SLASH STUFF: Pics & Tips

The place for all things Traxxas.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Diggley
Approved Member

SLASH STUFF: Pics & Tips

Post by Diggley »

Ok,

The Traxxas Forum has been a little stagnate lately & hasn't been getting much respect...I challenge any make or model to put up with the beatings that the Slash can put up with!...c'mon name one; (post original) Associated product (or any other make) that can take the abuse.

Why not start a Slash only thread within the Traxxas forum?

The Slash is without a doubt this generation's version of the original RC10. With tons of aftermarket support, almost any cool (realistic) body you can think of, & let's face it; waterproof electronics & 70 MPH+ potential what's not to love? So what if it's a little bit of a handfull in loose dirt?..who cares!

Let's show it the respect it deserves for being a great value & a way for newbs, kids & parents to get in on a great hobby!

Let the 100 point restoration/Edinger/Cadillac guys do their thing, there's nothing wrong with that. The Slash is the vehicle that got many of us back into the hobby.

How's about anyone with a Slash (stock, 4X4, modified, or what the...?) start posting in one easy to find Forum?

Anyone?..c'mon let's see pics. If you've got a tip that's not a trade secret, go ahead and post it as well.

I'll throw a few pics in too if anyone's willing to start it off. :D
Projects and shelfers:
Late Edinger, RC10B2, Dual Sport, GT, Kyosho Turbo Ultima, Triumph, Tamiya Sand Scorcher, Blackfoot/Monster Beetle, '67 Beetle, Nikko Rhino, Traxxas Fiero, Slash, Hand-built Dune Buggy..all on here somewhere...

vintage AE
Approved Member

Re: SLASH STUFF: Pics & Tips

Post by vintage AE »

Diggley wrote:Ok,

The Traxxas Forum has been a little stagnate lately
I didn't even realized we had a Traxxas Forum :P

Diggley
Approved Member

Post by Diggley »

vintage AE wrote:

:lol:...ouch.
Projects and shelfers:
Late Edinger, RC10B2, Dual Sport, GT, Kyosho Turbo Ultima, Triumph, Tamiya Sand Scorcher, Blackfoot/Monster Beetle, '67 Beetle, Nikko Rhino, Traxxas Fiero, Slash, Hand-built Dune Buggy..all on here somewhere...

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

vintage AE wrote:

I did, and then I gave all my NIP Traxxas parts to Klavy :lol:

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

:mrgreen:
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

i found a slash cartoon :mrgreen:

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

To be honest, I'd rather see a heavily modded Traxxas more than an RC10...because everything that CAN be done to an RC10 HAS been done. Let's see some wild & crazy Slashes to take the tarnish off the Traxxas name!
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

Coelacanth wrote:To be honest, I'd rather see a heavily modded Traxxas more than an RC10...because everything that CAN be done to an RC10 HAS been done. Let's see some wild & crazy Slashes to take the tarnish off the Traxxas name!
their not enough parts in the world to fix that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

tim.sanderson
Approved Member

Post by tim.sanderson »

I made one of these out of a Slash a couple of years back:
backslash2.jpg
(that's not mine, that one was the original conversion)
It was actually a lot of fun to drive. It's amazing how much better it handled on the track!

SRTracer121
Approved Member

Post by SRTracer121 »

well its a slash so nothing original or inspiring will ever come out of it.

they are hateful, boring cars that should all be burned to a crisp.

i challenge anyone to find a slash that is truly unique, every single one ive seen is nothing but bolt on parts and worn out ideas. even jangs back slash, he got the idea from a guys rustler

short course sucks. burn them, burn them all :mrgreen:

i wholeheartedly believe traxxas made some of the best 2wd stadium trucks and buggies back in the glory days but the slash isnt very representative of them. as someone on traxxas's forum said a while back, "they sold their soul for the t-maxx"

that out of the way, the slash and sc racing in general has injected a bit of life back into the hobby and traxxas has done an unbelievable job selling the hobby to the masses.

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

Diggley wrote:

I challenge any make or model to put up with the beatings that the Slash can put up with!...c'mon name one; (post original) Associated product (or any other make) that can take the abuse.
er.... gold tub rc10?

I mean, it's a vintage-focused forum here. We're all enthusiasts and a lot of us race modern stuff too, but the main tone of rc10talk is still vintage gear.

All in all the Slash is as mainstream an RC as it gets - The way I see it, rc10talk is not about mainstream-ness but is more on the "niche" side of the spectrum ;)

Paul

PS: I typed this too but didn't dare post it in the main section of my reply... well, that'd be a shame not to post it somewhere as it captures my true thoughts and I spent time typing it anyway. So let the flaming begin...
The Slash, although responsible for keeping many LHS and tracks in business is still an RC blob to most of us. It's a cheap, RTR, somewhat disfunctional assembly of cheap, somewhat disfunctional grey plastic bits with an ugly, pre-painted body on them - everything most true vintage RC enthusiasts simply can't stand. Traxxas had first movers' advantage, but an AE SC10 will run circles around it any day on the racetrack... while being in the same price bracket, with, granted, a considerably quieter less brash marketing (this might be explaining that btw... someone's gotta pay for all the sponsorships and full page ads all over the place - the consumer).
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

Lonestar wrote:PS: I typed this too but didn't dare post it in the main section of my reply... well, that'd be a shame not to post it somewhere as it captures my true thoughts and I spent time typing it anyway. So let the flaming begin...
The Slash, although responsible for keeping many LHS and tracks in business is still an RC blob to most of us. It's a cheap, RTR, somewhat disfunctional assembly of cheap, somewhat disfunctional grey plastic bits with an ugly, pre-painted body on them - everything most true vintage RC enthusiasts simply can't stand. Traxxas had first movers' advantage, but an AE SC10 will run circles around it any day on the racetrack... while being in the same price bracket, with, granted, a considerably quieter less brash marketing (this might be explaining that btw... someone's gotta pay for all the sponsorships and full page ads all over the place - the consumer).

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

vintage AE wrote:
Lonestar wrote:PS: I typed this too but didn't dare post it in the main section of my reply... well, that'd be a shame not to post it somewhere as it captures my true thoughts and I spent time typing it anyway. So let the flaming begin...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have the same feelings about this "vehicle", although I don't ever think that this generation of RC'ers will care enough about that hunk of plastic that will ever make a "slashtalk.com" site in the distant future, Diggley is correct about it helping bring about a new group of followers-

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

The Slash has allowed me to affordably race with both of my children (now 9 & 11). Parts are cheap, the speeds are not excessive, and it allows them to learn that clean racing (lines and appropriate times to pass) is the way to win.

People can say whatever they like, but if I had to support the parts needs for two SC10's piloted by pre-teens I wouldn't be able to pay my mortgage! :wink:
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

Diggley
Approved Member

Post by Diggley »

People can say whatever they like, but if I had to support the parts needs for two SC10's piloted by pre-teens I wouldn't be able to pay my mortgage! :wink:[/quote]

Exactly my point...

Associated isn't what it used to be. They rushed a copy cat product to market to keep up with the Slash's popularity. (let the early versions take a hard nose dive and survive in one piece)..Losi's Strike failed..(Strike two anyone?)...HPI who?..Ultima SC?..(cool)..They're all good in their own way, but in my humble opinion; for the money, the Slash can't be beat.

It is what it is; an inexpensive, durable, fun vehicle.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a (pre-Taiwan) Associated hater, in fact, I own 3.

It's not all about the racing, it's about the enjoyment of the hobby. Besides, cheap trophys and bragging rights are so 90's :roll: ....why kill off the fun all over again.

It's like Ford vs. Chevy...blah, blah, blah..who cares? :roll:

My son & I will keeps ours.
Attachments
IMG_1345.JPG
Projects and shelfers: