RC10 Classic 40th anniversary

Everything pertaining to the RC10 re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Elkcycles
Approved Member

Re: RC10 Classic 40th anniversary

Post by Elkcycles »

@EmptyHand

https://holmeshobbies.com/motors/brushed-motors.html

Crawler motors, yes, but some of the best brushed motors on the market.

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

EmptyHand wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:35 am I’m going retro-mod on this and darn it’s hard to find current production (non-crawler) brushed motors for dirt buggies. Thinking the Tamiya Sport Tuned is the easy answer. Any other suggestions?

To keep this on topic, a Re-re AE brushed 540 motor would be the icing on the cake for these anniversary cars. AmIrite?
I really like the cheap goolrc/surpass/etc motors off amazon and ebay, they are the same teardown as many name brands and the prices are great. You can get several winds but you do have to poke around a bit to find them
Attachments
Untitled.png
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

EmptyHand
Approved Member

Post by EmptyHand »

Elkcycles wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:59 am @EmptyHand

https://holmeshobbies.com/motors/brushed-motors.html

Crawler motors, yes, but some of the best brushed motors on the market.
Wow thanks. I had no idea this existed. Love the looks of the retro line.

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

duckhead wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:46 am Actually have some legitimate movement on my tracking number...
UPS just notified me that my package from Santa (Ana) is also supposed to arrive on Thursday. Actually, now it's changed to Friday.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

1911Colt
Approved Member

Post by 1911Colt »

GoMachV wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:15 pm
EmptyHand wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:35 am I’m going retro-mod on this and darn it’s hard to find current production (non-crawler) brushed motors for dirt buggies. Thinking the Tamiya Sport Tuned is the easy answer. Any other suggestions?

To keep this on topic, a Re-re AE brushed 540 motor would be the icing on the cake for these anniversary cars. AmIrite?
I really like the cheap goolrc/surpass/etc motors off amazon and ebay, they are the same teardown as many name brands and the prices are great. You can get several winds but you do have to poke around a bit to find them
It's not a fast motor... :lol:
Attachments
Capture.JPG

coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

Ours has shipped!
Tap pic for clarity: Derek

GreenBar0n

Post by GreenBar0n »

Were any of you guys required to pay sales tax on your 40th? If so, what state are you in?

I was required, and am in California. Order 2628 and no email from AE still.

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

I was not charged tax in Idaho. I have been charged tax with AE before but not on this one. I suspect within Cali they are pretty much locked into charging tax on all orders but other states may have thresholds you have to hit before collecting and distributing tax is required. It's a giant pita since no two states handle it the same
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

b027
Approved Member

Post by b027 »

Just ordered today (#3713). No tax added for Maine.

I missed the previous rereleases so looking forward to this one!

Brendan2904
Approved Member

Post by Brendan2904 »

I'm thinking of running a HobbyWing 1060 and a Radon 2 with a 12 pinion gear. Does that sound ok?

superticky

Post by superticky »

Would it be too crazy to put a brushless system ? even with only 2S Lipo and gear down and limit the speed from transmitter etc ....

Not sure if the brushed preference is to keep it safe or if it's to keep it vintage :-D

Brendan2904
Approved Member

Post by Brendan2904 »

superticky wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:43 am Would it be too crazy to put a brushless system ? even with only 2S Lipo and gear down and limit the speed from transmitter etc ....

Not sure if the brushed preference is to keep it safe or if it's to keep it vintage :-D
I'm sure the brushless would be ok. I'm going brushed because it what I have on my workbench. I'm also going to use the servo I took out of the SC10 Pro 4 when I upgraded that servo.

GreenBar0n

Post by GreenBar0n »

GoMachV wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:05 pm I was not charged tax in Idaho. I have been charged tax with AE before but not on this one. I suspect within Cali they are pretty much locked into charging tax on all orders but other states may have thresholds you have to hit before collecting and distributing tax is required. It's a giant pita since no two states handle it the same
Thanks for the reply! The way most states, as it would seem to be, aren't charging sales tax, while CA still is, is making me start to think these 40th's may be being distributed from here in CA. Still no AE email on my order.

Does anyone's shipping progress show where their 40th originated from?

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

I think its more about the company doing business in cali, since they are based there. If they had multiple locations, then those states would be taxed for certain as well. Technically im sure they have exceeded the threshold in all states but interstate tax laws are so hard to follow. My "picked up" scan was Anaheim
Factory Works website

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

GreenBar0n wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 2:22 pm Does anyone's shipping progress show where their 40th originated from?
1000010762.png
GoMachV wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 2:27 pm I think its more about the company doing business in cali, since they are based there.
I think that is the typical loop hole that benefits out of state shoppers.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"