Brushles setup on gold pan?

General info, Q&A.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

jchoy

Brushles setup on gold pan?

Post by jchoy »

Hi guys im new to this fourm thing ,was wondering what a good not to expensive brushless settup would be. If there is a thread on here for that sorry i couldnt find it.
Chris,

joel45acp
Approved Member

Re: Brushlesa setup on gold pan?

Post by joel45acp »

Welcome to the madness bro. I run Hobbywing ESCs, Tacon motors and Gens Ace Lipos. My RC10 gold pan is raced with a 2950KV Tacon, 60A Hobbywing ESC and 4000mah 2s Gens Ace lipo pack geared at 81/26. The motor has gobs and gobs of torque! I generally have to set my radio at 90% throttle to keep it controllable. The ESC can be found on fleebay for about $40, the motors can be had for about $25 and about $20 for the battery. Look up Hobbypartz.com. Mind you, these are not the best components on the market, but they are respectable. I win and/or place high in the standings at my local track filled with guys running the latest and greatest. I think if you learn to drive your car and set it up properly for the given track, that is more important than the electronics. Just my .02 cents worth. Just remember, go out and have fun!
In Christ,

Joel C.

jchoy

Post by jchoy »

Thanks for the info . i did find a thread on this but tryn to figure out all the differnt comboes is mind numbing. What kinda run times are u getting per charge? Also do u think a six gear would live behind that setup? Again thanks any help would be welcomed.My local hobbie shop here in tulsa doesnt seem too interested in any help :cry:
Chris,

joel45acp
Approved Member

Post by joel45acp »

Sorry your LHS isn't too interested in helping out. If your car is setup with the 6gear tranny and that's all you have, then I'd stay away from high KV BL motors. I would say if you stay under 3000KV you should be fine providing your tranny is properly built and ball bearings throughout. Again, that is just my opinion. My cars have the stealth tranny, so they can handle higher KV motors, but even then, I keep the KVs below 3000KV. Ezrun has a sensorless 2500KV motor I'm fixing to try. It is about 2 ounces lighter than the 2950KV Tacon motor I have now. My RC10's top speed is about 40mph(GPS verified) but I run it at about 85-90% power during race time. Its wayyyyyy too fast at 100% power! As for run times, if I'm out bashing with the kids, I normally get about 30-40 minutes of run time with a 2s 30C 4000mah Gens Ace Lipo. I can easily run all three quals (5 mins) at my local track before I have to charge it for the Mains(7-10min). If you go with EzRun or Tacon, I would suggest to stay away from the even turn (12T, 13T etc) BL motors and go with the (.5) turn motors, (10.5, 12.5. 17.5 etc). They are full 540 motors while the others are 380 motors and from what I've seen, they heat up quickly. As for gearing, I would suggest to find out what the internal gear ratio is for the 6gear is and go from there. My car is equipped with the Stealth Tranny, a Hobbywing 60A ESC(just replaced the 35A, it was given away as a gift), Tacon 2950KV(13.5T approx.), Gens Ace 30c 2s 4000mah lipo pack. Again, all info. given about is from personal experience and not word of mouth. Hope that helps some.
In Christ,

Joel C.

jchoy

Post by jchoy »

Thank bro i appricate all the help.hope to get some pics up soon.Have a nice .a. stamp car that i just found on craigslist that i hope to get goin soon. Chris
Chris,

fredswain
Approved Member

Re: Brushles setup on gold pan?

Post by fredswain »

I have a 4000kv Hobbyking motor and a 60 amp XE-Run esc. I will personally never run a sensor less setup but that's just me. I can't get over the low speed/throttle cogging. I not many people will say its "not bad" but to me if it exists at all even in the slightest then it's too much. The HK motor was $35 and the esc was $65. Had I used a 45 amp esc then it would have been much cheaper. The 4000 kv motor is too fast in my opinion. WIth a 45 amp esc and lower kv motor then a sensored setup could have been had for about $75 or so. That's cheap.
Raborn Racing Originals Shapeways store