kyosho / rc10 sprint car.

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

matthew john
Banned Member

kyosho / rc10 sprint car.

Post by matthew john »

traded a box of parts for this. realy dont know what im gonna do with it, so its in the BST section!! it has a kyosho frame, and rc10 a arms, and stealth trans. plastic nerf bars. i think i seen this chassy on a older kysoho sprint car from back in the day.
but the body was different and it had kyosho parts , not rc10!!but im not for sure. if any one knows what this frame is , post a reply!

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Re: kyosho / rc10 sprint car.

Post by Mr. ED »

standard issue ultima frame

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

real short wheelbase: the ultima was short already and the rc10 front arms sweep back alot more than the ultima ones

murphy3428
Approved Member

Post by murphy3428 »

its a kyosho sideways all beat up ur best bet is to strip it done cause it isn't worth much in the condition its in the best thing on it is the front shocks, here is some pics of what it should look like
Attachments
000_0007_00.jpg
000_0003_00.jpg

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

I don't agree: looking at the body and asso parts I see an original home-made conversion that definitely saw a lot of track action. Not worth anything on the market but far more original than a sideways

(not a sideways body by the way)

matthew john
Banned Member

Post by matthew john »

nice kyohso side way sprint car. i just happen to know some one who has one NEW IN BOX :D

what year did that side ways by kyosho come out?

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

I don't know what is it but it's cool anyway!
Gary

murphy3428
Approved Member

Post by murphy3428 »

Mr. ED wrote:I don't agree: looking at the body and asso parts I see an original home-made conversion that definitely saw a lot of track action. Not worth anything on the market but far more original than a sideways

this is or was definitely a kyosho sidways when it started out the only changes I see here is the associated arm and what looks like a bolink sprint body, other than that its all kyosho sidways not much of a conversion except for adding more holes and turning original parts into scrape, but I am not saying that it would not make a good runner project but I wouldn't waste time trying to bring it back to original status now that it has all of the extra holes in the chassis maybe just clean it up and keep it as it is

murphy3428
Approved Member

Post by murphy3428 »

matthew john wrote:nice kyohso side way sprint car. i just happen to know some one who has one NEW IN BOX :D

what year did that side ways by kyosho come out?
Thanks, I think the sideways came out 88' 89' it was never really to popular back then so they are fairly common to find nib they definitely do not bring the money that say a original ultima nib would I have seen them go for around 200.00 to 300.00 nib not much more. The sidways in the pic I paid 78.00 on ebay a few months back and is in perfect condition it was never run. The problem with the sideways is that kyosho cheaped out on some of the parts that came with the kit, and I think the tires were a little to big for the scale look of the side ways I have never run one so don't know how it handles looks like it would be pretty slow out of the box

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

murphy3428 wrote:
Mr. ED wrote:I don't agree: looking at the body and asso parts I see an original home-made conversion that definitely saw a lot of track action. Not worth anything on the market but far more original than a sideways

this is or was definitely a kyosho sidways when it started out the only changes I see here is the associated arm and what looks like a bolink sprint body, other than that its all kyosho sidways not much of a conversion except for adding more holes and turning original parts into scrape, but I am not saying that it would not make a good runner project but I wouldn't waste time trying to bring it back to original status now that it has all of the extra holes in the chassis maybe just clean it up and keep it as it is
The sideways is 90% the same as an original gen1 ultima so this is a friendly and healthy but rather useless discussion.
The only parts which belong to a sideways and not the original ultima buggy are either gone or were never there. So it's pretty hard to tell which lay at its origin.
The only parts that'd pull me to your opinion are the nerfbars and motor bar, but on a closer look they didn't seem like kyosho parts to me. Maybe I'm wrong/ I've never seen those parts in real life and you obviously have..
Still it would seem stange to me to convert an oval sprinter into another oval sprinter, so I stick to my own theory

mikedealer
Approved Member

Post by mikedealer »

strange car, and i dont have any valid opinions to pertain to it to be honest, but the one thing i notice with used sprint cars is everything goes out the fricken window with them.. i remember people do ALL sorts of weird stuff to sprinters because it worked perfectly for them... weird arms, different shock springs/pistons/even different brand shocks on different left/right sides, ive seen people use one aluminum arm on each side because they like the way the car handled, etc etc..

point is with used sprinters ya never know lol

murphy3428
Approved Member

Post by murphy3428 »

the nerf bars and the motor guard is from the side ways the rear shocks are also stock on the sideways which were kind of crappy shocks and the top deck I think is different then the orig ultima due to the cage mounting. It looks to me that it wasn't moded but repaired with what ever was available to the user can't see anybody using the rear shocks unless they were already there and the nerf bars look like hey might of broke the mounts on the bottom section and added some metal brkts

Soncho Ponza
Approved Member

Post by Soncho Ponza »

Friend gave me one of those a couple of weeks ago with a few other cool rides in the box---I like those sideways rigs