Things that irritate you

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

juicedcoupe

Things that irritate you

Post by juicedcoupe »

Things that irritate you. Post up.

I'll start.

I live in an area that already gets significantly more rain (+60%) than the national average. On top of that, we've been having record numbers lately (on top of an above average year).

So it hasn't rained in two days, the sun is out, there is only a 9% chance, and my yard desperately needs cutting. Before I even engage the blade, it starts raining. It's lite, so I keep going. It stops long enough for me to cut the side yard, and then the bottom falls out. 9%, my ass.

Ugh. I hate summer.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

romulus22

Re: Things that irritate you

Post by romulus22 »

Rarely am I “in a hurry”. But I’m a very impatient person. I get irritated by people who are just in the way, taking their sweet time with no regard to how slow they’re being or inconvenient they’re making everything for others around them.

coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

romulus22 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:14 pm Rarely am I “in a hurry”. But I’m a very impatient person. I get irritated by people who are just in the way, taking their sweet time with no regard to how slow they’re being or inconvenient they’re making everything for others around them.
Well said
Tap pic for clarity: Derek

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

Honestly… These days with society and everything else going on there isn’t much that doesn’t irritate me. I understand the guy in Falling Down more and more every day.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Am I supposed to respond to this daily? :?

Edit: I should answer. What has been grinding my gears lately is lack of spatial awareness by seemingly everyone. Whether driving, at the grocery store, or just walking down the sidewalk.

When driving, I have a general sense of where every other car is around me. Blue Accord 5 car-lengths behind in right lane, coming up on red F150 going too slow in left lane, etc. I have an idea of where everyone is, and I can be active and reactive based on what I am doing, and what I am seeing everyone else do. If I am looking to get into the passing lane to make a pass (novel idea), I know if there is a vehicle coming up in the passing lane at a speed faster than I am traveling, and instead of jumping in the passing lane because there is a gap there, I wait ten seconds and let the faster car pass, and then I get in the fast lane for my pass. And then when my pass is completed, I get out of the passing lane .................... even if I am still going faster than everyone else on the road. If I am not passing, and I can get out of the passing lane, I get out of the passing lane. People who sit in the far left lane simply because they feel they have the right to be there bother me more than any other type of person on a daily basis.

But the same lack of spatial awareness occurs in the stores also, and it kills me. People park their cart on one side of the aisle while they look at items on the other side of the aisle .................. you are taking up the whole aisle!! And then they look at you and see you are coming along with your cart, and they do nothing! Or most of the time they just don't see you coming, just not using the peripheral at all, just in their own world. I just don't get it. You exist in a world with LOADS of other people; stop wandering (or driving) around like it is only you out there!
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

Carelessness or people who are just oblivious to common sense. For example: Kids (especially 18 & 20 yr old kids) who open their mail at the end of the countertop, which is directly above a kitchen trash can, and always leave the opened envelope/packaging on the countertop. Which is DIRECTLY above the frickin trash can, if I haven't mentioned that yet.

That, and people who answer a yes or no question with some rambling nonsense explanation, which ends up not being an answer at all.
-Jerry-

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

morrisey0 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:27 pm Am I supposed to respond to this daily? :?
I plan on it :lol:. I find myself noticing new forms of stupid almost daily. Sometimes all it takes is a look out the window. And I live in a relatively nice, quiet neighborhood.
-Jerry-

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

morrisey0 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:27 pm Am I supposed to respond to this daily? :?
When at work, I could probably post hourly.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

MarkyDents
Approved Member

Post by MarkyDents »

Edit: I should answer. What has been grinding my gears lately is lack of spatial awareness by seemingly everyone. Whether driving, at the grocery store, or just walking down the sidewalk.

When driving, I have a general sense of where every other car is around me. Blue Accord 5 car-lengths behind in right lane, coming up on red F150 going too slow in left lane, etc. I have an idea of where everyone is, and I can be active and reactive based on what I am doing, and what I am seeing everyone else do. If I am looking to get into the passing lane to make a pass (novel idea), I know if there is a vehicle coming up in the passing lane at a speed faster than I am traveling, and instead of jumping in the passing lane because there is a gap there, I wait ten seconds and let the faster car pass, and then I get in the fast lane for my pass. And then when my pass is completed, I get out of the passing lane .................... even if I am still going faster than everyone else on the road. If I am not passing, and I can get out of the passing lane, I get out of the passing lane. People who sit in the far left lane simply because they feel they have the right to be there bother me more than any other type of person on a daily basis.

But the same lack of spatial awareness occurs in the stores also, and it kills me. People park their cart on one side of the aisle while they look at items on the other side of the aisle .................. you are taking up the whole aisle!! And then they look at you and see you are coming along with your cart, and they do nothing! Or most of the time they just don't see you coming, just not using the peripheral at all, just in their own world. I just don't get it. You exist in a world with LOADS of other people; stop wandering (or driving) around like it is only you out there!

Dude !! Get out of my head ! :lol:
Honestly no way I could have said all this better, thank you !
I’m on the road all week long 8-15 stops a day regularly depending on each places work load with what I do for a living and either it’s just me getting older or it really is getting worse out there with every passing year.

Oh and a little side note for the electric car manufacturers out there, they shouldn’t just be equipped with noise makers for safety but also those giant whip flags should pop out of their ass when the “driver” (term used lightly for most) let’s go of the long skinny pedal and their vehicle slows down like it just down shifted from 6th to 3rd ! (Manual trans)
This is especially more notable when your rolling in 10-20mph traffic btw. I’m sorry if ya got one but at the very least the taillights should flash or do something.
Who do you race for ?
Me……. I race for me.
That’s impossible, I was told you need a sponsor to race.
Hey Cru ! Go balls out 8)

EvolutionRevolution
Approved Member

Post by EvolutionRevolution »

GoMachV wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:25 pm Honestly… These days with society and everything else going on there isn’t much that doesn’t irritate me. I understand the guy in Falling Down more and more every day.
I took two (well three...but the third isn't relevant to this thread) lessons away from the Covid-lockdown period:
- I can be much less depressed than usual with a bit more quietness.
- A major driver for my depression unfortunately appears to be blatant expression of stupidity by others (who where not out on the street during the pseudo-lockdowns here).

Unfortunately, the second point became a cause of a major depressive episode once our government decided that "Covid was over!!133+!" (it isn't, but...the government is very much in line with the really stupid people), because it turned out that many people in this country really were as dumb as a door (actually, I suspect the door might be smarter...). There seems to be at least 20-40% of people here who would probably recommend drinking water laced with lead because it improves intelligence (as opposed to the scientific consensus of the opposite). The whole thing made me want to emigrate to some place that isn't trying to emulate Idiocracy (you know it's bad when parts of Florida look sane by comparison).

Also, the doctors that treat some of my coworkers (who quite obviously have Long Covid) by saying that "it's just a flu" and the symptoms "will go away"...when the people in question literally have recurring Covid symptoms all the time for the last year. I put that one under my almost daily "You went to university for this and you don't even have this very basic skill? How the F... did you ever get your title?"-irritation...

Hopefully not too political... :(

threesheds
Approved Member

Post by threesheds »

Jeez thought I was the only old codger on this site.
....people who don't clear up their dogs shite. People who hang dog shite in trees for the shite fairy. People who own the pavement/sidewalk (oblivious to everyone else) . People

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

Likewise 100%
-Jerry-

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

Arfers , people who only do half a job , the wife does gardening but leaves a pile of garden waste and the tools just laying there ......... FOREVER !!!!!!!! Bags of crap left laying about the house for months , I don't know what it is , if I bin it I'm in trouble but if I don't ask what it is it will stay there ...........FOREVER !!!!!!! half a job , really gets on my goat. :evil:
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

threesheds
Approved Member

Post by threesheds »

Rename this thread "group therapy"?? :shock: :idea: :?:

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

I've accepted it, but the loss of the green on my easement.

I have about 7' of now dirt that used to be lawn between my driveway and the street. People walking trampled the grass till it was a dirt path. Additionally people would park slightly on the lawn,there is no curb. This broke my sprinklers or worse the irrigation pipes. After the 6th repair my wife told me to let it go.

Now it's a dirt patch that people leave dog crap on.