Scans Request- Chassis Pics

The place to request any scanned items you may need.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

MOmo
Approved Member

Scans Request- Chassis Pics

Post by MOmo »

Alright, im going out on a limb here, and probably going to get beat for this but here goes.

As Im going through the various pages of RC10s, Im getting more and more drawn to the COMPOSITE CRAFT Rc10 and 10T chassis'. I know these chassis' are pretty hard to come by, but i wondered if there was anyone out there who still had one NIP that would be willing to trace the chassis outline and mark the holes for me on a piece of paper
Actually, any of those types of chassis' would be cool. I haven't looked thoroughly, but have we created a thread for the various "Chassis'" other than the different Aluminum "tub" chassis'?

I have access to various materials, one being CF. My thought was to make my own 1-off Composite craft chassis using CF or pershaps even fiberglass. I wouldn't make mult. ones unless people were interested. I hadn't planned on performing mass production.

Any thoughts on this? Am i realistic?

I was also kicking around some Worlds shock towers.

MOmo

The Hybrid
Approved Member

Re: Scans Request- Chassis Pics

Post by The Hybrid »

so you just want an outline trace of the rc10 and rc10t? I can do it but it will be tonight cause Im at work right now...

MOmo
Approved Member

Post by MOmo »

Primarily of the aftermarked chassis'. I really like the Composite craft chassis, or something like what masami used to win worlds.

I have a graphite chassis and several tub chassis, but things like the A&L chassis for example or other unique chassis' would be cool to try and copy.

If I can get a sheet of CF in the right thickness, id like to trace the pattern out and cut my own chassis out of CF material. Also, someone posted a chassis w/a saddle style configuration. That would be interesting too. Im just looking at some One-off chassis'. something different than the usual Tub chassis.

momo

The Hybrid
Approved Member

Post by The Hybrid »

well once you get the trace LMK how much you would charge to make a chassis for me...thanx

murphy3428
Approved Member

Post by murphy3428 »

Item number: 170260577504 COMPOSITE CRAFT RC-10 TRUCK TL TO CHASSIS #10035 check out this one on ebay, saw this one just recently

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

this is just my personal opinion.....

unless you have access to cf sheet that already has the kickup molded in already, i don't think there'd be a huge interest. that's probably one reason you don't see other people knocking them out. if all you have is flat sheet, obviously you'll have to use a noseplate. so you can use a tub chassis to get all of the mounting points transfered to the cf, and you can cut the main shape of the chassis any way you want. maybe try making one with a mid motor setup or something.