New member 10T team Truck

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

bully
Approved Member

New member 10T team Truck

Post by bully »

Hi everyone, this place is truly awesome. I spent the first cpl day's just soaking up all the info. This is the team truck i bought recently and i tidied it up a bit and put away most of the white parts and replaced them with new ones. I put 3/16cvd's and built a little shelf to move back the body mounts to try and avoid the common cracks near mounts that occured with all the bodies i got with it. I have a 10T body in black for shelf work and a cpl of T2 bodies that i race with. Overall i am stoked with the way it goes and currently i am the only one racing an older truck versus all the T4's and i shocked alot of people with how good it is. The only problem i have is the local track i run at is astroturf everywhere except for the corners and currently it is a wheely monster, i ran last week with 20grams in the front and played with the slipper with not much difference so i added a bit more and am club racing on sunday to see how it goes.
Attachments
2.jpg
My 10T
2.jpg (42.2 KiB) Viewed 971 times
My 10T
My 10T
2.jpg (42.2 KiB) Viewed 971 times

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Re: New member 10T team Truck

Post by Asso_man! »

Hi bully and welcome aboard. If you are running Lipo batteries with a brushless combo, I would suggest that you have to add at least 100gr under the battery and another 50gr on the nose in order to cool the truck down. 20gr won't make much difference...

bully
Approved Member

Post by bully »

Cool thanks mate. Can't wait for an interclub when i can run on the second track in my city which is all clay i think it will be better there

bully
Approved Member

Post by bully »

Bit of dumb question but how do i add weight to battery compartment on the10T. Sum sort of lead tape? Where do i find suitable products to do that? PS i am running havoc sport 8.5 setup with yeah racing 3200 lipo's with 18/87 gearing, 40wt with piston 1 in rear and 40wt with piston 2 in front, gold in rear and red springs in front. Open to all info thanks everyone.

bully
Approved Member

Post by bully »

Ok ran it with total of 70grams placed in the front end near servo and tower and was very good. Can't believe the way these things go up against the modern competition right on the money and the only upgrades to mine are the 3/16 cvd's and the factory team gold shafts for the shocks, awesome fun, almost as much fun running with the modern stuff as it is to race the SC10.

Sir
Approved Member

Post by Sir »

bully wrote:Hi everyone, this place is truly awesome. I spent the first cpl day's just soaking up all the info. This is the team truck i bought recently and i tidied it up a bit and put away most of the white parts and replaced them with new ones. I put 3/16cvd's and built a little shelf to move back the body mounts to try and avoid the common cracks near mounts that occured with all the bodies i got with it. I have a 10T body in black for shelf work and a cpl of T2 bodies that i race with. Overall i am stoked with the way it goes and currently i am the only one racing an older truck versus all the T4's and i shocked alot of people with how good it is. The only problem i have is the local track i run at is astroturf everywhere except for the corners and currently it is a wheely monster, i ran last week with 20grams in the front and played with the slipper with not much difference so i added a bit more and am club racing on sunday to see how it goes.
Nice truck...:)