Currently Playing

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

JK Racing

Re: Currently Playing

Post by JK Racing »

RC10th wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:57 am The other more concerning thing is when my wife looks up something on her phone and it then pops up on my phone :shock: :shock:
That's an old trick I use - when I want something, I search for it on my wife's phone - then all her ads are driven toward my search...Skynet is getting smarter...
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

nitrous36
Approved Member

Post by nitrous36 »

JK Racing wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:27 pm
RC10th wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:57 am The other more concerning thing is when my wife looks up something on her phone and it then pops up on my phone :shock: :shock:
That's an old trick I use - when I want something, I search for it on my wife's phone - then all her ads are driven toward my search...Skynet is getting smarter...
This. You have to be careful what you browse or search from your phone when on other peoples networks. I was rebuilding a mustang a few years ago and searching Mach1 parts from my phone. I used my aunts wifi while doing this. My brother later told me that ads for Mach1 and general mustang parts started appearing on their phones and computers hahaha.

We thought it was funny but I could only imagine what if I was looking at pron. :lol:

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

"Gouge Away" has been stuck in my head for the past 2-3 days. I think I have listened to it probably 30+ times in that timeframe. It's weird; it is pumping me up when I need a lift, calming me down when I have to deal with idiots, and overall just putting me in a good overall mood. I wish the song was a couple minutes longer, and I wish I had a stack of 100 just like it! :mrgreen: I was never a huge Pixies fan, but I do think Frank Black was a musical prodigy; just not much my style for the most part. On his own, "Hang On To Your Ego" is a great go-to song also.

I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

I heard my daughter mention the name Oliver today and this popped in my head...

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

I heard this on the radio today. It is one I'd actually kind of forgotten. Even better with video IMO. :mrgreen:

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

I have always had a fascination with Rock covers of songs - this band does not disappoint, and they cover a lot of songs.

--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

I can dig it Joey. Out of the clear blue I made a reference to this song in a group text today that pissed off a few of my friends because they had purposely forgotten it years ago. :lol: :mrgreen: I distinctly remember it blaring from my sister's bedroom for a bit BITD. :| On the bright side, I played it for the ol' lady earlier and I think I laid the groundwork... :mrgreen:

Ken

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

I figure I owe everyone an apology for that last post, so this may get that horror show out of your head. Or not...

Ken

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

I listened to the full studio version of this on the way home from work today after a heck of a week. :lol: I prefer the studio version, but the live version is much more interesting to watch. I find it very relaxing. Love the guitar work.

Ken

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:25 pm I listened to the full studio version of this on the way home from work today after a heck of a week. :lol: I prefer the studio version, but the live version is much more interesting to watch. I find it very relaxing. Love the guitar work.

I have that CD somewhere.... been a while since I threw a bit of GT on the player. 8)
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:25 pm I listened to the full studio version of this on the way home from work today after a heck of a week. :lol: I prefer the studio version, but the live version is much more interesting to watch. I find it very relaxing. Love the guitar work.

Watched this exact video a month or so back. The studio version is preferred, but there's always something interesting about live version. Just getting back home from a week on the road, this video hit the spot. Thanks a ton for posting Ken.

"Thursday night jamboree and hoot-n-annie". That's it...that hit the spot...lol
-Jerry-

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Happy Halloween all! :mrgreen:

Ken

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Easily in the top 5 Christmas songs. :D

Ken

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:58 pm Easily in the top 5 Christmas songs. :D

I challenge anyone to listen to this whole 2:26 song, and NOT have it stuck in your head for hours later.

Thanks Thumbs, I owe you for that..... Merry Christmas my butt-hole. :shock:

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

Incredible_Serious wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:24 am
I challenge anyone to listen to this whole 2:26 song, and NOT have it stuck in your head for hours later.

Thanks Thumbs, I owe you for that..... Merry Christmas my butt-hole. :shock:

Alex
Haha... I stopped at 00:18 seconds because I was afraid of exactly that.
-Jerry-