Bored? Come To The Chit / Chat Thread

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

morrisey0

Bored? Come To The Chit / Chat Thread

Post by morrisey0 »

I know this forum has "chat room," but it seems relatively not used by most. Maybe many don't know how a chat room works, or really just don't want to enter a chat room.

So, how about a thread for bored people sitting around who want to talk about RC stuff? Or house painting stuff? Or whatever you want to talk about stuff? Just a thread of open conversation (and I hope NOT politics). Really, just random chat, but in forum thread form???

So yea, the wife is out doing her own thing tonight, and I have laid paint on a sledgehammer body, but am not getting into decals tonight, so that is where I am standing. What you doing? :D
Attachments
SH BUILD 25.jpg
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

morrisey0

Re: Bored? Come To The Chit / Chat Thread

Post by morrisey0 »

Oh, and I need mascot / logo ideas to put on my Sledgehammer body ...................... because honestly, I don't know WTF Traxxas was thinking when they came up with the attached. I honestly don't know what this is?!!?! When I research original and restored Sledgehammers, about 50% of the pics I see don't have this thing on the body, and I understand why. I am all about originality, but seriously, what is this?

So, I want to cut some vinyl or make a decal, or something on the bed of this truck that kinda stays true to the truck or the period, but has nothing to do with this.

I think a legit cut out of a sledgehammer would be better than this. It is just fawking creepy.
Attachments
SH BUILD 26.jpg
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

I think incorporating an homage to the Sledge Hammer TV show might be appropriate.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sledge_Hammer!
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

Half the members think that it's the search bar.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Frankentruck wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:09 pm I think incorporating an homage to the Sledge Hammer TV show might be appropriate.

When I first read this, Hunter popped in my mind! What a great show!

I don't remember much about the show Sledgehammer, but I do remember it. I think popping out a legit tv show decal is outside of my realm though. :D

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

Hunter was awesome too. He went through a lot of clunker cars.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Brought this to mind.
Attachments
e864ae89-0414-47a7-87df-15c1a85eef54_1.fcddf32388946e31f3be7e61f5fcafae.jpeg
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

The arcade version was so much better that the home version, but Spy Hunter was a great game.

BattleTrak
Approved Member

Post by BattleTrak »

Yeah Spy Hunter was a great game. I spent countless hours and quarters as a kid at the arcade on the weekends. Anyone try installing functional weapons on their RC cars? 😂
-Brad

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

BattleTrak wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:41 pm Yeah Spy Hunter was a great game. I spent countless hours and quarters as a kid at the arcade on the weekends. Anyone try installing functional weapons on their RC cars? 😂
No, but we once attempted to put Paragon motor booster in a small plastic bag and have a servo on a third channel armed with a pin to pop it as it ran to give it a "Turbo Boost". :lol: It failed... :? :lol:

Wait, it was Trinity Hole Shot! :lol:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

Frankentruck wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:09 pm I think incorporating an homage to the Sledge Hammer TV show might be appropriate.

That TV show was awesome. They were canceled before the end of the first season so in the first season finale they blew up all the characters. The finale got such good ratings the show was continued as prequels.

I loved that show as a kid. A .44 mag pistol graphic on an American flag graphic could be a good replacement.

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

BattleTrak wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:41 pm Yeah Spy Hunter was a great game. I spent countless hours and quarters as a kid at the arcade on the weekends. Anyone try installing functional weapons on their RC cars? 😂
Yeah Battle Bots was a great show. The 'Robots' are just rc cars.

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

BattleTrak wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:41 pm Anyone try installing functional weapons on their RC cars? 😂
Ever see a pan car with a hot modified in it? On neighborhood streets, that is a weapon.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

BattleTrak
Approved Member

Post by BattleTrak »

juicedcoupe wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:10 pm
BattleTrak wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:41 pm Anyone try installing functional weapons on their RC cars? 😂
Ever see a pan car with a hot modified in it? On neighborhood streets, that is a weapon.
True! I had the idea of lighting a smoke bomb with a rocket model squib but only ever had 2 channel radios.
JosephS wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:09 pm
Yeah Battle Bots was a great show. The 'Robots' are just rc cars.
BattleBots IS a great show... they just finished the newest season about a month ago.
-Brad

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

juicedcoupe wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:10 pm
Ankle breaker.