FIBERGLASS BATTERY HOLD DOWNS...OEM...Back me up.

General info, Q&A.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

liquorboxracing
Approved Member

Post by liquorboxracing »

MelvinsArmy wrote:qctires, check out this auction on ebay. It's got the diamond wing buttons.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mint-Original-RC10-Electronics-custom-body-with-box_W0QQitemZ260020049105QQihZ016QQcategoryZ44017QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
The car matches the car on the back side of the orignal instruction booklet! That thing is wicked! I bet it goes for big bucks! hmmmm! What can I sell real quick! :D

I also noticed both in the rignal instruction book and on the original box if you look close you can see the upper tranny brace is made of fiberglass as well. I wander if this was ever in any of the early released kits???? Look on page 26 in the orignal instruction book and the bottom pic shows the tranny brace. Even in black and white you can tell it is not the same material as the nylon body mount. And if you look on the box side panel that shows the side and both front and rear shots of the car, you can see the tranny brace is the same material as the rear shock tower. Kind of cool! 8)

qctires
Approved Member

Wheel Adapters

Post by qctires »

As far as I can remember, the old kits came with adapters so you can use the AE bearings on TAMIYA wheels. That is a nice one. Nice wing buttons.
Let me have those. Take the whole car. Give me the buttons. :D

qctires
Approved Member

Post by qctires »

liquorboxracing wrote:
MelvinsArmy wrote:qctires, check out this auction on ebay. It's got the diamond wing buttons.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mint-Original-RC10-Electronics-custom-body-with-box_W0QQitemZ260020049105QQihZ016QQcategoryZ44017QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
The car matches the car on the back side of the orignal instruction booklet! That thing is wicked! I bet it goes for big bucks! hmmmm! What can I sell real quick! :D

I also noticed both in the rignal instruction book and on the original box if you look close you can see the upper tranny brace is made of fiberglass as well. I wander if this was ever in any of the early released kits???? Look on page 26 in the orignal instruction book and the bottom pic shows the tranny brace. Even in black and white you can tell it is not the same material as the nylon body mount. And if you look on the box side panel that shows the side and both front and rear shots of the car, you can see the tranny brace is the same material as the rear shock tower. Kind of cool! 8)
I think all production kits came with nylon braces. Or maybe I am wrong. But mine had nylon. How much do you think is the reserve? I'll grab it for $200 but he wont let it go at that price for sure.

qctires
Approved Member

Post by qctires »

liquorboxracing wrote:

That thing sold for $550. It even had the yellow plastic that holds the copper tab which is not original with the first productions. That seller hit the jackpot. But it has the diamonds...LET ME HAVE THAT!!! :D :D

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

qctires
Approved Member

Post by qctires »

templeofspeed wrote:Here's one with the Kimbrough wing diamonds:

http://cgi.ebay.com/RC-10-car-w-remote-w-charger-w-2-batt-paks-more_W0QQitemZ140018647668QQihZ004QQcategoryZ44017QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

10 hours to go...

No, I don't need it.

You don't need what, the car?

qctires
Approved Member

Any repros?

Post by qctires »

liquorboxracing wrote:
badhoopty wrote:
liquorboxracing wrote:I am going to be having molds made for a few original driver figures for some vintage Kyosho buggies. My friends out at Fox Lite Plastics are doing the molds and vacuum forming them as well. I can a lot of small molds like this made in one run for an insanely cheap price.
btw, you know what i would like, an .060 rc10 tub underbody. no more worryin about scratchin a tub.
What an awesome Idea!!!!!!! :D I''l do it!!!!! Oh no! Does that mean I have to pay you royalty's? :lol: I will look into that! I don't think that would be very difficult to have made at all. Could probably cut the vacuum form from wood or foam for that one. Would you want it to come up over the top of the front skid plate as well as around the back of motor guard?
Hey liquorbox, any new stuff coming out? I still have no luck with the fibreglass hold downs.

bscotti
Approved Member

huh ...

Post by bscotti »

Well, I was rooting through a box of misc parts that came with a car and I found this ... I don't know if it's a home made piece or not. It's exactly the same size and thickness of the plastic piece next to it. The edges around the "keyhole" are chamfered, which seems like a factory idea to me.

GRIZZLY

Post by GRIZZLY »

Those definitly look like what my first RC-10 came with (worked at lhs at the time, guess who had first dibs when the first order came in??? lol,lol) and the tranny brace was frp (fiberglas reinforced plastic) as were the battery hold downs.
The custom color chassis were sold as a install your self item, and as complete kits, my cousin has a nib, sealed original. sealed CE, sealed rc-10 t. and two sealed color option chassis sets. BTW, save your breath,no sale, no way
I'd try to get pics off him, but I'm concerned someone maydo some BAD things to them selves and be very hard to clean.lol,lol, TTYL, GRIZZLY
IT'S BEEN A LONG, HARD ROAD. I HAVE RISEN FROM THE ASHES.

carloco8

Post by carloco8 »

Man I've been reading this topic for awhile and finally someone has found some of these battery hold downs! Sweet!

carloco8

Post by carloco8 »

Man I've been reading this topic for awhile and finally someone has found some of these battery hold downs! Sweet!

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

i really think the rc10 i had when i was 13-14 had the fiberglass holdowns. for some reason i can just imagine the feel of them. but that was 20 damn years ago and i've done alot of things to my memory since...

:wink:

qctires
Approved Member

Post by qctires »

badhoopty wrote:i really think the rc10 i had when i was 13-14 had the fiberglass holdowns. for some reason i can just imagine the feel of them. but that was 20 damn years ago and i've done alot of things to my memory since...

:wink:
All the while I thought I was younger than you. :D

andrewm707
Approved Member

Post by andrewm707 »

heres a fiberglass one on top and a nylon one on the bottom

qctires
Approved Member

Post by qctires »

andrewm707 wrote:heres a fiberglass one on top and a nylon one on the bottom
:D Is that OEM? Where did you get it? If it's home made, it's nice!