therealBudhatrain rc10t

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

budhatrain
Approved Member

therealBudhatrain rc10t

Post by budhatrain »

Notice how I said "therealBudhatrain" when you do that, it makes it better, I heard.

This is the first rc I ever owned in the early 90's. Just graduated HS and going nowhere real quick in Albuquerque NM. I'm not gonna say this changed my life because that would be over the top- but for me now, it is a symbol of an important turn around in my life- it was there back then, I am here now, and I am thankful.

I pulled this thing out and cannot remember the last time I beat on it. It didn't take much to get it where it is now, new set of RPM rod ends, new rear wheels and tires. Everything else is older- battery which cycled well (surprised), tekin speed control that still works, some homemade modified motor-10turn that a guy made at Ryders HS in Ypsilanti MI- that's about it. I see how bad I used to be at soldering.

It runs real silent and fast. I like it! The gladiators on the rear help out at our dusty local track I really like them on my 10t3 with a havok pro brushless setup.

Not sure what to do next. May dye the white parts black. Probably a new lid down the road maybe some new front tires. But all in all it is a fun truck that I will never get rid of.

Ohhh yeah- don't be jealous of my cowrc.com work mat. This thing is awesome to work on. The whole thing is a magnet so screws and stuff stick when they fall to it. It has little organizers up front. I think every work area needs one- they come is 3 different sizes- this is the jumbo.

Let me know what you think and some suggestions!

drbelleville
Approved Member

Re: therealBudhatrain rc10t

Post by drbelleville »

Thats so cool that you have such a clean truck from way back. I love the Proline Gladiators, I ran a set front and rear on my King Cab, and RS4 MT back in the day. Id say clean it up, and run it - maybe not hard but just to keep it in shape and all.

Toasted Coastie
Approved Member

Post by Toasted Coastie »

Thanks for posting the website for the mat, now I have to resist buying one for my work bench. WTF?

Nice truck too!

budhatrain
Approved Member

Post by budhatrain »

Toasted Coastie wrote:Thanks for posting the website for the mat, now I have to resist buying one for my work bench. WTF?

Nice truck too!
Dude your hilarious and compulsive- you remind me of a friend I have here in town- look just like him same smile everything...minus all the drinking :)

It's a good purchase (the mat) and looking at all your projects it would help out! I don't mind doing a product review if you guys do that around here.

drbelleville thanks for the comments- I remember changing the tub chassis at some point- not because it was to beat up but for some reason I put foam in the tub and cut out around all the parts to make it look trick, but I remember it looking like crap when it got all dusty and dirty. I had no clue of denatured alcohol back then- easy toasty- so instead of just pulling it I bought a new one.

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

budhatrain wrote: I remember changing the tub chassis at some point- so instead of just pulling it I bought a new one.
well you made the right decision when you changed the tub. You ended up with a nice lookin worlds tub :wink: .
Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

Toasted Coastie
Approved Member

Post by Toasted Coastie »

budhatrain wrote:
Toasted Coastie wrote:Thanks for posting the website for the mat, now I have to resist buying one for my work bench. WTF?

Nice truck too!
Dude your hilarious and compulsive- you remind me of a friend I have here in town- look just like him same smile everything...minus all the drinking :)
Meh, I actually don't drink THAT much, just on the weekends......

I got things to forget about man. Every been the parents of uber inteligent twins? Drives you u a wall......

Do a review, I think that's a great idea. On other sites I am on (mostly cigar and beer sites) we do reviews all the time.....

metallicats33
Approved Member

Post by metallicats33 »

Good lookin truck. I say get some more white parts and maybe some carbon towers to go with that worlds chassis... truck style :wink:

freakofnature

Post by freakofnature »

x2 on that killer looking truck :mrgreen:

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

nice truck....if the bottom is not too far wrecked already, stick some chassis protector on there.......

if it's almost new, you can probably get a whole new truck if you sold just that chassis.....just FYI.......

budhatrain
Approved Member

Post by budhatrain »

I am not gonna sell this... to me it's a keeper just because. But what is too far gone underneath? In the condition it is in currently would you still suggest to get an under tray to preserve? Is this pretty bad- to me this has been a truck that i don't mind taking out and taking around the block?!
rc10tunder.jpg
rc10tunderb.jpg

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

it's certainly run, but I wouldn't call that bad. I'd run some chassis protector for sure...it's cheap insurance from making it any worse......

budhatrain
Approved Member

Post by budhatrain »

are you talking about a lexan undertray or is there something else tape-like? thanks for the heads up!