Kyosho Raider rebuild

The place for all things Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

nikoscfu

Re: Kyosho Raider rebuild

Post by nikoscfu »

ipenalosa wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:16 pm
ron wrote:Yeah thats the way to pop them out. I usually hit it with the side of a pliers. If you liver in between the the aluminum hex and wheel shaft mounting, you will be scratching and damaging the hex.

I have a turbo raider myself, not driven it though, have customized it with metal linkages, carbon fiber shock towers etc, got a brand new gold w-5061 drive shafts for $33 new off ebay too. Hey one question to all you guys there, are those gold shocks the turbo raider comes with, kyosho's or are they duratrax???? :? I have opened mine up and it has does not have 2 O-rings like the kyosho pressure gold shocks. mine had leaked, but I packed in a thin washer (0.4mm thickness) before the retainer clip to squeeze in the O-ring to better provide sealing.
Hello , i am restoring a Raider, and i have some questions....

You said that you install a w-5061 drive shafts, i have search in eBay, and i found it, but the length of this shafts is 92mm and the original is more or less 98, it was not a problem? after do that do you need to install another wheels? or another part?

W5061.JPG

i have in mind install a ball bearing differential, and put some strong cardan to more strong the transmission, because i remember that the original shaft and the differential was damaged some times.....

Thanks!
Did you install the ball bearing diff? do you have a part number or compatible model? thanks

ipenalosa

Re: Kyosho Raider rebuild

Post by ipenalosa »

nikoscfu wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:03 am
ipenalosa wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:16 pm
ron wrote:Yeah thats the way to pop them out. I usually hit it with the side of a pliers. If you liver in between the the aluminum hex and wheel shaft mounting, you will be scratching and damaging the hex.

I have a turbo raider myself, not driven it though, have customized it with metal linkages, carbon fiber shock towers etc, got a brand new gold w-5061 drive shafts for $33 new off ebay too. Hey one question to all you guys there, are those gold shocks the turbo raider comes with, kyosho's or are they duratrax???? :? I have opened mine up and it has does not have 2 O-rings like the kyosho pressure gold shocks. mine had leaked, but I packed in a thin washer (0.4mm thickness) before the retainer clip to squeeze in the O-ring to better provide sealing.
Hello , i am restoring a Raider, and i have some questions....

You said that you install a w-5061 drive shafts, i have search in eBay, and i found it, but the length of this shafts is 92mm and the original is more or less 98, it was not a problem? after do that do you need to install another wheels? or another part?

W5061.JPG

i have in mind install a ball bearing differential, and put some strong cardan to more strong the transmission, because i remember that the original shaft and the differential was damaged some times.....

Thanks!
Did you install the ball bearing diff? do you have a part number or compatible model? thanks
Yes i have installed, fits and works perfectly.

This is the one that i bought https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-thorp-dirt-burners-5200-1724346374

Try searching on google: RAIDER DIFFERENTIAL #5200 from THORP Dirt Burners