!!! 8) 8) 8)
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

SFC K
Approved Member

Post by SFC K »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:GOD BLESS THE INTERNET moment! I don't know how many here have tried to make and edit a video, much less an r/c video, but it's a lot of work. Thankfully there are people with the time, know how and desire to make crazy videos like these!!!! 8) 8) 8)

You should watch the how they made it video... It's pretty funny!
Jeff

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB
Approved Member

SFC K wrote:
THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:GOD BLESS THE INTERNET moment! I don't know how many here have tried to make and edit a video, much less an r/c video, but it's a lot of work. Thankfully there are people with the time, know how and desire to make crazy videos like these!!!! 8) 8) 8)

Got link or embed so I don't have to do any work at all?? :lol: Sounds like something I'd like to check out this weekend. :mrgreen:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

SFC K
Approved Member

Post by SFC K »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:
SFC K wrote:

Got link or embed so I don't have to do any work at all?? :lol: Sounds like something I'd like to check out this weekend. :mrgreen:

Yeah, Sorry...

[youtube]e-JnODKBcCo[/youtube]
Jeff

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB
Approved Member

SFC K wrote:Yeah, Sorry...
I was kidding, I would have been glad to look for it, but thanks! :D
Ken

markbt73
Approved Member

Post by markbt73 »

This is great! I thought of doing something like this ages ago, but like most of my ideas, it never got past the "wouldn't it be cool if..." stage.

Also, this just underscores the need for more RC cop-car body choices. We need a 1974 Dodge Monaco (Bluesmobile), a late 70s Plymouth Fury (Smokey, and Roscoe P. Coltrane), an early 80s Impala (every 80s action movie) and a mid 90s Crown Vic (every 90s action movie). Preferably similar to the "Carnage" Slash bodies from a couple years ago, with breakaway fenders, and maybe hoods that flap open on landing. Hmm... How hard is it to make a vacuum-forming machine?

Diggley
Approved Member

Post by Diggley »

markbt73 wrote:This is great! I thought of doing something like this ages ago, but like most of my ideas, it never got past the "wouldn't it be cool if..." stage.

Also, this just underscores the need for more RC cop-car body choices. We need a 1974 Dodge Monaco (Bluesmobile), a late 70s Plymouth Fury (Smokey, and Roscoe P. Coltrane), an early 80s Impala (every 80s action movie) and a mid 90s Crown Vic (every 90s action movie). Preferably similar to the "Carnage" Slash bodies from a couple years ago, with breakaway fenders, and maybe hoods that flap open on landing. Hmm... How hard is it to make a vacuum-forming machine?

Mr. Lex..are you listening?.... :wink:
Projects and shelfers:
Late Edinger, RC10B2, Dual Sport, GT, Kyosho Turbo Ultima, Triumph, Tamiya Sand Scorcher, Blackfoot/Monster Beetle, '67 Beetle, Nikko Rhino, Traxxas Fiero, Slash, Hand-built Dune Buggy..all on here somewhere...