CALLING ALL EDINGER EDTION RC10 CARS ONLY PICS/INFO

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

albert

Re: CALLING ALL EDINGER EDTION RC10 CARS ONLY PICS/INFO

Post by albert »

greene-r74 wrote:I have a question. What are the 7 rib "Made in Italy" tires? Were they associated kit tires or aftermarket CRP or some other brand?
Huh that's odd because I have two edingers and one has the A stamp on the bottom and the other on top.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

There were quite a few variations in that car 8)

albert

Post by albert »

mikenice wrote:THIS POST IS FOR EDINGER RC10'S ONLY. would like to see how many of us on here own this rare peice of r/c history :) well first off i bought mine off ebay around 10 years ago knowing nothing about edinger at all, all i knew was i have always wanted one since they were just a really cool looking car plus the old ads i would see as a kid kinda helped a bit also lol. the only reason i bought this one was it was cheap, ready to run and looked pretty clean in the pics. when i bought it, it was missing the org body and wing prob helped with the price :) now thanks to SCR8P for pointing me in the right direction on this great site i just found out like 3 days ago i own a early edinger edtion rc10 with the BOTTOM A STAMP. now besides it not having the orginal body and wing it is pretty much all orginal and correct. well opened up one shock doesnt have the notch piston :(
can you please let me know if the tires on my rc10 original? Thanks.
Attachments
Hello I would see if you know why the tires on my Edinger rc10 have no names on them but look very original.
Hello I would see if you know why the tires on my Edinger rc10 have no names on them but look very original.

albert

Post by albert »

albert wrote:
mikenice wrote:THIS POST IS FOR EDINGER RC10'S ONLY. would like to see how many of us on here own this rare peice of r/c history :) well first off i bought mine off ebay around 10 years ago knowing nothing about edinger at all, all i knew was i have always wanted one since they were just a really cool looking car plus the old ads i would see as a kid kinda helped a bit also lol. the only reason i bought this one was it was cheap, ready to run and looked pretty clean in the pics. when i bought it, it was missing the org body and wing prob helped with the price :) now thanks to SCR8P for pointing me in the right direction on this great site i just found out like 3 days ago i own a early edinger edtion rc10 with the BOTTOM A STAMP. now besides it not having the orginal body and wing it is pretty much all orginal and correct. well opened up one shock doesnt have the notch piston :(
can you please let me know if the tires on my rc10 original? Thanks.
Attachments
IMAG0154.jpg

greene-r74
Approved Member

Post by greene-r74 »

No Goodyear logos but I do see the mold line. That's the same ones I have. Not sure which ones were earlier. The Goodyear's are more desirable and I think they are the earliest ones.

albert

Post by albert »

greene-r74 wrote:No Goodyear logos but I do see the mold line. That's the same ones I have. Not sure which ones were earlier. The Goodyear's are more desirable and I think they are the earliest ones.
Cool and also these tires are a lot thinner than the associated printed ones. I wonder if the Goodyear ones are thin too. I have a box that has the orrca on the front but it is a Cadillac box.

albert

Post by albert »

albert wrote:
greene-r74 wrote:No Goodyear logos but I do see the mold line. That's the same ones I have. Not sure which ones were earlier. The Goodyear's are more desirable and I think they are the earliest ones.
Cool and also these tires are a lot thinner than the associated printed ones. I wonder if the Goodyear ones are thin too. I have a box that has the orrca on the front but it is a Cadillac box.
Attachments
IMAG0156.jpg

albert

Post by albert »

albert wrote:
albert wrote:
Attachments
IMAG0157.jpg

greene-r74
Approved Member

Post by greene-r74 »

Yeah the goodyear's are thin too. They usually crack of tear.

greene-r74
Approved Member

Post by greene-r74 »

That looks like the wrong box for a car with those tires. Could you post a pic of the full car?

albert

Post by albert »

greene-r74 wrote:That looks like the wrong box for a car with those tires. Could you post a pic of the full car?
Oh that box was to my other light gold car. Here are the pics of the Edinger.
Attachments
IMAG0159.jpg

albert

Post by albert »

albert wrote:
greene-r74 wrote:That looks like the wrong box for a car with those tires. Could you post a pic of the full car?
Attachments
IMAG0158.jpg

albert

Post by albert »

albert wrote:
albert wrote:
Attachments
IMAG0160.jpg

greene-r74
Approved Member

Post by greene-r74 »

Looks like a nice early mid/car

albert

Post by albert »

Ruffy wrote:There are tons of the A-stamp Edingers around, I myself have 11 of them including 2 new in box still unassembled. I fear you are going to have quite a few posts here.
I would rather like to see a post to see how many have the rare "No stamp chassis and early lower rear shock collars, original fiberglass battery straps, dual-clip transmissions, hard clear gear cover, notched pistons, etc..." of the earliest 1st Edinger RC10's like the "Curtis Edinger" in my signature below, named after Curtis Husting since he hand painted the body way back then in 1984-85. These are quite a bit rarer to see!
:D

I think there are 4 or 5 of them here on these forums.
I have an Edinger rc10 with two A stamps on it. And I have a light gold pan that is in a Cadillac box but has the orrca logo on it. Pretty confusing.