Kyosho Gold Shock Parts? Where to Find New Ball Links and new Collars?

The place for all things Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Snaab9-2
Approved Member

Kyosho Gold Shock Parts? Where to Find New Ball Links and new Collars?

Post by Snaab9-2 »

Hey guys, I have been a bit hard on my 60+ mph Kyosho Turbo Raider and I need some new parts for the gold shocks. I broke on of the links that screws the bottom of the shock to the suspension arm.

Does anyone know where I can find a new one? Might these work? https://kyoshoamerica.com/ot210bk.html Are there any better/cheaper options out there?

Also, I need a new collar that holds the spring at the right tension too. That kit above seems to have the part but I just wanted to confirm if that was my best option.

Thanks so much!

keyesgood
Approved Member

Re: Kyosho Gold Shock Parts? Where to Find New Ball Links and new Collars?

Post by keyesgood »

try

eBay ,

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

keyesgood wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:51 am try

eBay ,
That wasn't helpful. If you want to post something like that, how about including a link to an eBay item?

I personally replace the open-end ball-ends with 4.8mm ball studs and ball cups. I think they are more resistant to wear and tear and popping off than the larger 5.8mm OEM balls and ball-ends. I've used some similar to these, many brands make these in different lengths. They take 3mm threads.

https://www.amazon.com/Vgoohobby-Plastic-Compatible-3Racing-Sakura/dp/B0B15L2HFZ

Here is a 10-pack of 4.8mm ball studs; I've used colored aluminum ones from 3Racing in most of my builds:

https://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-Ball-Stud-4-8x12mm-10/dp/B003D3EY5I
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

HS-YZ250

Post by HS-YZ250 »

Snaab9-2 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:11 pm Hey guys, I have been a bit hard on my 60+ mph Kyosho Turbo Raider and I need some new parts for the gold shocks. I broke on of the links that screws the bottom of the shock to the suspension arm.

Does anyone know where I can find a new one? Might these work? https://kyoshoamerica.com/ot210bk.html Are there any better/cheaper options out there?

Also, I need a new collar that holds the spring at the right tension too. That kit above seems to have the part but I just wanted to confirm if that was my best option.

Thanks so much!
I'll have to check fit when I get home because I know the stock Rocky shocks are quite a bit different from the other more popular buggies. But, you may be able to get just the rod end from kyosho - https://www.amainhobbies.com/search?s=kyosho+5.8+ball+end

The shock hardware kit you linked (OT210BK, there is also an OT210R part number, for reference) is for Kyosho's Gold Shocks and I'm pretty sure the collars and spring cup won't work as replacements for the Rocky shock hardware.

*EDIT* You're asking about the Raider, and I'm not sure how similar those shocks are to the Rocky, but I presume closer than they are to the Gold
Losi LXT (JRX-T Conversion)
Losi JRX Pro SE
Kyosho Rocky
Parts-Car-to-Runner Kyosho Rocky
Yokomo YZ10 WCS '95 Pavidis
RJ Speed Spec10 "Chew Toy Mk1"
Redcat Lightning STK "Chew Toy Mk 2"
Kyosho Lazer ZX, ZX-R, ZX-RR

Snaab9-2
Approved Member

Post by Snaab9-2 »

Coelacanth wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:01 pm

eBay ,
That wasn't helpful. If you want to post something like that, how about including a link to an eBay item?

I personally replace the open-end ball-ends with 4.8mm ball studs and ball cups. I think they are more resistant to wear and tear and popping off as the larger 5.8mm OEM balls and ball-ends. I've used some similar to these, many brands make these in different lengths. They take 3mm threads.

https://www.amazon.com/Vgoohobby-Plastic-Compatible-3Racing-Sakura/dp/B0B15L2HFZ

Here is a 10-pack of 4.8mm ball studs; I've used colored aluminum ones from 3Racing in most of my builds:

https://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-Ball-Stud-4-8x12mm-10/dp/B003D3EY5I
Thank you, I really appreciate the information!

Snaab9-2
Approved Member

Post by Snaab9-2 »

HS-YZ250 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:10 am
Snaab9-2 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:11 pm Hey guys, I have been a bit hard on my 60+ mph Kyosho Turbo Raider and I need some new parts for the gold shocks. I broke on of the links that screws the bottom of the shock to the suspension arm.

Thanks so much!
I'll have to check fit when I get home because I know the stock Rocky shocks are quite a bit different from the other more popular buggies. But, you may be able to get just the rod end from kyosho - https://www.amainhobbies.com/search?s=kyosho+5.8+ball+end

The shock hardware kit you linked (OT210BK, there is also an OT210R part number, for reference) is for Kyosho's Gold Shocks and I'm pretty sure the collars and spring cup won't work as replacements for the Rocky shock hardware.

*EDIT* You're asking about the Raider, and I'm not sure how similar those shocks are to the Rocky, but I presume closer than they are to the Gold
I have Kyosho Gold shocks on my Raider because it is the Turbo Raider (it came with them). I saw those on Amain and they would be perfect if they fit and from your response and the previous one, I think they will. I was just nervous as they said they fit the Inferno and I wasn't sure if they shared the same size thread for the shocks.

Thank you!

Snaab9-2
Approved Member

Post by Snaab9-2 »

HS-YZ250 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:10 am

Thanks so much!

I have Kyosho Gold shocks on my Raider because it is the Turbo Raider (it came with them). I saw those on Amain and they would be perfect if they fit and from your response and the previous one, I think they will. I was just nervous as they said they fit the Inferno and I wasn't sure if they shared the same size thread for the shocks.

Thank you!

Snaab9-2
Approved Member

Post by Snaab9-2 »

eBay ,
:roll:

Retro rc
Approved Member

Post by Retro rc »

Yes the ot210bk work on the gold shocks

Ot210bk (bk for black)
Ot210r (R for red)

Replacement seals are org03bk

And diaphragms are w6006

At least that’s the part numbers I use to rebuild my golds
IMG_5866.jpeg