Next Re-Re - Sand Scorcher

The place for all things Tamiya.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Re: Next Re-Re - Sand Scorcher

Post by RETRO R/C »

Or - buy the buggy champ (prices will be gettng cheaper - especially after the announcement of the SS).

Keep the Buggy Champ shell for display (if you like off roaders like me anyway)

Cheers

Darryn
TO KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING - YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN
VENOM International | Factory Pilot - Team SCHUMACHER UK | J-Concepts USA | B-Fast Performance USA | Bugle Boy Racing | MAX Racing Products International

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

oh so many options. :lol:

i could shorten the wheelbase of a clod body and put that on it....... just to be different. or, make a longer chassis.

alright, now the gears are turning in my head. that wouldn't be a problem if i had a bottomless bank account. :P

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

Its all good mate - but if you want a buggy champ cheap - check out RC-Champ on the net - they are in Japan and ship to anywhere. EXTREMELY quick service and usually very competitive pricing.

If course if you are a tower member - buy the kit with a few other bits and bobs and you can save a TONNE on a Buggy Champ!! (75 dollars in fact on just the kit!!) And you would be buying form the US......

Makes sense - you know it does - go onnnnnnnnnn...pull the trigga !! :wink:

Cheers

Darryn
VENOM International | Factory Pilot - Team SCHUMACHER UK | J-Concepts USA | B-Fast Performance USA | Bugle Boy Racing | MAX Racing Products International

a01butal
Approved Member

Post by a01butal »

RETRO R/C wrote:Its all good mate - but if you want a buggy champ cheap - check out RC-Champ on the net - they are in Japan and ship to anywhere. EXTREMELY quick service and usually very competitive pricing.

If course if you are a tower member - buy the kit with a few other bits and bobs and you can save a TONNE on a Buggy Champ!! (75 dollars in fact on just the kit!!) And you would be buying form the US......

Makes sense - you know it does - go onnnnnnnnnn...pull the trigga !! :wink:

Cheers

Darryn
Towers current price is $319, I'm not sure where the $75 off comes into it. I'm defintely missing something here. Is the $75 off already taken off to get the price tp $319? I'm a member of the Super Saver club and I just did a test check out to see if there was an automatic further discount but they just discounted me the shipping. How are these guys going to get a bigger discount by being a member of the SS club (Sand Scorcher)? Sorry I'm probably missing something here and yes my wife heartily agrees on me missing something. :roll:

This is all very interesting!

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

Hmm, interesting.

I will do a check myself, as the current tower super saver membership is giving me 75 dollars off purchases over 300 and less than 399....perhaps the buggy champ is not part of that? You should be getting emails with the special codes?

Cheers

Darryn

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

Yep -definately getting the 75 dollars off.......

interesting.......

ahhhhh - just noticed that it is "special savings for international members".......guessing thats it!

Seems harsh that they dont give the people in their own country a break!! :roll:

Cheers

Darryn

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

Once a member, they will send you the coupon codes monthly. Of course, if you don't want to wait for the email use this in the check out section: 011X7
I don't know about $75 off, but this will work for $60 off any purchase above $299. Free shipping too.

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

Obviously international and in country deals are different then, just good business by them.

Either way - that is still a great buy - that would mean a Buggy Champ to a house in the US would only be 260 USD - very sweet deal.

Cheers

Darryn

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

One thing I have noticed about Tamiya and there kits, they don't leave them in production very long. My point, don't wait too long. I have waited in the past and it bits me. It seems just as soon as Tower lists something as discontinued prices on ebay shoot right up to stupid prices.
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

CNA75
Approved Member

Post by CNA75 »

mrlexan wrote:Pics of the SS (most of you TC members have seen these):

http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/showthread.php?t=257750
What I don't understand is why do Tamiya insist on producing the SS with a different bumper to that on the box? The one on the box is much cooler. I accept that the bumper which comes with the vehicle is perhaps more practical but then they should produce both if they insist on the maintaining the box art bumper....

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

RoI probably isn't there (Return on Investment) or they are just plain lazy. They are in biz to make money, not make all people happy.
www.gojammedia.com

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

Tower hasnt even listed it as coming. is their a release date yet?
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

toyowner

Post by toyowner »

:x I'm just flat out pissed that they did this. I have boxes of old cars now worthless and not even wanting to finish any of the now. Why not just do the Bruiser up like vintage and destroy the value on the two I have as well.

CNA75
Approved Member

Post by CNA75 »

toyowner wrote::x I'm just flat out pissed that they did this. I have boxes of old cars now worthless and not even wanting to finish any of the now. Why not just do the Bruiser up like vintage and destroy the value on the two I have as well.
I have a certain sympathy for you as (presumably?) a collector of these original kits. Particularly, given the prices that they have been going for.

However, the flip side is that the masses now have the opportunity to own one at what is a much more affordable price - I missed the boat on these back in the day, and I certainly don't have a couple of grand lying around to buy one of the original ones.

One man's problem is another man's solution......

That said, to the hardened collectors nothing will ever replace the original kits so once the smoke clears I think the value of the items you have will hold (to a large extent) - it will just be with respect to a smaller market.

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

toyowner wrote::x I'm just flat out pissed that they did this. I have boxes of old cars now worthless and not even wanting to finish any of the now. Why not just do the Bruiser up like vintage and destroy the value on the two I have as well.
This is a hobby, not the stock market. Relying on a hobby to be your stock market isn't a good investment, in my opinion. When you really break it down, they are simply just toys.
www.gojammedia.com