25 YEARS OF THE RC10 (See page 1)

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Re: 25 YEARS OF THE RC10 (updated 9/6/10)

Post by slotcarrod »

I didn't know that kit existed either! I will have to add those pictures to the CE Stealth post. I hope BWX won't mind!

Sorry I have not done any work on this thread for a while! I have the B2,B3 and B4's to do it, I just can't dedicate the time right now. Besides, I'm not going anywhere.... I think! :| I hope to do some work over the winter! :wink: Key word is "hope"!

BWX
Approved Member

Post by BWX »

Awesome... and yes you can use those pictures no problem. Just make sure you copy them to your hard drive incase they get deleted off that website they are hosted at now.

If I take better pics with better camera I will post them up in the future. It's great that I could contribute to such a great RC10 history thread! I guess I have a fairly rare RC10 (well, the box anyway- the car is the same as other RC10CEs), and its the only one I've ever had.

After all the abuse and racing the original Rooster still works too.. that's amazing to me.
RC10 CE "late" with included Rooster ESC (#6014)

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Thanks BWX, can I get some info on your car?

I assume it's all black plastic?

What motor did it come with?

Caine
Approved Member

Post by Caine »

A brilliant piece of work!
Its amazing the changes the car has been through over the years. I can't believe the information that is available on here. Huge thanks to you guys! i love this place :D

Johnboy72
Approved Member

Post by Johnboy72 »

Thank you for this thread. After finding this site I was thinking how insane most of the members get into their restorations. Right before this deployment I kicked a box and when I picked it up, realized it was an old RC10 box. Believe it's from my first RC10. When I get back I'll have to double check the box. But thanks to this thread, I think I realize that my first RC10 was a cadillac version. My father was running a CE with the Stealth. When he saw how good I handled my Blackfoot and hotlapping with his RC10, he purchased the cadillac used. It had the 6 gear and everyone treated it like it was junk. I ran Radio Shack battery packs, Futaba ESC, etc. I could dang near keep up with most of the guys running the expensive packs and such. But just didn't have the equipment. When I cleaned house in the novice class, my dad gave me his CE. I think I want to find a cadillac, CE and worlds car to "restore" my old EDM cars. Sorry for the long post but this just brings back wonderful memories I shared with my father.

DW911
Approved Member

Post by DW911 »

Really nice thread, well thought out and very informative ......Thanks very much for all the work that went into it .....cheers :)

paNX2K&SE-R

Post by paNX2K&SE-R »

Man 25 years now, time flies! Great job to everyone keeping interest in these old cars going strong.

THE H.P FREAK
Approved Member

Post by THE H.P FREAK »

HI!... Hey guys, 1st post. Been into RC for about 25 years. Mostly Tamiya and Traxxas. I always wanted a RC-10 back when I was a teenage but couldn't afford it. So my 1st car was a Tamiya HORNET and then a Tamiya BIGWIG. Not my original but I have 3 BIGWIGS today including a custom aluminum chassis one.

Anyways I have a chance to get two vintage RC-10's from a buddies friend. Here are a few pics of them. One is the gold chassis and the other is a black chassis. I currently don't have the cars. These are pics the friend sent me so I don't know yet what the letters are stamped on the chassis. Can any of you tell me roughly what I'm dealing with from these pics? Thanks :

Neal

He's also including this car. I don't have the faintest idea what it is. Neither does he. Anyone know what it is? It's also the middle care in the very 1st pic above.

102 RC vehicles and counting...

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Nice cars and welcome to the forum Neal! You have a Team Car and a Cadillac RC10. The other car is an early Traxxas Rustler! Love the Tiger paint job!

THE H.P FREAK
Approved Member

Post by THE H.P FREAK »

HI!... So are they worth picking up from this guy then. He wants $125 (CAN) for all 3 plus spare parts.

If I get them, I plan on tearing them down and rebuilding them. I want to go lipo and brushless. So the TEAM RC-10 should have the STEALTH trans then?

Soncho Ponza
Approved Member

Post by Soncho Ponza »

Great stuff I love the Tiger.....

THE H.P FREAK
Approved Member

Post by THE H.P FREAK »

HI!... Well my buddies friend let me take one of the RC-10's home so I could better look at it and take some better pictures. Anymore info on this car would be great before I buy it.

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

You should snap those up. That is a more than fair price for those cars. Take a look at what they go for on ebay if you need more confirmation. Oh - welcome! :D
Gary

THE H.P FREAK
Approved Member

Post by THE H.P FREAK »

HI!... Well I think I'm going to end up buying them. Thanks for all the info.

A bit off topic but since these will be my 1st RC-10's................. does anyone have any links to sites that still carry parts for these things? I know I need new bodies, rear wings and hardware to mount them. Also I notice that the rear carrier bearings have a shoulder built into them. I've never seen this before. I need to replace all of the bearings inside, and out. I would like to use sealed bearings if possible.

Any weaknesses in these cars I should be aware of? I'll be going brushless on both with lipo. Any modern parts that fit to make them stronger from newer T/A cars?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

These 3 new RC's will make my total to 18. lol! :mrgreen:

THE H.P FREAK
Approved Member

Post by THE H.P FREAK »

HI!... Anyone? :mrgreen: