YZ10 Differential Help!

The place for all things Yokomo.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

DerbyDan
Approved Member

YZ10 Differential Help!

Post by DerbyDan »

I'm currently re-building the diffs on my 93WCS project but I have just one quick quiery..... which way round do the pulleys sit? .... both the front & rear pulleys have a deep side allowing the outdrive to sit further into the pulley than on the opposing shallow side. I have a printed out scan of the 94 manual but its very difficult to read/see the diagrams, I think the deep side of the pulley in both F & R cases has the longer of the two outdrives in it (so faces into the centre of the car when installed) But I cannot be sure. I've taken photos of most of the parts as I've dissmantled the car but stupidly forgot to document the way the diffs went together :roll:

I hope you understand what I mean :? & thanks in advance

- Dan

fakiee
Approved Member

Re: YZ10 Differential Help!

Post by fakiee »

Oh, good question. I think the works 94/95 had symmetrical pulleys so this could be another oddity of the 93/94 kit that you have. But then again I have never checked when building the 94/95 diffs, but I'm sure this would be pointed out in the manual if they were :?:

Dual
Approved Member

Post by Dual »

Hi Dan,

As Fakiee said, it is a good question. On the Works '93 (which uses the same outdrives as the WCS only on the rear), the manual indicates that the female outdrive (longer or left side outdrive) goes into the deeper recessed side of the pulley.

Now, on the 1994 YZ10 which uses a front diff setup very similar to the WCS (short left and right outdrives) as opposed to the longer versions on the Works '93, the manual indicates that the female outdrive goes into the shallow side of the pulley (for both front and rear diffs).

I have built the diffs on my WCS as per the Works '93 manual (female outdrives into deep recessed side of pulley front and rear) as the WCS manual (if you can call it that) is a supplement and is to be used together with the Yokomo Works '93 manual.

I hope this helps you Dan.

Vin

Vin

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

Dual wrote:Hi Dan,

As Fakiee said, it is a good question. On the Works '93 (which uses the same outdrives as the WCS only on the rear), the manual indicates that the female outdrive (longer or left side outdrive) goes into the deeper recessed side of the pulley.

Now, on the 1994 YZ10 which uses a front diff setup very similar to the WCS (short left and right outdrives) as opposed to the longer versions on the Works '93, the manual indicates that the female outdrive goes into the shallow side of the pulley (for both front and rear diffs).

I have built the diffs on my WCS as per the Works '93 manual (female outdrives into deep recessed side of pulley front and rear) as the WCS manual (if you can call it that) is a supplement and is to be used together with the Yokomo Works '93 manual.

I hope this helps you Dan.

Vin

Vin
Thanks for your input, I think I understand... so the female outdrive in both front & rear diffs sit into the deeper side of the pulley as per the 93 car :D

P.S; I'm just about to send you a PM :wink: