Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Forum rules
No posting in other users topics!
DerbyDan
Approved Member

DerbyDan's R/C Showroom

Post by DerbyDan »

ASSOCIATED

My Worlds RC10 runner, bargain ebay project, now restored; 2.2 wheels, MIP B3 shafts, B4 slipper, Brushless, 2.4ghz, LiPo etc.....

RC12L Graphite version, raced briefly at my local indoor club in the early/mid 90s - the local model shop (& my sponsor) got a batch lot of these which supplied enough cars to club members to have our own heat, but soon I was the only one left running against 1/10th buggies!!

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Re: DerbyDan's R/C Showroom

Post by DerbyDan »

TAMIYA

Local tip/dump find Bowtie Clodbuster, restored with new shell + upgrades

The handset I use with it is the original one that came with my first ever R/C car (Tamiya Hornet)

Tamiya M0-3 Mini. The shell didn't stay so nice for long as this has since been raced at my local indoor circuit.

The 1-1 Mini in the background belonged to my sister

The chassis includes ballraces, TRF shocks, roll bars, adjustable titanium links, UJ driveshafts & those lovely blingy wheels 8)

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

LOSIS

Losi XXXCR with Atomic Carbon chassis & PSI 4 gear transmission, pics taken just after its re-build ready for the 2011 season, this is still my current off-road racer.

Early Losi XXX

This was last racer before my recent return to racing off road, raced around 1999/2000

Losi XX Kinwald - re-built & raced during the 2012 outdoor series - best result to date was a 2nd place finish at a local club meeting.

Losi XXT G+

Ebay bargain 'fun runner' - re-built with new shell (my 1st attempt at using liquid mask) & free 'vintage' brushless system fitted.

Losi JRX2

Built mostly from a bunch of new spares that came as a 'Lot' from a Dutch seller - I sourced the few missing parts to complete the build including a Mr Lexan shell & wing that I painted to depict the box art scheme that appears on the 'Proformance' update kit.

Car now fitted with yellow wheels that work better with the bodyshell colours

Revolution stock motor from NIP

JRX2 Runner

This car has been built using used parts from many different cars - most notably the chassis plate & gearbox housing were from the car that my good school friend John raced back in the late 80s at our local indoor off road club in Northants, UK - that car was the very first Losi that I ever saw & opened up my eyes to the brand & made me want to own my very own. It took until last Tuesday (19.03.13) before getting behind the sticks of this car to drive a JRX2 in anger!

More Losis are in the pipeline & will be added here as & when they are completed :wink:

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

SCHUMACHERS

CougarII Works - from fellow RC10Talk member BORMAC, I have recently given it a quick going over after a couple of the shocks started leaking.

Schumacher SST Axis - Ex team racer now built as a drifter;

Schumacher TopCat - Poorly built but un-used ebay 'special' re-built with a few choice new parts & chassis mirror polished, TBG repro body painted similar to Phil Davies' car from the 80s - original decals.

Schumacher's first ever R/C car kit - the 1/12th scale 'XL', the main feature of this rare pan car is the flexible lexan chassis which was designed to generate grip on the polished gym floors that the tracks tended to be laid on, before the widespead use of carpet. I plan to re-build & clean up this car (which is in great condition for its 30 odd years) & add a suitable era correct shell (TOJ?)

*Edit - XL added Added*