The Official "What is it?" Thread

Need something identified? This is the place.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Re: The Official "What is it?" Thread

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

Id say their SEEs wheels for a 4x4 buggy by offset of the wheels.Wonder if theyd fit my RS4MT lol thats new an undriven.DON

Bob-Stormer
Approved Member

Post by Bob-Stormer »

I don't recognize these, not entirely. Be precise with an answer if you know. ;)

If they are Delta, off of what? ain't the 1/12th shocks, they're to big. Not sure. was a part number on the bag (no header on it), barely visible, was a 4 digit number, might have been 5452, maybe. main shock body is 1.48" long. spring is .475 in outer diameter, about 1.2" long.

I enjoy, Schumacher 1/12th, Checkpoint motors, Lazerlite motors, PB Sizzler, Pro Panther-10, Dialed Speed Controls, Paranoia spurs.

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

Bob-Stormer wrote:I don't recognize these, not entirely. Be precise with an answer if you know. ;)

If they are Delta, off of what? ain't the 1/12th shocks, they're to big. Not sure. was a part number on the bag (no header on it), barely visible, was a 4 digit number, might have been 5452, maybe. main shock body is 1.48" long. spring is .475 in outer diameter, about 1.2" long.
My guess is Custom Works (Dominator and Intimidator era)

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

THUNDERSTRIKE1 wrote:Id say their SEEs wheels for a 4x4 buggy by offset of the wheels.Wonder if theyd fit my RS4MT lol thats new an undriven.DON
I picked up a pair of Sees wheels almost identical to those, they're for a Losi (JRX-2, in my case). Same inner captured-pin mounting system, same general appearance. Yours appear to be a bit wider, though.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Bob-Stormer wrote:I don't recognize these, not entirely. Be precise with an answer if you know. ;)

Different slightly than the CW large volume Delta, Looks like Trinity Reflex shocks-

shane
Approved Member

Post by shane »

Sorry, don't know what it is, but I recently picked up a Lynx 2 with that exact shock on it.

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

Coelacanth wrote:
THUNDERSTRIKE1 wrote:Id say their SEEs wheels for a 4x4 buggy by offset of the wheels.Wonder if theyd fit my RS4MT lol thats new an undriven.DON
I picked up a pair of Sees wheels almost identical to those, they're for a Losi (JRX-2, in my case). Same inner captured-pin mounting system, same general appearance. Yours appear to be a bit wider, though.
So they may be Sees, or at least a copy of Sees rims..... then I'm guessing they're two pairs of rears? Just want to be as accurate as I can with the listing...

Thanks guys...

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

V12
Approved Member

Post by V12 »

I also think Lynx II shocks. My Lynx shock also had the same plastic holder like in the picture but I replaced this shock with the larger optional Trinity shock. But it´s possible the Lynx shock are OEM Delta.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Incredible_Serious wrote:
Coelacanth wrote:
So they may be Sees, or at least a copy of Sees rims..... then I'm guessing they're two pairs of rears? Just want to be as accurate as I can with the listing...

Thanks guys...

Alex
Alex, in a few days, I'll be able to take some measurements and we can compare diameter & width. The pair I have are I believe 2.2" diameter and just under 1.5" wide.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

Incredible_Serious wrote: So they may be Sees, or at least a copy of Sees rims..... then I'm guessing they're two pairs of rears? Just want to be as accurate as I can with the listing...
Alex
Definitely SEES wheels. like stated above I picked a set up off Brandon on here for a Losi JRX2 or whatever they are for. As for both being rears quite possible. Do you have the offsets specs by chance?

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

Bob-Stormer
Approved Member

Post by Bob-Stormer »

It could be possible that it's lynx 2. But Composite Craft went to basically 6 digit part numbers about that time. Based on the way the plastic is molded on, and the relatively sketchy way that its done, with no regard to the flashing, I'm thinking some kind of Delta, but I have no knowledge of 1/8 delta. they are bigger than the little deltas that are on the 1/12th car. and bigger than say the center shock on a TRC pro-10. Which I think were some of the original Custom works shocks. Maybe... :P~~~
shane wrote:

Sorry, don't know what it is, but I recently picked up a Lynx 2 with that exact shock on it.
I enjoy, Schumacher 1/12th, Checkpoint motors, Lazerlite motors, PB Sizzler, Pro Panther-10, Dialed Speed Controls, Paranoia spurs.

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

Incredible_Serious wrote:Looking for an ID on these alloy wheels. 5-spoke directional pattern, similar to Kyosho Optima plastic rims. 2" diameter, captive pin drive, and all four are rear wheel size.

Looking to know who made them (commercial manufacture or back-yard), and what they suit (ie is it two pairs of rears, or are they designed to fit front and rear of a 4wd).
Wheels2.JPG
Would like to know, to advertise them properly....

Alex
Definetely See's JRX2 rear wheels. They use the 2.0" diameter rear buggy tires. The JRX2 wheels are the only ones with the straight 3/16" hole, pin drive, and that much offset.

Bimdapogs
Approved Member

Post by Bimdapogs »

How do you mount these on a 1/8 car?

This one is made by Mantua, but no mention of a specific model..

For a Traxxas Cat?

tomolupus
Approved Member

Post by tomolupus »

Bimdapogs wrote: This one is made by Mantua, but no mention of a specific model..
20886 are for Mangusta, Manta, Demon, Muscel Devil and Safari.
It may fit others to but these I found in the 1987 catalog.