RC10 Classic 40th anniversary

Everything pertaining to the RC10 re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GreenBar0n

Re: RC10 Classic 40th anniversary

Post by GreenBar0n »

Just got my invoice, it does have the Lake Forest CA address, and included my tracking number from UPS; just the label was printed, so no movement or details yet. I'll update this when my label goes through, after 9pm here.

I saw New York was scheduled for delivery tomorrow, elsewhere.

Is everyone's expected delivery date, 5/2/2024?

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

GreenBar0n wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:00 pm Were any of you guys required to pay sales tax on your 40th? If so, what state are you in?

I was required, and am in California. Order 2628 and no email from AE still.
Everyone is required to pay sales tax, just some places expect you to file them on your own.

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

GreenBar0n wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 3:38 pm Just got my invoice, it does have the Lake Forest CA address, and included my tracking number from UPS; just the label was printed, so no movement or details yet. I'll update this when my label goes through, after 9pm here.

I saw New York was scheduled for delivery tomorrow, elsewhere.

Is everyone's expected delivery date, 5/2/2024?
Mine is listed as shipped with. No date yet. I canceled my second one so there is slot available for someone else

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

scr8p wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:48 pm
JosephS wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:26 pm
scr8p wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:22 pm I'm 0-2 on interest for 40th anniversary offerings. Hoping for something good at some point. :lol:
What would be interesting?
Almost anything besides gimmicky 6 gear short arm cars.
I bit the bullet and just ordered the damn thing even tho I'm not really that excited about it, I just know I'll regret not getting one. I probably wont even take it out of the box it's shipped in...

EmptyHand
Approved Member

Post by EmptyHand »

I bet you’re fun at parties! :lol:

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

scr8p wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:48 pm
JosephS wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:26 pm
scr8p wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:22 pm I'm 0-2 on interest for 40th anniversary offerings. Hoping for something good at some point. :lol:
What would be interesting?
Almost anything besides gimmicky 6 gear short arm cars.
Didn't AE screw up the mesh in the stealth gearbox in the ReRe RC10? I thought that's what I read so I've avoided getting anything with a ReRe stealth gearbox so far.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

EmptyHand wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:12 pm
i bit the bullet and just ordered the damn thing even tho im not really that excited about it, i just know i'll regret not getting one. i probably wont even take it out of the box its shipped in...
[/quote]

[/quote]

Why, because he makes sense? These AE offerings are aimed at nothing but collector markets. They could produce a rere worth building and running, and have proper part support, but they haven't. The CC and the 40th are the "Franklin Mint" models of the rc industry. I have a CC here that is still sitting in it's shipping box, and may until the day I sell it. The 40th I get will probably be the same way.

AE didn't make these cars so you run them around your backyard and reminisce about being 14 years old again, although you certainly could, if for just a short time. AE is selling novelties.
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

The 40th and it's nylon has a better chance of being a durable runner that the CC. The clear plastic parts in the CC just feel brittle.

My 40th won't be a street basher though. My days of nice RCs meeting The Curb Monster are over. I really need to just plow up my back yard and be done with it.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

EmptyHand
Approved Member

Post by EmptyHand »

morrisey0 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:33 pm
i bit the bullet and just ordered the damn thing even tho im not really that excited about it, i just know i'll regret not getting one. i probably wont even take it out of the box its shipped in...
[/quote]

Why, because he makes sense? These AE offerings are aimed at nothing but collector markets. They could produce a rere worth building and running, and have proper part support, but they haven't. The CC and the 40th are the "Franklin Mint" models of the rc industry. I have a CC here that is still sitting in it's shipping box, and may until the day I sell it. The 40th I get will probably be the same way.

AE didn't make these cars so you run them around your backyard and reminisce about being 14 years old again, although you certainly could, if for just a short time. AE is selling novelties.
[/quote]

Just having some fun is all. Even reported my own post :lol:

I’m really enjoying this brief life distraction of a soon to arrive RC10… which the 13 year old me could have only dream of.

I’ll leave us with a Ferris quote to capture the spirit of the moment:

“Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Frankentruck wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:41 pm The 40th and it's nylon has a better chance of being a durable runner that the CC. The clear plastic parts in the CC just feel brittle.
I completely agree. :D But I would say that ~5% of 40th buyers will actually run them. Most will be like that commemorative plate that your grandma bought from Home Shopping Network, and she placed it on that little plate stand, and put it in the corner cabinet in the living room for all to see. :wink:
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

MarkyDents
Approved Member

Post by MarkyDents »

Anyone else thinking that the chassis numbers aren’t on the boxes ?
So if you really don’t plan on opening the kit you’ll never know what number chassis you’ve got……
Who do you race for ?
Me……. I race for me.
That’s impossible, I was told you need a sponsor to race.
Hey Cru ! Go balls out 8)

Brendan2904
Approved Member

Post by Brendan2904 »

Can not wait to see people posting their stuff!

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

morrisey0 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:48 pm
Frankentruck wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:41 pm The 40th and it's nylon has a better chance of being a durable runner that the CC. The clear plastic parts in the CC just feel brittle.
I completely agree. :D But I would say that ~5% of 40th buyers will actually run them. Most will be like that commemorative plate that your grandma bought from Home Shopping Network, and she placed it on that little plate stand, and put it in the corner cabinet in the living room for all to see. :wink:
Yes. Exactly.

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

EmptyHand wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:47 pm
morrisey0 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:33 pm

[/quote]

Just having some fun is all. Even reported my own post :lol:

I’m really enjoying this brief life distraction of a soon to arrive RC10… which the 13 year old me could have only dream of.

I’ll leave us with a Ferris quote to capture the spirit of the moment:

“Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”
[/quote]

I think a great build would be a 1/2 cc 1/2 40th with the White nylon giving way to the clear parts like an anatomical model.

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

Mine just arrived, kit #1995. Note the number is not on the box so you have to crack the seals to see if you got a number or a box of rocks! Schrö-edinger RC10 haha!

Parts are stark white, like over peroxided parts. Hard to tell in the pics but they look less nylon and more plastic.

Manual is NOT included so if your storing yours, might make a print for one day when we are locked in our vaults and want to build them with no internet :lol:

Nice kit overall. This is as far as I'm going for now. It will go into storage.
Attachments
Screenshot_20240502_105350_Gallery.jpg
20240502_104257.jpg
20240502_104253.jpg
20240502_104140.jpg
20240502_104234.jpg
20240502_103710.jpg
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website