Dumping your vintage r/c collection.

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Re: Dumping your vintage r/c collection.

Post by MelvinsArmy »

N2Deep wrote:If anyone is keeping an eye out for the public's interest (I hope you are reading this Melvin's Army) there is the Wiki leak that just showed how a lot of black ops are used to determine world governance and it's dark agendas. The site was under attack and was down all day today but not before much of the information was retrieved and copies made to news companies throughout the world. Just google "wiki leak". There is more out there then just our hobby here. Everyone in here knows how much they love this site and how much information is traveling from one member to the other and everyone here would much like for this site to grow and be abundant. Your dignity, humanity and your freedom may be at stake here.
You don't need wikileak to know how governments work to undermine each other. Noam Chomsky has been writing about it for years. This leaking of classified documents sounds like treason to me.

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

[quote="MelvinsArmy] This leaking of classified documents sounds like treason to me.[/quote]

Without a way to substantiate the information purported on wikileaks, some of it comes off as slander

N2Deep
Approved Member

Post by N2Deep »

I guess you guys MAYBE right. But shouldn't the U.S. stay out of the Korean conflict? We have no business there, except to engage in other people's business and to kill them with our high tech weapons. Is that how we work now a days....? Or is the U.S. there to provoke World War 3 with China? Wish the U.S. would just stay in our hemisphere and mind there own bizz wax.

shane
Approved Member

Post by shane »

I bet the nazis wished the U.S. would have minded its own bizz.

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

N2Deep wrote:I guess you guys MAYBE right. But shouldn't the U.S. stay out of the Korean conflict? We have no business there, except to engage in other people's business and to kill them with our high tech weapons. Is that how we work now a days....? Or is the U.S. there to provoke World War 3 with China? Wish the U.S. would just stay in our hemisphere and mind there own bizz wax.
When have we ever minded our own business? What business did we have in Korea the first time around?

I'm pretty confident the last thing the US wants to do is provoke a war with China. I'm also pretty confident that the last thing China wants to do is go to war with the US. I don't see WW3 ever happening, especially if it pits the US vs China.

N2Deep
Approved Member

Post by N2Deep »

Let's have a theoretical question here. Who do you think is gonna win if it was down to U.S. vrs China? What's your take on this scenario? After all, U.S. is known for being the only country dropping atomic weapons and using chemical warfare (Agent Orange). After all, you don't have nuclear weapons for nothing and you don't have 1 billion soldiers for nothing. It is inevitable, no?

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Just because two sides have massive military might doesn't make war inevitable. We never fought the Soviets. The whole Mutually Assured Destruction thing. Nobody wins if everybody is dead. The theory behind having nuclear weapons is the similar to the theory behind a "Beware of Dog" sign. It's a deterrent. There won't be a war of China vs US. The military might isn't even a consideration, both sides have way too much at stake monetarily. What motivation does either have to provoke a war with the other? None. No good could come from it. We're not interested in overthrowing their government, occupying their land or taking their resources. They're not interested in that with us either. We've got a pretty good thing going and both sides know it.

We're not the only country known for using chemical weapons.

AscotConversion
Approved Member

Post by AscotConversion »

BEST THREAD EVA!!!!

Seriously, I wondered how you could get 10 pages out of dumping an r/c collection...now I know :shock:

N2Deep
Approved Member

Post by N2Deep »

Okay, about February of next year(2011), I'm going to dump my collection if I don't have food on the table. I already have some people contacting me for first and second dibs....anyone for third? I figured if I was going to move...I may not be able to bring it with me. My collection is quite huge, got about 60 fully assembled cars in excellent to mint condition....Mostly Tamiya, Kyosho, Yokes, some Losi and the few cars that Associated released. Enough parts to actually be a small hobby shop...and oodles of tools and electronics.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

So the BST rules don't apply to you or?

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

Charlie don't surf wrote:So the BST rules don't apply to you or?
LOOK OUT!!! Charlie don't surf works for THEM!!!!!
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

N2Deep
Approved Member

Post by N2Deep »

everyone must follow the rules. if a post is deemed inappropriate or outside the rules, it could be removed by an admin. in this case, I was not selling anything. I am merely answering my intentions for new year if you didn't read it careful enough. getting dibs is not seliing....selling would imply that I have something to sell and a possible buyer could purchase my item and there could be some monetary transaction. Getting dibs is not selling, getting dibs is simply raising your hands to maybe inquire what are some of the things which I may have for sale in the future....and I think I answered that in my post. If any admin feel that my posts are inappropriate, they are given the authority to move it to where they deem fit or they can also contact me to see what the intentions are. Are you an admin? not that your friends are but are you.

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

N2Deep wrote:everyone must follow the rules. if a post is deemed inappropriate or outside the rules, it could be removed by an admin. in this case, I was not selling anything. I am merely answering my intentions for new year if you didn't read it careful enough. getting dibs is not seliing....selling would imply that I have something to sell and a possible buyer could purchase my item and there could be some monetary transaction. Getting dibs is not selling, getting dibs is simply raising your hands to maybe inquire what are some of the things which I may have for sale in the future....and I think I answered that in my post. If any admin feel that my posts are inappropriate, they are given the authority to move it to where they deem fit or they can also contact me to see what the intentions are. Are you an admin? not that your friends are but are you.
Actually, dibs is selling. If there is nothing up on the block, there can be no dibs.

Per the Merriam-Webster dictionary:

Definition of DIBS
1. slang: money especially in small amounts
2. claim, rights: <I have dibs on that piece of cake>

RC10resto

Post by RC10resto »

This was supposed to post before "melvins" last post :wink:

[youtube]n7zfnbdyAW8[/youtube]

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

RC10resto wrote:This was supposed to post before "melvins" last post :wink:

[youtube]n7zfnbdyAW8[/youtube]
Classic! Good call!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: