So what did you get in the post today ???

When it's R/C related, but doesn't fit anyplace else.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GoMachV

Re: So what did you get in the post today ???

Post by GoMachV »

Jason is a great guy, well known around these parts but doesn’t frequent the boards here like the old days. Can’t wait to see the midships! I have a Pegasus/Exceed stuffed away but I always preferred the cage look.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

silvertriple wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:19 pm
silvertriple wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:42 am Last, I got advised by a cool Australian guy that I have a package to fetch somewhere nearby... He told me : it's going to be amazing or a nightmare. I'll fetch that at the end of my day, check the content and report the long story if it is what I hope it is :-)
First it is A M A Z I N G ! :D
I still have no words for what is happening right now. And I need to tell the long story, as it is part of what came as a result of the Nichimo Spirit FF project for me.

Few weeks back, an Australian guy mentioned he was searching rear arms for a Nichimo FF car in one comment of my posts on Facebook. I had the link as I had a set in my ebay watch list (for no reason as the intention was to get them printed anyway), so I gave him the link... Discussing with another friend I discovered this guy was behind a Youtube channel (TRUE VINTAGE RC, https://www.youtube.com/user/Bormac073), and looking at few videos, I found them quite interesting and detailed, so I subscribed...

Few weeks later (it was about 3 or 4 weeks ago), my Nichimo Spirit FF was printed and built. And that week, that same guy, Jason, alias Bormac, posted he needed parts as he received an incomplete kit from Europe. Among the missing part, there was some which I could help with my own now unused parts as replaced by 3D printed ones, and the broken chassis I thought myself I could not do anything with it. Jason told me he would get the buyer to pay for the shipment, and I told ok, and on the next day, the parts were going to Australia (and if I can see a nice video on those cars, that will be a nice bonus already).

2 weeks ago, I was in the car sitting doing nothing as one of my colleagues was driving while we went back from a 3 day trip for business... And Jason contacted me as he found a car in France on ebay, but the seller would not ship to Australia... He asked me if I can help again. I said why not. Jason knew from the discussions we had earlier that I would be interested to model that car as well, and he proposed me not only to get the car going to me, but to allow me to tear it down to parts, get it in CAD and then send the package to him... I was finding this a bit crazy, a lot of gamble (specially with a seller who got only to feedbacks on ebay), but that was Jason gamble... On the next days, I helped him a bit with the translation, gave him my full details so he can eventually get it send to me, but I was kind of thinking that story could turn in a nightmare as well...

This morning I got advised (I had the tracking link so I knew it was incoming) that I had to get the parcel from the destination point (a relay nearby). Jason told me "it's going to be amazing or a nightmare".

Here is what was in the package:

A Nichimo RC Midships 443 WDS. So it is definitely amazing :-)
Some parts are common with the FF cars, and I'll start to model it soon :D

This is typically the kind of things that tells me that putting the stls on Thingiverse for the Spirit FF was a good thing. I have the authorization from this car owner to do a proper thread, and I'll start that as soon as I start to tear the car down to parts...
Very very cool , your perfect to make it immortal , can't wait .
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

I got a few more I wanted, and a few more I didn't plus a 2nd lathe. Probably a few more items in here to add to my garage sale.
PXL_20220512_164909667~2.jpg
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Bitd I would take my one extra motor to the track in a sock. White cotton.
Hope you're doin' something fun.

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

BITD I would cut the end off a white cotton sock and use it for an endbell dust filter.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

Got a BRP motor dyno, complete with box, instructions, and data sheets.

Also came with Nexus Street Fighter and Trinity T-Tech (wind unknown) motors.
Screenshot_20220513-131314_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220513-131341_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220513-131404_Gallery.jpg
To avoid dragging my Fluke back and forth, I bought a cheaper Kobalt DVM to keep inside.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

TheDiamondOne
Approved Member

Post by TheDiamondOne »

Gonna need a full write up on this machine. So classic!
David, The artist formerly known as coxbros

coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

Awesome on the Buds Dyno!, will u test it and let us know what it shows....me a d David had one in 89' but couldn't ever figure it out, we weren't too bright back then...borderline goobs!
Tap pic for clarity: Derek

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

TheDiamondOne wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:27 pm Gonna need a full write up on this machine. So classic!
coxbros1 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:28 pm Awesome on the Buds Dyno!, will u test it and let us know what it shows....me a d David had one in 89' but couldn't ever figure it out, we weren't too bright back then...borderline goobs!
Probably going to be a week or so before I have time.

I just finished fixing a couple of stripped holes in the motor pod.

I also borrowed a page from the Tekin dyno instructions and built a dedicated slave motor. It's a 27T, 0° motor. It has full brushes and medium springs.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

No hurry, just as long as it happens! I saw the completed listing, I am truly jealous
Tap pic for clarity: Derek

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Great RC day! 1/2 USPS, 1/2 local pickup. Shocks for the Sledgehammer, RC10, TRX-10, couple of radios.
Attachments
mail haul 5-16-22.jpg
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

That RC10 had some carefully installed electronics. 🤣

Looks like a good haul. 👍

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Frankentruck wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:33 pm That RC10 had some carefully installed electronics. 🤣
It gets a little worse! For some reason, the 410 is plugged into the RX, but the motor is plugged into, what appears to be, some sort of homemade ESC creation??? :mrgreen:

It doesn't matter as it has been quite a while since I have bought a RC10 because ANY condition RC10 is $300+ around here these days! :roll: The prices started to drop post lock-down, but they are holding on high, or going higher, for some reason. I used to be able to search enough to find the deals pretty frequently, but it has dried up recently. I have never paid more than $150 for a RC10 (save my almost NIB rere), and I just can't see myself starting now. I paid $100 for this example plus the radios / electronics (he wanted $75), and it regained my faith that the deals are still out there ................ just spread out a lot further. And I have been hyped about building a RC10 MT conversion lately, so getting a cheap donor is a super plus right now! :D
Attachments
mail haul B 5-16-22.jpg
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

That Bullet has a sweet transmission!

Bulliraditt 2?
Hope you're doin' something fun.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

morrisey0 wrote: It gets a little worse! For some reason, the 410 is plugged into the RX, but the motor is plugged into, what appears to be, some sort of homemade ESC creation???
Looks like an aircraft on-off speed control. The push button next to the switch “arms” the relay so you don’t take off fingers with the prop. It supplies the receiver with power but doesn’t take up a channel. Just runs the motor till the battery is dead and leaves enough power to glide in
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website