hollywood blockbuster "inception"

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GJW
Approved Member

hollywood blockbuster "inception"

Post by GJW »

went with friends tonight to see inception with leonardo decaprio, what an epic show absolutly mind blowing a real thinkers show with huge special fx and crazy twists in the plot.

who's seen it?? its a must see guys, is it just me or are movies just getting better and better? im very glad i have an imagination and pity those who dont. :)

treehugger
Approved Member

Re: hollywood blockbuster "inception"

Post by treehugger »

oh yes its on my list looks pretty cool and im not a caprio fan in the slightest

Paul

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

treehugger wrote:im not a caprio fan in the slightest

Paul
It's been hard fopr me to take him seriously after seeign him in what's eating gilbert grape.

GJW
Approved Member

Post by GJW »

yeah i couldnt stand him either back in the day, just like woopi goldberg and billy cystal they just s**t me :lol:

decaprio was too boyish to act in a man's(tittanic) roll but now he has filled out and really grown as an actor. check out blood diamond also!

inception is one wild ride, a super technical thriller 8)

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

marui hunter 73 wrote:
but now he has filled out and really grown as an actor. check out blood diamond also!
on to see even if you don't like leo is 'Departed'. Inception is on the 'to see' list but with a 9 year old daughter I am lucky to see anything that isn't animated...
Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

GJW
Approved Member

Post by GJW »

agreed, departed is a top movie also, nickelson and walberg play some wild parts dont they!

i watch an old movie now and again and to be honest get a little borred, i really crave these complex shows there is just so much in them these days. :wink:

Doc J33P
Approved Member

Post by Doc J33P »

Don't know why anyone has not commented?! I saw it opening night in an IMAX and I was blown away. I left the theater like I did in 1998 (Matrix), simply stunned. I am not easy to please, ask my wife, and we both were simply exhausted after Inception. I plan on seeing it again this weekend.

It is most definitely a movie that you HAVE to see in the theaters!

As for Leo, he is this generations new big boy acting wise. Is he the best, no, but he is the hot ticket and appeals to all age groups. Sure he looks like a 12-year old with a glued on half-beard, but he is pulling huge numbers and huge movie deals.

Now if you can remember before Gilbert Grape, look him up on Growing Pains. He looks like a 5-foot two year old, lol.
35 years of RC and still broke!

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

I was talking with a friend yesterday who'd just seen Inception and he thought it was great too. Said he was contemplating the perception of reality the rest of the afternoon. :lol:
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Post by justinspeed79 »

I am really glad to hear y'all saying this. I thought it looked killer when I saw the previews, but after just watching Shutter Island a couple weeks ago, I had my doubts. I don't usually go to the theater, but I think I will for this one.

I don't care much for Leo the man, but as an actor I think he is exceptional. To be honest, I thought he was excellent in Gilbert grape.

dldiaz
Approved Member

Post by dldiaz »

justinspeed79 wrote:I thought he was excellent in Gilbert grape.
I agree, he played a very convincing role as a person with intellectual disability in "Gilbert Grape" - I am really not a big DiCaprio fan, but, for a different perspective on him as a young actor, you should watch:

"Basketball Diaries", he's along with Mark Walberg, again - good movie...

Certainly "Blood Diamond" is worth a watch, I guess it is DiCaprio's first 'tough-guy' role - another good movie.
-dldiaz

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

I thought he did a good job with Catch Me If You Can with Tom Hanks. That's the one where he assumes other identities and forges checks and ends up becoming an FBI consultant as an authority on forgeries.

N2Deep
Approved Member

Post by N2Deep »

Leonardo's acting is kiddish in a way but I guess he's got the looks. The movie that jumped started his whole acting career must be TITANIC and for that, he'll always be remembered as Jack; not to mention Celine's My Heart Will Go On helped the movie in an unforgettable way. The Movie Inception reminded me so much of Matrix, The Lovely Bones, The Cell and the Matrix again. To think about it, there was no real bad guys in that movie, except that his wife looked kinda scary when they got up on the elevator and she was looking up at them...reminded me of that one crazy movie starring Jack Nicholson and the kid was always saying "Redrum".

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

N2Deep wrote:.reminded me of that one crazy movie starring Jack Nicholson and the kid was always saying "Redrum".
The Shining ... :mrgreen:
[youtube]2TVooUHN7j4[/youtube]

N2Deep
Approved Member

Post by N2Deep »

hahahah, yes, that's the one I was talking about. Inception left me thinking like after watching The Shining. Weird but it did.