Trinity motor, please help....

Brushed, nicad, radios, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

MarkyDents
Approved Member

Trinity motor, please help....

Post by MarkyDents »

I’m trying to find out what this motor is, and what era (years) its from. Mainly trying to figure out what turns and winds it could be as well. Please help !
DBAC0B5C-1593-4ACB-8B8E-43818A3D8657.jpeg
5D1E317F-7AAE-47D3-A776-A895AF219212.jpeg
Who do you race for ?
Me……. I race for me.
That’s impossible, I was told you need a sponsor to race.
Hey Cru ! Go balls out 8)

juicedcoupe

Re: Trinity motor, please help....

Post by juicedcoupe »

Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

MarkyDents
Approved Member

Post by MarkyDents »

Thank you very much ! That catalog sure does make it sound like a nice motor to have. I really appreciate you finding it.
Who do you race for ?
Me……. I race for me.
That’s impossible, I was told you need a sponsor to race.
Hey Cru ! Go balls out 8)

matt1ptkn
Approved Member

Post by matt1ptkn »

Thank you, too, for that Trinity catalog link. I have one of these motors as well, and I've always wondered what it was. It really would have been nice if more motors had permanent identifiable markings.
Matt

Just a part of my RC collection: Matt1ptkn's Toys

"I wish there was a way to tell you're in the good old days, before you've actually left them."

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

That's been a major hurdle I've found while going down the rabbit hole of brushed motors as it pertains to identification. Manufactures used the same cans and decals as a time and cost cutting measure I imagine which makes it hard to know what's what. I've also regularly come across the same part numbers being used, or even no part numbers at all. Like for example a company would use one part number, and then write on the header card of the packaging the turns and winds. So for a lot of these motors the only way to know what the specs are is to take them apart to examine the armature.

SoCalSnakeEyes

Post by SoCalSnakeEyes »

Lowgear wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:18 pm That's been a major hurdle I've found while going down the rabbit hole of brushed motors as it pertains to identification. Manufactures used the same cans and decals as a time and cost cutting measure I imagine which makes it hard to know what's what. I've also regularly come across the same part numbers being used, or even no part numbers at all. Like for example a company would use one part number, and then write on the header card of the packaging the turns and winds. So for a lot of these motors the only way to know what the specs are is to take them apart to examine the armature.
Very, very true for mod motors for sure. Stocks have the tabs that make thing a bit simpler. Cheap or expensive mod is easy to tell based on how nice the wires are wound and if they drill or epoxy balanced. After that, good luck. I have had some luck weighting the the arms. Lighter arms being lower turns/winds than then the heavy ones. But that's not 100% right, just a best guess type thing.

(I should have read the whole post. :lol: )
You may know me as Jessica. Or, that girl that raced a Stampede at SoCal Raceway. Maybe, that girl with the big big block El Camino.
IG and YT @ Jessica's 2 Car Garage https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMP9VnJ76BZv6EZJSRke_pw/