MIP 4X4 kit for the RC10 - GAUGING INTEREST ONLY

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

JPAE07
Approved Member

Re: MIP 4X4 kit for the RC10 - GAUGING INTEREST ONLY

Post by JPAE07 »

I voted 64th.

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

I spoke to Eustace last week about some of the work I will be doing in the future with regards to articles on MIP products. I have nearly all the parts now to convert 3 period RC10's to Cable, Chain and Belt drive, and I was getting some of the finer details from him, we hadnt spoken personally since the 89 worlds! Back then I was just a young kid in awe of him! (I am still in awe of them - I am just a big kid now!!). We have been in contact before with Eustace and I was most excited to hear from Daddeo in this thread that MIP were considering doing some of their original designs again.

Let me assure anyone that is doubting that any of this talk is not going to come to anything that Eustace is EXTREMELY passionate about this hobby, and even more so about keeping the history of our hobby and MIP's involvement in it well and truly alive. MIP is looking at alot of their old products..........lets just say that there may well be some VERY happy re-re SRB drivers if enough interest is shown! :wink: And that is just the tipp of the iceburg. If there is enough interest - MIP will be re-producing alot of the stuff we have lusted after. Most importantly Eustace is not concerned about making a million dollars out of this, he is enthusiastic about the vintage scene and is keen to keep the pricing VERY realistic. Those are his words.

In the last week (as you know) the blog has asked for voting on what products are available. Be assured that the more interest shown in these items - the more likely they are to be re-introduced again. Eustace also confirmed that some items will have improved engineering (like CVD axles) to make them more reliable and robust.

I am also happy to let people know that I finally got an answer that I thought I was right on confirmed! The 4wd conversions on all but the earliest of conversions all contained ONE-WAY front gearboxes - not differentials. SHODOG - we finally have an answer!! :lol: :mrgreen:

Guys - tell your friends, and get voting - MIP is one of the oldest (in fact probably the only surviving) manufacturer from the early years of our hobby. Their products have always been reliable and good value. Now, hopefully in the near future, you will be able to own some of the most sort after hop up parts on the vintage market that you only ever dreamed about owning.

I am personally very excited about this - and good on you Daddeo for getting the action going on RC10 talk.

Cheers

Darryn
TO KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING - YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN
VENOM International | Factory Pilot - Team SCHUMACHER UK | J-Concepts USA | B-Fast Performance USA | Bugle Boy Racing | MAX Racing Products International

tiger1
Approved Member

Post by tiger1 »

Darryn and the gang:

I am glad to hear that MIP is getting more serious about getting some good stuffs for the rc10. I am all for it to get some more Legend 410 for my own collection. :mrgreen:

It will be extremely nice if MIP can do the same for Tamiya's re-release SRB... :mrgreen:

CNA75
Approved Member

Post by CNA75 »

RETRO R/C wrote: MIP is looking at alot of their old products..........lets just say that there may well be some VERY happy re-re SRB drivers if enough interest is shown! :wink:
Great news!! And if that is the case, I suggest that the voting link should find its way on to the Tamiya Club forum (which should mean a good few more votes)....

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

CNA75 wrote:
RETRO R/C wrote: MIP is looking at alot of their old products..........lets just say that there may well be some VERY happy re-re SRB drivers if enough interest is shown! :wink:
Great news!! And if that is the case, I suggest that the voting link should find its way on to the Tamiya Club forum (which should mean a good few more votes)....
I was planning on hitting that issue tonight. :wink:

I am very happy that Eustace is about the Hobby as much (if not more) than the business.

Cheers

Darryn
VENOM International | Factory Pilot - Team SCHUMACHER UK | J-Concepts USA | B-Fast Performance USA | Bugle Boy Racing | MAX Racing Products International

tiger1
Approved Member

Post by tiger1 »

MIP is owned and run by a smart man, he understand where the interest of his customers and supporters is :lol:

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

Darryn,

I would second the motion to post the link on Tamiyaclub if you haven't done so already. :)

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

Will be doing it in an hour or so.

Getting quite a bit of mail about it to now....

Gotta love the idea of a MIP ball diff for a RR for a reasonable price!

EDIT - Now posted on TC: http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=52125

Spread the word peoples!

Cheers

Darryn

tiger1
Approved Member

Post by tiger1 »

Yes, get MIP to re-release the ball and/or gear diff for SRB, that trailing arm kit, that gearbox and the 4wd conversion for SRB :mrgreen:

CNA75
Approved Member

Post by CNA75 »

tiger1 wrote:Yes, get MIP to re-release the ball and/or gear diff for SRB, that trailing arm kit, that gearbox and the 4wd conversion for SRB :mrgreen:
4WD conversion for the SRB....can you imagine that in a re-re sand scorcher..... :D

Rattlesnaker
Approved Member

Post by Rattlesnaker »

Sweet I love an old 4X4 kit!! :D All three of them, actually! I remember emailing them several years ago, asking if they had any old kits/parts lying around, but had no luck. This is great news!

Eustace is a great race announcer too! not sure if he does that any more, he came up here to a race in Toronto, Canada, way "back in the day" and he was great, one of the best I had ever heard

87fierogt
Approved Member

Post by 87fierogt »

im in for one as soon as possible i have an idea to build a desert truck with one of these but theres no way id try it or have the cash to try it with a real one
speed r/c taking car of all your rebuilds/restore/used and new custom builds/and anything in between pm me for quotes and`pics of previous builds

The Fuhrer
Approved Member

Post by The Fuhrer »

Hi Guys,

Any updates on this? There is a bit of interest here in Australian vintage scene for this kit.
TRX-1, never low on street credit.

Tor: anonymity online

JPAE07
Approved Member

Post by JPAE07 »

Does Eustace need more votes?

Funkymojo

Post by Funkymojo »

Count me in, i'm interested... :)