The worst wreck

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

SFC K
Approved Member

Re: The worst wreck

Post by SFC K »

badhoopty wrote:
flipwils11 wrote:Hey now BMW haters, lets judge the douche driver and not the car. Remember 4 out of 4 vehicles in my household have the Roundel on the hood. :mrgreen:

do you know the difference between a bmw and a porcupine?
:mrgreen:

Sorry Adam but that made me laugh... :lol:
Jeff

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

Yep I'm a prick, but hard not to be when your driving something superior to most other vehicles on the road. :P

Back on topic, I remember as a kid demonstrating my driving prowess (ha!) for some neighborhood kids and somehow went into the dumpster at the end of our apt complex at full speed with the rc10. Amazingly it wedged under a corner where the pavement was uneven and there was a gap of a few inches under the dumpster. The front fiberglass shock tower broke and I think a shock shaft was bent on one side. And my ego in front of the the other kids was bruised. :oops:

lpddpd
Approved Member

Post by lpddpd »

I had just installed a Novak XRS into a TC and was testing it in the back yard. Had it off the ground to make sure I was getting good throttle, brake and then reverse. Put it on the ground for some slow testing and the radio glitched and it started heading full throttle towards the fence, tried braking and didn't get much of anything so I tried again but that put it into full reverse and of course my fingers just instinctively stayed like that because I was used to forward only ESC's and it backed its way into the deep end of the pool. :roll:

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

a1vintage 021.JPG
a1vintage 022.jpg
I was running my Nitro EDM at a local high bite dirt oval during a test n tune with some team members, car was singing coming off the corner after a pass and the Novarossi 353 motor pushed me a bit high in the straight, just to the pipe- no biggie. Someone had bound the pipe to the fencing with industrial zip ties, and failed to tighten one- leaving a loop you could fit your fist through, or say....your right front wheel.
Car went from 35-45 mph to zero in 1 foot. Destroyed the prototype 2.25mm chassis, delrin bulkhead and brace, bent the machined kick-up, ruptured the fuel tank and destroyed one wheel. Not a good day

slapshot1979
Approved Member

Post by slapshot1979 »

few months ago had my xx runner out for a spin after realizing I had diff in backwards last fall. burning laps around my court, car lost signal from CRAP CC BEC in ESC and did a full speed head-on into curb. car magically became 2 cars... DOH
Sleeps with a night light on, not because he's scared of the dark but because the dark is scared of him...........stay thirsty my friends

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

i snapped a turnbuckle once....

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

scr8p wrote:i snapped a turnbuckle once....
cause' you didn't install Titanium ones :lol:

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Wait, so you guys run your cars? I had one fall off a shelf once....

It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

gomachv wrote:Wait, so you guys run your cars? I had one fall off a shelf once....

That sucks... I almost knocked my blue powdercoated build and my yellow powdercoated build off the table at the same time. I almost pooped.

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

winter 1986, grasshopper with skis up front, dualies out back, "d" size model rocket engine = pure destruction.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Charlie don't surf wrote: That sucks... I almost knocked my blue powdercoated build and my yellow powdercoated build off the table at the same time. I almost pooped.
:lol:

I have had some good hits, don't let me being a shelf guy now fool ya. I have perfected the runaway, on everything from a rc250 to a nitro mini rs4 to a traxxas monster buggy. No huge amounts of damage but I promptly sold the monster buggy, that was scary and I wasn't going to buy an expensive radio bitd
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Charlie don't surf wrote:
scr8p wrote:i snapped a turnbuckle once....
cause' you didn't install Titanium ones :lol:
titanium shmanium....... you guys and your fancy parts. :roll:

the only reason it broke was because i had already bent it, and bent it back straight like 10 times. it was gonna happen eventually. and when it did finally break, what did i replace it with? that's right, a piece of threaded rod. :lol: :lol: broke it in practice before the mains and had to fix it quick. it's all i had in my toolbox. but even after the race i never changed it. that rod is still on the car 15 years later. :mrgreen:

DMAT
Approved Member

Post by DMAT »

ive lost count of the number of axles ive sheared. I did it once to my rc10 when i hit a sign post and it just cut the wheel and it rolled for a good 50 feet before stopping.

teman
Approved Member

Post by teman »

I was about 12 and had the blackfoot doing speed runs in the street. Back then we used receiver packs to get the most out of our 1200 6-cells. Usually you can feel the voltage loss in the steering, however this occasion I didn't notice it before it was too late :oops: I lost radio at WOT and head-on into a curb which on impact completely broke the chassis in 1/2 :roll: I was upset to say the least and I knew no glue would fix that. I tried all kinds of things anyway to no avail. The LHS had a replacement chassis, but was so expensive I might as well just buy another kit. I thought about it for a week or so and my love for Tamiya shifted more towards hate :lol: It wasn't long after that when I defected to Associated 12th cars leaving my old broken blackfoot in a box in the basement never to be driven again. Looking back on it now I'm actually glad I broke it, since I probably wouldn't changed brands or ever had the opportunity to drive my beloved 12 that I still have and drive on random occasions :mrgreen:
-Kevin

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

[youtube]8-Pdlxd_rro[/youtube]