New to the RC10...

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Smeagol

New to the RC10...

Post by Smeagol »

Hey all, new here on the forum but I was big into R/C in the mid-late 80's. Once I got my driver's license though the R/C's went into storage and were long forgotten, fast forward 20 years later and I've now got the bug again. Back in the day I could never afford a RC10, always wanted one but the closest I got was a Losi Jrx-2 and I can't even remember what happened to that. I believe it was traded for something when I worked @ the LHS back then. Anyway, I have recently picked up a project locally and a few others while browsing eBay. I had no idea there was such a cult following for this vintage R/C stuff until recently.

See photos:

The first is a gold pan Cadillac A stamp, it's need a good cleaning but almost everything is there and it came with some decent spares. Not sure if I want to go with an ESC on this one or not, the original manual speed control is pretty trashed.

The 2nd is one I grabbed off eBay with a Hot Trick conversion kit, Andy's A-arms F&R, Proline bumper, 6 gear transmission, modified chassis, etc. It's got so much stuff on it it's hardly recognizable as a RC10 and I'm not quite sure what some of stuff even is. If anyone can identify parts from the pics that would be great. I'm not sure on the front nose plate either, it almost looks hand made. Anyway, it came with some nice spares as well and I'm anxious to try it out.

Third is a 94 World's car, pretty good shape. I'll probably just go through it and see what it needs if anything as it's already quite solid.

I plan to eventually go through all these and restore them to their former glory, perhaps run some vintage races if there are any around here. I've yet to find anyone old enough to know what I'm talking about though. :wink:

thanks,
Mike
Attachments
IMAG0408-K250.jpg
IMAG0409-K250.jpg
IMAG0410-K250.jpg
IMAG0411-K250.jpg

bigdavevw
Approved Member

Re: New to the RC10...

Post by bigdavevw »

Nice projects there! Welcome!

Jedi Master
Approved Member

Post by Jedi Master »

Luuuuuurvly toys!! :)
Do, or do not! There is no 'try'!
RC; Boats, Buggies, Trucks, Bash's, Racing and of course 'VINTAGE'!
My Ebay Feedback: http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jedimaster768&ftab=AllFeedback

Justjoe
Approved Member

Post by Justjoe »

Welcome to the board Mike. Did you race BITD in Sac...I used to race at Sacramento Mini Wheels and later at Hobby Wharehouse. There are still a couple of tracks there in the area. I am in New Mexico now and the closest track to me is about 150 miles away, so we play in the field behind the house for the most part. Have fun with the cars. They can be addicting.

Joe
USAF Retired
870C, Works 91, YR4-M2 Pro, RC10 Graphite, RC10 Carbon fiber tub
Old Skool RC10 Gold pan, RC10DS, Traxxas REVO

slow_jun
Approved Member

Post by slow_jun »

Nice cars sir, welcome.....
“It is more shameful to distrust our friends than to be deceived by them.”
― Confucius