very sad story of a mint condion Never ran rc300

RC10/12/100/200/250/300/500/Dual Sport
General discussion, builds/restorations etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

matthew john
Banned Member

very sad story of a mint condion Never ran rc300

Post by matthew john »

i had a rc300 nib, got it from a friend in a package deal. built it a few months ago and shelfed it, it wasnt even completed yet,had no motor or electrics, didnt even had the hole cut for the fuel tank or servos.!!

well i went to the swap meet sunday and took it and some other things, left it and some other rc's in my truck . late sunday nite or early monday mornig, some one broke the door handle off my truck,tried drilling the key lock , then broke my drive side window to get in. didnt break the glass, but broke the track ,and had the window half out of the door, it looked liike some one was installing a window or removing one! then they even tried prying my door open.

any way they got in, stole the rc300, vintage rc10 nitro,stole the parts tank for my m4 sherman tank resto,stole a gold pan tub rc10, stole ownership papers for some vehicles(i buy,fix ,sell used cars n trucks) stole the keys, they event took the insurance and regstration for the truck they broke in too!!! they tried to break the igniton and steal the truck, they had the steering column cover broke off and had tried using a screw driver in the ignition. they took lug nuts off my truck trying to steal my rims. and the messed up thing is, this had to of taken some time,and no one saw a thing :?: .

so all i got left is the box,some bolts,and papers for the rc300. and my m4 tank in need of parts AGAIN,and left me with a lot of time waisting down at the dmv.

this just sucks. havent had time to work on any of the restos. i feel so sick, feel violated, knowing some one broke in to MY truck, yeah sure my truck aint as good looking like all these little punks rice burners , but its all i got, hard earned money, had the truck since i was 16,and some one messes it up so they can sink their grubby hands on to my projects and my stuff,and try to steal my truck? now my truck is "old" some say(2003)?? but come on ,a 383 with a turbo in a s10,centerline rims, 4:11 posi, they all got a reason to be jealous of me, but everything i got is up for sale for the rite price. it mite not be all pretty , but thats time and money. a truck cant defend its self when its getting broken in to,why not just ask and make an offer before stealing it??

sorry for the long post, but this is whats been going on, this is why there is no resto updates or any new pictures .
if anyone knows of some one with a mint condt rc300 in hawaii, PM please!!!
"your attitude in general and had robbed you of any credibility in my opinion. honesty costs nothing by the way."
a quote from Bormac. i think he's rite.

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Re: very sad story of a mint condion Never ran rc300

Post by RETRO R/C »

Mate - that really blows chunks!!

Sorry to hear about what has happened to you.

I would inagine though, that it would be pretty hard for someone to offload that gear in to anyone on a relatively small island like Hawaii? I know a couple of enthusiasts over there - and I am sure that the police wouldnt see this kind of thing being stolen every day.

I hope you can get it all back mate - but that feeling of violation really does hurt for some time.

All the best

Darryn
TO KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING - YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN
VENOM International | Factory Pilot - Team SCHUMACHER UK | J-Concepts USA | B-Fast Performance USA | Bugle Boy Racing | MAX Racing Products International

markt311
Approved Member

Post by markt311 »

Very sorry about the break in. Car thieves are the worst kind of scum. I never got back into show trucks after my bagged and bodydropped Ranger got stolen and crashed. Before it was stolen the stereo was thieved out of it 3 times, after I shaved the door handles they just started breaking windows.

I know how bad it sucks to have a vehicle you put hard work and blood into get violated by some jerkoff thieves.
Mark

Aaaaahhhh crap! I'm about to get passed by that orange truck!

87fierogt
Approved Member

Post by 87fierogt »

i am very sorry to hear that with this economy many people resort to stealing. my mom write for a newjersey news paper and i kid you not there is a bank robbery EVERYDAY they actually brought the fbi in for one guy. i dont care of you steal my wallet or my tools from my garage etc but for someone to mess with a guys car is NOT right almost every car guy into cars and does their own work then it gets stolen it destroys your emotions. in my area 97% of the people i know who drive hondash(from mild to full out builds) have gotten them stolen all but 2 peopple one person keeps it in their garage and has 4 cars blocking it in the other rents a garae on the side of a speed shop those 2 are the only person's to not get robbed.
sorry for the long meessage but that really pisses me off
speed r/c taking car of all your rebuilds/restore/used and new custom builds/and anything in between pm me for quotes and`pics of previous builds

matthew john
Banned Member

Post by matthew john »

i dont know what to do, some one tried getting in to my truck again last nite. i was thinking about shaving the door handles , but that just wouldnt look rite on my style of truck, and i figured theyd resort to breaking windows,having a car alarm doesnt work, they just grab wires they can reach and rip em out or cut em, my truck aint got no fender wells,so they can just feel around and grab em. i should have my 85 ranger done here soon. i think that one will be harder to break in to. theyd need a ladder or a step stool to try and get in through the window or break the lock cuz it sits up so high!and i took the nerf bars off so they couldnt stand on them to do it, and i changed the rear sliding glass to a solid back glass.and i tinted the windows a bit so its harder to see in.all them extra changes i had to spend money on to make it harder for people to break in to my truck.that money i could have spent it on parts for my restos or bought some more basket cases for resto projects.

but this is weird though, i think its easier to break in to a 2003 s10 than it is a 85 ranger. on a s10 you can jam a screw drive in between the door and door handle. thats how they got in to my truck i think, also got the window to slide down from the out side. i was looking at my ranger, it looks hella lot harder to do. only wasy i think theyed get in is break a window wing or bust a window.

hope fully ill be able to start on a project here soon an post pics. i did get some parts cleaned up on the rc10 gold pan i got free, just got to re assemble it and rebuild shocks. i did get some pics, just need to find time to post them.
also trading a tamiya black foot for a parts tank for my M4 sherman tank, cant wait to get that!! and hopefully i can get a chance to fire up my junk yard build rc10 nitro build,and test run my rc10 gold pan that i stole for $50. it was just a quick build, just some thing to tinker with, will do a full resto some time. well guys ,thanks for the comments.makes me feel better.

(im just turned 20. my NCO's and people i work with in the army keep telling me all this crap that keeps happening to me is just life. i understand that but come on. im only $3 grand in debt, people say thats nothing, well its only growing debt, sister passes away and the army wont let me leave to go to her funeral,a retired marine swithces vin tags on a off road truck i was building at his place. i leave for a month for training and i come back an he is selling it,said i just left it there. and wat he did was wrote a fake bill of sales , and said im selling him my truck with a lost title ,and puts the vin and my signature on it. and he then takes that vin and puts it in a truck that had no papers ,and he then put his tags from another truck in my truck.
he gets the special rivets for the vin tags from a friend, and cuz it looks all legit, cops dont do nothing , just says that those are factory rivets in the vintags, no way he swithced them. this freaking sucks, i mean im still a kid, in the freaking army, and life is just coming at me like a freaking missile, reality check man, it sucks.i understand life is rough but how are you supposed to cope with crap like this, i just got away from it all playing with my rc's, but after getting my truck broken it to a some vintage rc's stolen, it just changes things, i get so mad because i had a mint rc300 , and look, its gone,. this just sucks bawls.
how are you just supposed to suck it up,and shrug it . am i thinking this is rough cuz im still growing up or is it gonna get better as i get older and get used to this crap??
"your attitude in general and had robbed you of any credibility in my opinion. honesty costs nothing by the way."

Gene

Post by Gene »

I'm sorry to hear about your misfortunes.. When I was in my early 20s I had a hell of a bad time too. I eventually sold my car and motorcycle, and started to hang out with different friends. I know changing your lifestyle sucks but that may be a route you may have to go through to find happiness.

Good luck and keep your head up.

Daddeo
Approved Member

Post by Daddeo »

Wow, very sorry to hear about your misfortunes.

Being 20 years old you have your whole life to look forward to and many years to come that will bring happiness, sadness, etc.. In life you have to keep a perspective that fits your style of life and in a way that brings you more joy than pain. Changing your way of life might be one way or simply changing the way you look at things could help also. Since you are very young though you still have some growing up to do, meaning that your view/take on life will certainly change as you get older. All of us can offer you advise on how to live your life but ultimately it comes down to you making the right choices for yourself.

matthew john
Banned Member

Post by matthew john »

i just hope i make the rite choices, and i do hope things will get better. only got one life,wanna make the best of it ( and restore every old rc car i can!!!!!)

in a better mood today, got some tank parts and able to make time to work on some cars!!!

dreambmx
Approved Member

Post by dreambmx »

When you do get another 1/8 scale gas, you can run it over at Wheeler. Go to the west end of the runway and down the hill. Behind there is a hidden runway and there's a motorcycle safety course asphalt pad that you can run on. I used to run there with a warrant officer friend of mine. That was only 15 years ago. Sheesh I'm getting old.

Mike

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Sorry to hear about your loss's! Keep your chin up, you are young, listen to the wise advice Daddeo and the others are giving you. Things will get better. Thanks for serving, I know I am in Canada, but we are still brother countries and part of NATO. You guys stick your heads out for us all and keep us safe! Be proud! Chin up! Good will come to you! :wink: Thanks again!

camlchris
Approved Member

Post by camlchris »

If I got this low-life thief, I will shot him ! My Tamiya RC tank was also stolen last year from my car park. :evil:

rc10johnny
Approved Member

Post by rc10johnny »

CC you have no idea what MJ has done to this site.you get what you give!!!

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

rc10johnny wrote:CC you have no idea what MJ has done to this site.you get what you give!!!
So true! Karma! :mrgreen: I love the show My Name is Earl! :mrgreen: