Project Boxter! Box art Replica.

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

bensb4
Approved Member

Post by bensb4 »

yuuuuuuuup asso man sara/shea is a hot one.ive got the same pic on my background hehe

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

i really like what you did to your shocks. i dug up a set of mine, and threw them in the glass bead cabinet. i think i'm gonna stick with the dull finish on mine. i'm not looking to make a true box art replica, though. i'm gonna be using hg shock collars, upper mounts, and the lower spring cups. i think the polished parts will look good with dull bodies. then again, they might not. oh well, if i don't like it, i'll just sand and polish the shock bodies and caps.

liquorboxracing
Approved Member

Post by liquorboxracing »

scr8p wrote:i really like what you did to your shocks. i dug up a set of mine, and threw them in the glass bead cabinet. i think i'm gonna stick with the dull finish on mine. i'm not looking to make a true box art replica, though. i'm gonna be using hg shock collars, upper mounts, and the lower spring cups. i think the polished parts will look good with dull bodies. then again, they might not. oh well, if i don't like it, i'll just sand and polish the shock bodies and caps.
I like the matt finish that bead blasting gives aluminum as well. I think it would be cool to make aluminum shock towers, tranny brace, and some other small detail parts for an original gold tub and matt finish all of them like that ( including the shocks. ) Post pics of your shocks when you get them together!

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

last night i easy-off'd and nev-r-dulled the shocks of this ebay 10:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=014&item=330016022935&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

they look pretty good imo, i'll try to get pics this weekend sometime. car turned out pretty neat with some polishing and a dye job.

liquorboxracing
Approved Member

Post by liquorboxracing »

I got the Front and rear shock towers finished, and the rear tranny brace made! This G10 cut's like rock! I burnt up 4 blades cutting this stuff. No wander Associated used it to make there shock towers from! :D It took me most of the end of the week and the weekend to get the layout for the shock towers correct. I actually made the rear shock tower twice before getting it's design close to what is on the Box Art car. The front tower may still need some work, it is close but there is something I just cant put my finger on as to what is not quite correct about it. I also got my Rear Sway bar mounted. A friend of mine has some nice uncut white battery tubs he is going to be trading me tomorrow so I will get those replaced. All of the studying I have done of the Box Art car I have just realized if I am to reproduce it completely I will need to make a new front Skid plate, and a new motor mount, and have them anodized. The front body mount hole is not in the Skid plate on the Box Art car, and the two holes in the top portion of the motor mount are not there on the Box Art car either. The stock motor mount will suffice for now, and the front skid I am going to mill the AE logo in and leave it for now as well. I want to concentrate on getting the shock collars made, and the chassis details down first. Here are some pics of the shock towers and tranny brace.

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Post by justinspeed79 »

Nice! 8)

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

this is going to be one of the coolest rc10's of all time...