== Who the Heck Are You? ==

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

HotRodJosh
Approved Member

Re: == Who the Heck Are You? ==

Post by HotRodJosh »

Hey guys...I'm Josh, 36 and an R/C addict...recovering.....haha!
I'm a heavy equipment mechanic, live just outside Tacoma, WA.....
Interests include.... R/C's (cars, boats) of course, as well as build traditional hotrods/customs, restore musclecars, 4 wheeling, custom painting/airbrushing/pinstriping, old style choppers/bobbers and art.
I started with a Tamiya Wild One in the mid 80's...but quickly upgraded to an RC10, which led to many other cool cars I plan on collecting.... :P

Past cars: A few OG RC10's, RPS Yokomo SE, Tamiya Lunchbox, AYK Radiant, Kyosho Ultima, Losi JRX-2, Tamiya Wild One, Losi JRX-Pro, Losi XXX, Associated RC12E & 10L, Corally SPII....
Attachments
HotRod21-1.jpg
Me with my "Trouble Maker" pickup.
HotRod21-1.jpg (25.11 KiB) Viewed 2395 times
HotRod21-1.jpg (25.11 KiB) Viewed 2395 times
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription.....is more cowbell."
Pinstriping by Josh

RC10Eh
Approved Member

Post by RC10Eh »

As my post count nears 40, thought I really should introduce myself…. My name is Paul and live in Toronto Ontario, Canada.
I have been fascinated with anything RC for most of the last 35 years.
I just recently got back into buggies after sailing RC Competitively for the last 14 years. My collection is made up of mostly retired runners and include.

RC10 – runner
RC10T – Runner
RC12L – Retired graphite and retired CF
RC10 Graphite – Retired with MIP Tranny
RC10 Houge (thanks to my new friend :D ) 100% SHELFER
RC10 Gold Pan (awaiting restoration)

Optima (awaiting restoration)
Optima Mid – Retired shelfer
Optima Mid – Runner
Kyosho F40 – Optima based car, Retired.

Midnight Pumpkin (modded runner)
FOX (awaiting Restoration)

Thanks to the members / MODS for a FANTASTIC source of information and support!

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

Here is a picture of me and one of my Kyosho Mid's back in the day...and of the same car at the local track...

First got into RC cars in the mid 80's even raced at national level got 2nd in 4wd modified....then got into other stuff..always surfed so I guess it was a time thing..

RC cars I've owned
Frog
Hornet
Falcon
Lunch Box
VW
Wild Willy
Big Wig
Salute
Mid
Mid Special
Lazer
Marui Big Bear
RC10B2
RC10
BBT sprint car
Land Jump
Vannning
Mini Zee
Kyosho 1/8 Truggy
Attachments
moreofus (1)2.jpg
us (116)2.jpg

gregm
Approved Member

Post by gregm »

Just signed up for the forums. What a great resource. I raced dirt oval and carpet oval back in the 90s (Syracuse, NY) and got back into racing again a few years ago and now spend my "free" time running off-road. I took a flyer on a 10t which should be in my hands in a few days. I hope it turns out to be as complete as it appeared. I'll be looking to restore it with modern electronics; it will definitely be a runner rather than a shelf queen.

Cars I've owned in approximate chronological order:

Then
Tamiya Falcon
JRX2
JRX Pro
RC10 Worlds Kit
RC10LSS
RC10GT
LXT

More Recently
XRAY FK04
Tamiya Mini
RC12L3
RC10B4
Kyosho Ultima RB5

Currently
RC10T4
Kyosho ZX5-SP
BMI DB12RR (Lipo)
RC10T

speedemall
Approved Member

Post by speedemall »

Greetings all !! I signed up here way back in "06 and have returned.My name is Devin, I am 30 yrs old and I reside in western maryland. I have been in the hobby for 23 yrs and am also a collector of vintage rc vehicles, mostly Tamiya and Kyosho. My collection is currently at 83 vehicles and counting. After all these years of wanting one I finally got a chance to buy an excellent shape Gold pan last week. This was one of my dream cars as a kid but I had no where to run one at the time due to having no dirt areas in the neighborhood so I ran RC10L'S AND 12L'S. Back when I first signed up here I had a 10gt and B3 buggy. Now that I have the gold pan I have been doing nothing but searching here and getting tips for restoring my new car. Thank you for creating such an incredibly helpful resource for these classic vehicles.
They call me.........THE COLLECTOR!! Collector and restorer of everything vintage

Drusky
Approved Member

Post by Drusky »

Hello, I am Andrew, I am in partnership with my two brothers, we own a milk processing plant. I did a bachelors degree in Science majoring in Microbiology and Chemistry. I have never used the Chemistry but the Microbiology is useful for making Cheese, Yoghurt and other cultured products. My first task at our business was putting together a small level one Microbiology lab to test our products. Since then I have been involved in all the day to day aspects of running a small to medium size business. Repairs, maintenance, labour relations, driving the tanker trucks etc etc.
Attachments
Although I've had my RC10 for 15 years this is the only type of RC racing I've ever had the opportunity of enjoying. These are RC36 Shipmate racing yachts, unique to South Africa.
Although I've had my RC10 for 15 years this is the only type of RC racing I've ever had the opportunity of enjoying. These are RC36 Shipmate racing yachts, unique to South Africa.
My latest RC pursuit is large scale aerobatics.
My latest RC pursuit is large scale aerobatics.
This is me at the local slope. I am an enthusiatic slope pilot!
This is me at the local slope. I am an enthusiatic slope pilot!
These trips are often quite eventful. On this occasion all four bolts on my rear wheel came loose at 100km/h hour. I had thought the squirrely handling leading up to this was a results of all the loose sand. Well it wasn't :D Thanks to God I wasn't hurt.
These trips are often quite eventful. On this occasion all four bolts on my rear wheel came loose at 100km/h hour. I had thought the squirrely handling leading up to this was a results of all the loose sand. Well it wasn't :D Thanks to God I wasn't hurt.
I like to explore the surrounding areas on my motorcycle. There's a lot of open country in South Africa.
I like to explore the surrounding areas on my motorcycle. There's a lot of open country in South Africa.
I am not a farmer, We buy milk in from two farms and process it for sale in the local market. We use only Jersey cow milk. It is rich and creamy stuff.
I am not a farmer, We buy milk in from two farms and process it for sale in the local market. We use only Jersey cow milk. It is rich and creamy stuff.
This is me at the site for our new processing plant. Exciting times.
This is me at the site for our new processing plant. Exciting times.

Momo5
Approved Member

Post by Momo5 »

Howdy! I've been on here for a while now, but have neverposted here so here goes..

My name is Dave. I'm 32 years old from Farmington, Missouri and I work for a couple of radio stations reporting news. I started RC when I was 15. My first hobby grade rc was a Kyosho Raider, and then I quickly moved up to a team car. I got out of the hobby when I was 17 and have gotten back into it in the last few years. Here are the current cars I own..

Mugen mbx 5r
Cen Matrixx TR
Losi Jrx-Pro
Losi XX
Losi Junior 2
Traxxas Nitro Hawk
Kyosho Outlaw Rampage 2
Kyosho Inferno 09
Kyosho HOR motorcycle
Associated B4

Gene

Post by Gene »

I figure this would be a good place to put my first post. This is a great forum and seeing all the vintage cars brings me back to when I used to race at Radio Active Raceways in Bolingbrook IL

My I've been intoR/C cars sinse I was 8, the first time ai seen a r/c drag car adn the great tamiya clodbuster. I din't get my first real car unitl my 12th ibrthday. It was a Kyosho Nitro Brute. Terrible truck. but i would love to have another one for a shelf queen.

Anyways on to me. Im a Father of a beautiful 3 year old girl. Live in Wheaton IL, and run a little online business. I used to be really big into sportbikes for the last ten years and must have had about 20 different bikes over the years. Now My hobby has gone back into cars. I have a '74 Bmw 2002 and a ;52 chevy that I am rebuilding

the rusty 2002. Still awaiting a turbo spoiler to pop up on ebay for cheap
the daily 200k and still going good

the 52. WIll be on wide whites and air ride suspension

notme
Approved Member

Post by notme »

Bernie Casey, Kamloops British Columbia Canada. I started into rc around 1979 when I bought a futaba 4 channel set and mounted it in a cox van (forgot the name of those?) It wasnt too exciting as there was no throttle control on the 049 engine. Then a buddy told me about a surplus sale where there was a fair amount of bolink cars. I picked up a 1/12 scale with a 6 cell and yeaaa...I was hooked after that! I mostly raced offroad from the early 80's until 94 or so, then went into aircraft and helis. Those were fun times too and faded away from that scene around 98. Then moved here to kamloops in 01, but didnt get into cars again until 06. Wow have things have changed! Like most of you I regret parting ways with a lot of my cars, which are almost impossible to find now, but Im confident they are in closets somewhere.
I have a huge list of cars I used to own, but I'll only list my favorites and memorables.
a well worn old style rc10 bought used 8)
bolink 1/12
schumacher cat xxl(?) chrome rims
Yokomo 870c
Cougar 2
Cougar 2 team
Turbo Burns

Other interests include, motocross, 4x4's (trailrunning),video editing, rc nitro helis and of course keeping my 3 kids entertained.
The old days of racing seemed way more fun, today the racers seem to take things too serious. I just cant help to think about how it used to be, easygoing and FUN. At least the equipment is vastly improved and more affordable.
Thanks for the site :mrgreen:
Bernie Casey
My vintage collection, rc10, rc10 ce, turbo optima ,xls, storm ,jrx2,jrx pro, xxt, inferno mp3

TeamDeweyHobbies

Post by TeamDeweyHobbies »

Hi my name Is Tyler Dewey, i am part owner of a hobby shop in nampa idaho.
Intrest: ANYTHING with wheels and a motor lol :mrgreen:

tazz888
Approved Member

Post by tazz888 »

Ron, 34 from Milford Ct.
Auto Technician for Uncle Sam (US Postal Service)
Attachments
ron.jpg
Ron DePoto
Team Driver:
Schumacher / Speedpassion / Core RC / Express Motorsports / Dialed Inc. / ROAR Region 1 Director

rctenracer
Approved Member

Post by rctenracer »

My name is dave I am 50yrs old
I work as a heavy eqiupment mechanic for a local consturtion company.
I also have pvt pilot lisence and own a cessana 172 that I love to fly.
In my spare time I like restoring RC10's
Attachments
me 006.jpg

matthew john
Banned Member

Post by matthew john »

name is matt. 20 yrs old, mechanic in the Army. weekend /after work shade tree mechanic,some times construction and land scaping. body work here and there, get a junk truck that needs just minor work ( end up doing a complete body swap and engine swap... see my ford ranger and s10 in my other post)

when im not working on vehicles im playing with my rc toys and online here at rc10talk.

iloveyourface17

Post by iloveyourface17 »

Hi! Im Brandy. Im in the Air Force, how awesome? (jk) Ummm....... Im from the south, displaced to Cali. I no longer have any RCs. Long story. I had an HPI Savage and a couple of Traxxas cars. Nothing vintage. I also had a couple of RC planes.... a couple Yaks. I have a broken jeep and a fusion.

K.....Bye!
**Brandy**

iloveyourface17

Post by iloveyourface17 »

uzzi wrote:Brandy is that a M82 you are holding in your avatar?
Yes it is... big, honky, and heavy...i have attached avatar so you can see it bigger...and other fun pics from iraq
Attachments
sandstorm.jpg
l_65f0a1b9d650499c92784537ad051e6c.jpg
l_8ee411d7364441d4982e5336dc7a5031.jpg
l_b5301245efbd4a4eaba2f46807b9a8e4.jpg
**Brandy**