fallout 3

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

badhoopty
Approved Member

fallout 3

Post by badhoopty »

anybody else play this on ps3 or xbox?

not that i've had any time to play the darn game lately, but i HIGHLY recommend this to anybody who likes video games that take awhile.

by far one of the most captivating and well done video games i've ever played. i'd put it right up there with being a little kid and playing super mario way way bitd.

RedScampi
Approved Member

Re: fallout 3

Post by RedScampi »

Oh man! Another addict! This is the best game I have ever played...and i've been playing computer games for as long as there were computer games! Anybody here besides me remember the Commodore Vic 20 and Zork? Fallout 3 has so much content that you don't want to finish it. I have actually finished it twice and then gone back to work on it more. That was about twenty or so hours of playing ago. I am at level 19 and I need to download Broken steel before I get any farther. What a game!
Attachments
fallout-3-legs (Large).jpg
Gary

adam lancia
Approved Member

Post by adam lancia »

Commodore 64 here :mrgreen: Baja Offroad was my favourite then :)

rctenracer
Approved Member

Post by rctenracer »

I havn't played a video game in years. I still have my old sega system . :oops:

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Never played Fallout but spend many hours playing Call Of Duty IV & V on my sons PS3. Look forward to the new one COD Modern Warfare 2.

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

I thought this would eb a cool game for my son's birthday but Gamestop says the game isn't out til 10/13. How did you guys get it so early?

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

I can't say for the consoles but it has been out for several months for the PC.
Gary

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

good to know i'm not the only game geek on the board. ;)
shodog wrote:I thought this would eb a cool game for my son's birthday but Gamestop says the game isn't out til 10/13. How did you guys get it so early?
fallout 3 has been out for awhile now. but the 'game of the year' edition (which i think already has all the extra downloadable content and missions) isnt out yet.
RedScampi wrote:Anybody here besides me remember the Commodore Vic 20 and Zork?
i LOVED zork when i was a kid... i never beat it but that didnt matter. ;)

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

I can't tell you the number of hours I wasted trying to map out Zork on graph paper. "You are in a small, dark, cave. To the north there is a door. To the south there is a cave troll". 'Go left" "go right" "go up" "use torch". No pictures or graphics, just black and white text. Wasn't it great?! I never beat it either that I remember. Anyone remember the Ultima series? Not the rc cars, the computer games. They were in COLOR!
Gary

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

RedScampi wrote:I can't tell you the number of hours I wasted trying to map out Zork on graph paper. "You are in a small, dark, cave. To the north there is a door. To the south there is a cave troll". 'Go left" "go right" "go up" "use torch". No pictures or graphics, just black and white text. Wasn't it great?! I never beat it either that I remember. Anyone remember the Ultima series? Not the rc cars, the computer games. They were in COLOR!
it was defintely tricky getting around. i still remember typing in 'minimum/maximum verbosity' so i could either keep track of where i was going or read up on the description of the room.

i also remember a text-based game called 'raaka tu' that my grandma had on a tape drive for her trs-80.

looking back on that really makes me appreciate a game like fallout. :wink:

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

I ended up getting Halo ODST for my son's birthday today. He was totally stoked.

speedemall
Approved Member

Post by speedemall »

RedScampi wrote:I can't tell you the number of hours I wasted trying to map out Zork on graph paper. "You are in a small, dark, cave. To the north there is a door. To the south there is a cave troll". 'Go left" "go right" "go up" "use torch". No pictures or graphics, just black and white text. Wasn't it great?! I never beat it either that I remember. Anyone remember the Ultima series? Not the rc cars, the computer games. They were in COLOR!
HaHa !! I still have the Ultima games for the NES
They call me.........THE COLLECTOR!! Collector and restorer of everything vintage

speedemall
Approved Member

Post by speedemall »

RedScampi wrote:Oh man! Another addict! This is the best game I have ever played...and i've been playing computer games for as long as there were computer games! Anybody here besides me remember the Commodore Vic 20 and Zork? Fallout 3 has so much content that you don't want to finish it. I have actually finished it twice and then gone back to work on it more. That was about twenty or so hours of playing ago. I am at level 19 and I need to download Broken steel before I get any farther. What a game!

I still have my vic 20!!! I have some games also,Alien,Road race, carchase,blue meanies and a whole lot more. I collect vintage games and systems so my basement is full of this stuff.
They call me.........THE COLLECTOR!! Collector and restorer of everything vintage

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

I still have my vic 20!!! I have some games also,Alien,Road race, carchase,blue meanies and a whole lot more. I collect vintage games and systems so my basement is full of this stuff.[/quote]

My brother in law started a computer museum about 20 years ago. I thought he was nuts because he went around to all the Goodwills and garage sales and bought all the funky stuff they had back then. I don't think he kept them though. I don't really miss my Vic-20 but I do miss the C-64. That machine was way before it's time!
Gary