TRX-1 pics

The place for all things Traxxas.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

The Fuhrer
Approved Member

TRX-1 pics

Post by The Fuhrer »

Finally, here are some pics of some of "The Squadron".

One Car is a runner, the other while not mint, is the shelf, or at the moment cupboard queen....

As per usual, original bodies are like chickens teeth. The runner gets the privilege of a bandit body. Funny how the TRX-1 would have to be one of he best looking bodies ever produced, the Bandit one of the worst :wink:
The JC Bandit bodies would look the goods on these Bad Boys.
Attachments
P1010627.JPG
P1010625.JPG
P1010624.JPG
P1010622.JPG
P1010621.JPG
P1010620.JPG
P1010619.JPG

CobraKen
Approved Member

Re: TRX-1 pics

Post by CobraKen »

Great looking "squadron" you have,
What make of bellcranks are on the Traxxas cars?
I had a lot of slop in mine, reamed the original bellcranks out and made new posts
in stainless steel absolutely spot on now :mrgreen:
I have repo body, undertray for the trx1 available
The original I have is being painted "boxart"

The Fuhrer
Approved Member

Post by The Fuhrer »

Hi Ken, not too sure what make bellcranks they are. The yellow ones are circa 1993 vintage. Someone will know the make here on the forum.

I have three other TRX1's (in various stages of completion....), none have the original steering :shock:

Will be good to see your box art buggy.
TRX-1, never low on street credit.

Tor: anonymity online

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

Its good to finaly get a look at your TRX-1 cars Neil. Im looking forward to a look at the rest of them too. :mrgreen:
I have one of these cars and I love it to peices! For me the TRX-1 was always the coolest racer to come out from Traxxas back in the day. It had (and still does have) so much cred when it comes to the race track. Im yet to drive mine but I'm hoping to find some time over the coming xmas break.

To me the yellow bell cranks look like A&L items. They did make a kit for this car. :D
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

My collection-http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=10980

The Fuhrer
Approved Member

Post by The Fuhrer »

Better late than never Jason.

There you go A&L bellcranks, I wasn't sure.

Get down to the Vic's in April and team up with me to beat Ant in the 540 class. It's TRX-1 Vs Cougar 2. I have enough parts to mount a sustained attack!
One of the older racers got a bit teary eyed when I showed him the TRX1 on Sunaday, as he threw his out when they were no longer fashionable! He came up to me later in the day and handed me the shocks off it, Ant was not impressed!
Looking forward to your pics!

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

Neil I'd like to be there but believe it or not Im realy not that much of a racer. Besides my wife is pregnant and another interstate r/c trip wont go down very well right now.

I think Ant will definately have your measure though. I supplied him with a very capable Cougar2 (which turns on a dime mind you) and he knows how to set a car up for the track conditions.

Ive owned two TRX-1 cars in the past couple of years and the first was sold off to my good mate CHIPRANDALL in the states before I got a chance to drive it. Then I recently bought this stunner from a member here. Its new built and I paid a whole lot of money for it and I reckon its worth every last penny too. I want to run it but dont know if I can bring myself to. I think you'll agree it might be a sin to drive this beauty.

I am very fond of this car. I remember watching them race at BORMAC all those years ago and they look killer in my opinion.

-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

The Fuhrer
Approved Member

Post by The Fuhrer »

Jason, I would not run it. Don't run it, agreed a sin to dive a rare, awesome ride. As you can see in the Squadron pics, I have a new built RC-10 Graphite, fortunately I have enough RC10's to to run.

Last new build TRX-1 I saw was back in '92. The car had so much hype after the '91 worlds and "That body"!
Just to reiterate, I do have my original car from '92, cripes I was 13! A lot of the plastics are so brittle now.

As for Ant and his Cougar, he was circulating with it at Knox on Sunday running mid field in stock with one of those awful sports tuned motors....... Cougar 2 is so short in comparison to the TRX-1. I have a nip #4711 that would be good to use, however, I cant bear to open the packet. I guess Team Dremel will have to go to work on one of the existing chassis.
Back in the day at the old Wodonga track Cougar's, RC-10's, Ultimas - Triumphs, JRX's, TRX-1's were all competitive on any given day. It shall be an interesting race!

Neil.

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

Yeah Neil I think this one will have to be for the shelf. I have a very sweet near new KO CX-111 which I could mount in it with some 1700sce batteries and an old KO receiver and servo too.

I have been watching a few 'runners' on the bay and thought i had that last one sorted. In the end the seller wanted more than $300usd shipping on that puppy and I just couldn't take him seriously after that point.

Im not sure what will eventuate down in VIC at that meeting you want to run at with Ant but im sure it will come down to the driver rather than the car so much. You can both set up any car you put your mind to much like many others out there and i wish you all luck on the day. For me its all about nostalgia. I dont get paid to race r/c cars therefore its not a big deal wether I win, draw or lose a race. I come away satisfied seeing so many cool old cars get a second chance at life on the race track all these years later.
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac