PB cars - A bit on the odd side

The place for all things PB.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GJW
Approved Member

Re: PB cars - A bit on the odd side

Post by GJW »

always wanted a mini mustang, auction looks ok too :) the ace is one hard to find buggy.

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

Lowgear wrote:Someone should send this seller an offer as they don't seem to have a grasp of the English language or what they're selling is: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Kyosho-Byggy-/260848899393
Obviously someone gave him an offer hi could refuse because it’s gone from eBay :shock:
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

Hcp22 wrote:
Lowgear wrote:Someone should send this seller an offer as they don't seem to have a grasp of the English language or what they're selling is: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Kyosho-Byggy-/260848899393
Obviously someone gave him an offer hi could refuse because it’s gone from eBay :shock:
Ok, here's a weird twist to this story. :? I was browsing ebay the other day and came upon an auction for this car. At the time I could not for the life of me remember where I'd seen it before, but I placed a bid and waited to see what happened. Ironically after pulling up this thread I saw the link to the old auction that was pulled above. I bid on this car because the silver body looked decent and a whole lot prettier than the "mustard and greens" one I already had, as well as the possibility of it being a two speed. At any rate the seller relisted it, sadly without the spare parts except for two full sets of NIB Dynamite Racing tires. Happily, I won the auction and the car arrived today. It's actually in great shape, a bit dirty but nothing broken. The silver body is not as nice as I had hoped but still fairly decent. The other one is runner quality. There are some long posts coming off the bottom front a-arms, evidently to prevent oversteer :?: and a homemde front bumper. There are a few small parts that I will harvest for my new built car to make it 100 pecent original. I'll be using a pair of new front tires on that car as well. As you can see I already installed a full set on this car. :D
Oh...and it's not a 2 speed. :(
Attachments
mini-DSC01990.JPG
mini-DSC01989.JPG
mini-DSC01988.JPG
mini-DSC01987.JPG
mini-DSC01986.JPG
mini-DSC01985.JPG
mini-DSC01984.JPG
mini-DSC01983.JPG
Gary

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

Was wondering where / who that went to......

Those "long posts" on the front arms are steering lock limiters, designed to stop you steering too much and popping out your driveshafts....

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

GJW
Approved Member

Post by GJW »

friggen nice, thought you might have won that auction :wink:

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

Incredible_Serious wrote:Was wondering where / who that went to......

Those "long posts" on the front arms are steering lock limiters, designed to stop you steering too much and popping out your driveshafts....

Alex
Thanks Alex. Those are not present on my other car and there are no provisions for them. Interesting. Mr. Observant here just realized this car is a four wheel drive. :oops:
Gary

Mad Racer
Approved Member

Post by Mad Racer »

Very cool.

That silver body with black looks great.

I do love the look of these. Must do up a better shell.

I will never know why these never took of really well as they were a awesome buggy in their day. Designed with Schumacher/PB had all the right engineering behind it.

Funny my mate bought a buggy of e bay not so long ago and i was told in the box was a bumper that he thought was from a P.B. He said i could have it. Well it turned out to be a mini mustang bumper. I think are very hard to find.???

Cheers
Vintage . Older is Better !!!!!!! Vintage At Boondal, Australia.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing/548133-off-road-vintage-boondal.html

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

Nice pick up! I think you have more PB stuff than me and Alex put together- LOL!

Do you intend to drive any of yours? I'm very happy with my PB's and have found with a few mods they tend to work quite well. Even the genuine dampers work very very well. Ultra smooth when built well.
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

My collection-http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=10980

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

J.M. wrote:Nice pick up! I think you have more PB stuff than me and Alex put together- LOL!
That's a big call, Magoo.....
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

Mad Racer wrote:Very cool.

That silver body with black looks great.

I do love the look of these. Must do up a better shell.

I will never know why these never took of really well as they were a awesome buggy in their day. Designed with Schumacher/PB had all the right engineering behind it.

Funny my mate bought a buggy of e bay not so long ago and i was told in the box was a bumper that he thought was from a P.B. He said i could have it. Well it turned out to be a mini mustang bumper. I think are very hard to find.???

Cheers
Thank you Mark. The look of that shell is what first made me want a Mini Mustang. They look so aggressive. I put some polish on that body after I took those pictures and it turned out quite nicely. I think with some judicious trimming it will be a nice shell for running or shelf duty. The paint work is actually pretty good. The other has nice paint too, it's too bad it has been banged up so much. And yes, the bumpers are very hard to find here in the US along with any other PB parts. :wink:
Gary

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

J.M. wrote:Nice pick up! I think you have more PB stuff than me and Alex put together- LOL!
HAHAHA! Since all of my cars are in this thread (3) I think it's safe to say that this is a bit of a exaggeration. :lol: :lol:
J.M. wrote:Do you intend to drive any of yours? I'm very happy with my PB's and have found with a few mods they tend to work quite well. Even the genuine dampers work very very well. Ultra smooth when built well.
Yes Jason, I do intend to drive almost all of my cars at some point, the new built cars being the exception. I will be driving very carefully when it comes to these however, they are really not easily (or cheaply) replacable. Being inherently lazy and having too many hobbies makes the schedule for that a little soft, though. :lol:
The shocks do feel very smooth on this car. They don't have the bling of anodized aluminum but they have held up well.
Gary

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

Gary I have found these cars to be quite forgiving. The plastics tend to be a little more flexible than you'd imagine so there is little that will stop you from enjoying a good time with these cars.

I've made a few personal modifications to my cars that I have found help the car along should you want to set any of these cars down on a 'vintage friendly' race track. I'm more than happy to pass on what I know on more of this stuff.
Cheers-Jason
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

My collection-http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=10980

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

Nice car, I built one to my son 23 years ago. :D
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback