just bought my first 2 rc10 gold pans

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

airbats801
Approved Member

just bought my first 2 rc10 gold pans

Post by airbats801 »

It's funny as I rememebr my brothers friend having a really hot rc10 back in 87 or so, but when I had my first chance to get a real rc car when I was 9 or so I chose the tamiya king cab, cool car, until the friggan chassis broke lol.

Anyhow, second rc car I bought was a rc10t, fun truck.

Lately I had been wanting to get a rc10 gold pan car and make it looking proper. I managed to score 2 of them for a great price the other day. One needed a little omre work than the other. Luckily I even got a rc10 box and original 1985ish instruction manual. Both cars are what I believe is A pans. They have the triangle on the back. One is a lighter gold, the other is a darker gold, but from what i have read, they are both still original early versions. They have the 6 gear diffs.

One came with a interesting front spoiler on it. I will get some pictures up as soon as I find my memory card for the camera.

I ended up taking he dirty one apart and have cleaned all the parts, and am in the process of putting it back together. Along the way I have already found a few things that weren't right, or were already missing when I bought it. The trans was missing 1 bushing for the thrust washer, front fiberglass arm had a stubby ball joint that didn't have a nut on it, and i'm sure a few more things I havent found out yet.

The ligher colored chassis is actually quite clean, and I wont even bother pulling it apart. It has some god awful ugly modern day rear wheels that im gonna pull off and chuck in the garbage. I jsut need to install electronics into it.

I'm thinking I may install my old tekin rebel into one and a novak racer into the other. I have 2 stock cans, but I want to try and find some quality old brushed motors, and have a buddy at the lhs put them on his lathe and install new brushes. I'll run one stock and 1 modified.

I think I may actually run these cars at some local tracks for fun. They have some scratches on the lower pan so they are no collector cars, but I figure it will be fun to go try them out on the track.

I do want to find an original unpainted body and try to do the paintjob on the box though :)

Anyhow I will post some pictures up tomorrow I hope.
2x rc10 A stamped, rc10t, rc18t, 3x rc10gt tamiya stuff - fox, lunchbox re-release, Custom chevy clod crawler, cc-01 pajero, 2x cc-01, kt full option, and 3 HL tanks. Looking for a rc250 and rc500

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Re: just bought my first 2 rc10 gold pans

Post by DerbyDan »

Can't wait to see your pictures...

You plans sound great, I think you get the best enjoyment out of these cars if you use them as intended!

Welcome by the way :wink:

badattitude
Approved Member

Post by badattitude »

You can still buy the bodys from Tower hobbies

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LX2697&P=7

PICS!

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

welcome airbats801!

Looks like you may have an Edinger car (lighter gold coloured chassis), which is a lot more rare than the darker gold pan chassis. Cant wait to see photos.

airbats801
Approved Member

Post by airbats801 »

been a long time since I posted. Sorry. I lost the mem card for my camera so I was kinda SOL. Anyhow, I spent quite a few drunk nights tearing the dirty rc10 down and cleaning it with some simple green and a toothbrush. I completely dissassembled it, cleaned and put most of it back together, and managed to lose a few misc parts along the way lol.

So here are pics. The first lot is of the darker chassis which was 100 times dirtier than the light chassis, so If igured I'd start there. a few pictures of it, then only one of the light chassis with horrible rear wheels, then a few of my rc10t truck and of all.

I still have a few things to do on this one like finish removing the sticky tape, and install the speed control, antenna holder, and battery holder. along with the front end brace, sway bar, and airdam deal

Light colored chassis

Truck

together

A few other projects I am in the middle of

Tamiya fox that needs a new transmission, mine seems to be bad.

Tamiya Full option King tiger with metal tracks, I'm pretty much finished fixing a few issues with this one. ust need to bolt the top back end on.
2x rc10 A stamped, rc10t, rc18t, 3x rc10gt tamiya stuff - fox, lunchbox re-release, Custom chevy clod crawler, cc-01 pajero, 2x cc-01, kt full option, and 3 HL tanks. Looking for a rc250 and rc500

airbats801
Approved Member

Post by airbats801 »

badattitude wrote:You can still buy the bodys from Tower hobbies

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LX2697&P=7

PICS!

NICE what about the wing?

Ruffy
Approved Member

Post by Ruffy »

Very nice!

airbats801
Approved Member

Post by airbats801 »

I went and bought some more underbelly gold screws today along wth new strut bottoms, new battery tray screws,, new roll pins for th rear stub axles and probably something else. I'm getting ready to clean the second car which has some ghetto crap going on.

I want to buy some good rc10 tires stock or something that will fit the stock wheels along with 1 rear oem a chassis rear wheel.