Why me? (another ebay scam????????)

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

Why me? (another ebay scam????????)

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

So last month on September the 26th I won some MIP part. I paid and it cleared by October the 1st. I have not received the part, but as we have had some postage strikes and I have been busy I was not to concerned.

So today I email the guy and enquire as to whether the parts have been posted and if so when should I expect them. He replies saying I haven't paid.

I review my ebay and paypal account and both say payment completed. I send this response this morning to the guy and don't get a reply until this afternoon.

This afternoon I get a dispute raised against me for not paying? WTF? Is this some sort of scam? The part is like £1.59 or something including shipping!

I emailed him with screen shots of my ebay and paypal saying its all paid (with my important details obscured obviously). His reply to me has been, calm down mate ebay wouldn't let me file a complaint against you unless you hadn't paid! But by this logic why have they allowed it to be filed when they tell me it is paid?

I am confused to say the least. Anyone know whats going on?

Cheers

:?

Halgar
Approved Member

Re: Why me? (another ebay scam????????)

Post by Halgar »

I don't know the ins and outs of paypal and ebay other than they don't give a crap about anything but getting their fees. You can probably send them the same info as you have the seller and let them settle it from there. If they don't give you a refund, contact your credit card company and do a charge back. Your credit card company, in turn, will charge back paypal. You get your money back, and at least paypal gets nothing, if they choose not to go after the scammer.

This is exactly what others are doing against a major scammer here in the US. A company called Dogwood Energies was taking orders to be delivered in the future (wood pellets used as heating fuel ) The company was paid via paypal, and reneged on their responsibilities of sending product at the agreed upon time which was 2 to 3 months after the sale. Since paypal only allows disputes within 30 days, the smarter victims went the route of their credit card company and got their money back.

Hope this helps.
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

Volumiza
Approved Member

Post by Volumiza »

i think i've just been scammed. i bought a t2 stealth for a friend from caw936 (or 963 i cant remember without looking) nearly 3 months ago now. it kind of slipped my mind for a few weeks what with our new house and new baby. anyway a few of weeks ago i mailed them and asked where it was or whether it had been shipped and i got the response 'my internet hasn't been working sorry i'll ship that now' (or words to that effect). i left it a few more weeks as like you said about the postage strikes i figured it may take a while. anyway i mailed them the other day and got an official ebay reply saying something like:

blah blah blah
bids on volumizas items in the last 90 days 0
volumizas bids on caw936s items in the last 90 days 0
blah blah blah

so it feels like they are denying a transaction even took place. i dont really know what to do next. the thought someone has my money and i have nothing makes me feel like david banner before an 'episode'.
"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers!" The late great Bob Monkhouse 1928 - 2003.

SoloGraphix
Approved Member

Post by SoloGraphix »

This name rung a bell but unfortunately, i can only say good things from my experience with them. I won a 6 gear tranny from this seller on Oct. 7th and it was shipped promptly and everything went smoothly. Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Volumiza
Approved Member

Post by Volumiza »

well i checked their feedback ages ago and its really good so i could accept it as a loss, but when they first got back to me they said it would be posted and then today it seems they are trying to say no transaction has taken place. i dont know, i guess you cant win them all.
"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers!" The late great Bob Monkhouse 1928 - 2003.

RC Chick
Approved Member

Post by RC Chick »

I had an experience with a store that I won't be mentioning but wont be buying from again. I purchased 4 T2 bodies, payment cleared. 3 days after auction ended I emailed cuz I hadn't recieved a shipping notice. 2 days later I got a message saying thank you for bringing this to my attention I will look into it. 2 days later I email again cuz i still didn't have an answer. the next day I get an email stating they are out of stock sorry. Now how can you list something ou ebay in the buy it now with exact quanities listed and then say " oh sorry we don't have that" ? I am still waiting for my refund to post to paypal.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

RC Chick wrote:I had an experience with a store that I won't be mentioning but wont be buying from again. I purchased 4 T2 bodies, payment cleared. 3 days after auction ended I emailed cuz I hadn't recieved a shipping notice. 2 days later I got a message saying thank you for bringing this to my attention I will look into it. 2 days later I email again cuz i still didn't have an answer. the next day I get an email stating they are out of stock sorry. Now how can you list something ou ebay in the buy it now with exact quanities listed and then say " oh sorry we don't have that" ? I am still waiting for my refund to post to paypal.
i had a similar experience with an ebay store. the problem with them was they had a brick and mortar hobby shop, and sold the item at their shop. but, never updated their ebay store. i got a refund back for the item, and i believe they even gave me a refund on the shipping charges because of the mixup.

the part that pissed me off about it was instead of e-mailing me, and letting me know of the issue, they just sent the package with the other parts i had bought from them. :roll:

RC Chick
Approved Member

Post by RC Chick »

[quote][/quote]i had a similar experience with an ebay store. the problem with them was they had a brick and mortar hobby shop, and sold the item at their shop. but, never updated their ebay store. i got a refund back for the item, and i believe they even gave me a refund on the shipping charges because of the mixup.

the part that pissed me off about it was instead of e-mailing me, and letting me know of the issue, they just sent the package with the other parts i had bought from them.

I wonder if it is the same place?? That would piss me off too.

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

With regards the tangent about ebay stores selling stuff they don't have, I too have had this happen to me.

However back to the topic, I have sent ebay the details of my payment all $2.99 of it so the dispute ball is back in there court :roll:

Triniboy
Approved Member

Post by Triniboy »

Shame about that mate, sometimes ebay sellers take so long to post items you can't help but think that they have scammed you and then they send the item. I not saying that this is the case with your item.

I just bought a car and it took longer to get her than the CAT XLS that I sent to Bormac in Oz, and this was with the strike on.

The second ebay item I ever bought was a Durtrax Evader for £90 posted that never arrived, after speaking to the sellers which was shop there was no joy. How could a huge box go missing like that someone had a nice present to take home didn't they. I had another incident with some RC10 items from the US the shop owner eventually posted the item 2-3 weeks after the sale and said that he was having problems with some of his staff and thought it had been sent Needless to say I was actually surprised that it actually arrived.

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Unfortunately nothing has been posted here, he is insisting I haven't paid when my ebay and paypal account have it listed as paid since a couple of days after the auction ended.

I had not worried about it as I thought it was paid for and the postage strikes were in full effect. But as parts started arriving which were bought after this one, I decided to query if it was in the post. Instead of replying to me he posted an unpaid item complaint to ebay :roll:

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

Maybe it's just me, but if you guys and girls are having consistent issues with eBay "stores," I for one would like to know which stores they are listing items and not shipping them. I don't think there is any reason to keep it a secret, so that the rest of us can get burned, too.

HopMeUp and myriadmarketplace both screwed me over the exact same way, then left me negative feedback after I left them a neutral on the problematic auction. I won't touch their auctions ever again, and I wouldn't want anyone else to deal with that crap, either. They are both female sellers, too. Take that for what it's worth. :|

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

I think I've worked out what the deal is here...

If the complaint isn't withdrawn before the 2nd of November I lose the right to leave feedback on the item...

son of a...

Bugle
Approved Member

Post by Bugle »

Can you wait until the very last minute to leave feedback then they lose the right to give you a negative back?

RC Chick
Approved Member

Post by RC Chick »

Bugle wrote:Can you wait until the very last minute to leave feedback then they lose the right to give you a negative back?
That's sneeky I like it!!