Found Some Stormer Racing Sales Circulars!

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

LTO_Dave
Approved Member

Found Some Stormer Racing Sales Circulars!

Post by LTO_Dave »

I was just looking in a storage cabinet in my RC room for some books to donate to Goodwill, and came across my stack of old Stormer Racing newspaper circulars from 1994-96 that I received with my orders. :D I remember taking these things with me to grade school and junior high!

I thought for sure these had been thrown out years ago because I've looked for them several times with no luck. They turned up behind a food dehydrator of all things! :lol: I have an extra copy of the #RC28 March 1996 issue if anyone wants it...it has a pic of the RC10B2 on the front.

I'm sure Bob will remember these. :wink:

Bob-Stormer
Approved Member

Re: Found Some Stormer Racing Sales Circulars!

Post by Bob-Stormer »

Awesome. Those were a PILE of work.

A lot of that early stuff was done before you had things like internet or email. you had to take a file on syquest disc to the printer and hope they could make it work. I think they were 150 meg discs? Can't remember. Some of that stuff from back than had to be printed out and waxed. And then we took it down and they shot negatives of it. crazy stuff. Our first big mac for ad purposes was the Quadra 950. We hotroded the heck out of it. We were the first company in the state with 2 gig of hard drive. Machine came with one. One gig. and one gig drive was the size of 4 soda cans layed on it's side. I think it was right at $12g's in late 1980 money with the upgrades. Still have the machine. Unplugged and stored, but it's still in the building. Just couldn't bring myself to part with it.

That machine, or something related to what were "INSANE" 21" monitors of the time, lead to not one, but TWO monitor fires. Both were Sony. Both went up WHILE people were working on it. One of them was when I was working on it. POP, then smoke, then flames... craziest thing I ever saw, at that time. FLAMES! I called Sony... they didn't care. ;)

the March April of 94, one of my favorites. I wrote an article called "having fun". Still holds up today. :)

I miss that kind of editorial writing, I still tend to do it, but in forum posts now.

-Bob
I enjoy, Schumacher 1/12th, Checkpoint motors, Lazerlite motors, PB Sizzler, Pro Panther-10, Dialed Speed Controls, Paranoia spurs.