So, what did you do RC today?

When it's R/C related, but doesn't fit anyplace else.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Brendan2904
Approved Member

Re: So, what did you do RC today?

Post by Brendan2904 »

The other resto stickers done. I think it's the protector body so I made the stickers work as best I could. Not perfect but I can try again with the 40th right?
Attachments
20240425_235420.jpg

BeastyShout
Approved Member

Post by BeastyShout »

Took the B6 to the track to get it dialed in some more. Getting closer.... Ordered a set of used Electrons for those days the track is dry.
RC10 B4.1
RC10 B6.4
Traxxas Bandito

https://www.rctech.net/g/album/7805439

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

GoMachV wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:29 pm Far from done but this is one of 6 similar projects for the day :lol:

Anyone know what this knot is called so I can Google how to undo it?
Gordian knot for sure
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

RogueIV

Post by RogueIV »

Raced these two magnificent Kyoshos today. Some of it in the wet.
IMG_20240428_175122878.jpg
The Ultima in 17.5 and the Turbo Scorpion in Silvercan. Nothing broke, and I was not exactly kind to them. Was an ongoing battle with tires though. Going to have to get a few different sets mounted for next time for the changing conditions, the Ultima was way better on high grip carpet out on the turf it suffered a bit as traction is significantly lower on it and more inconsistent. Going to have to do more practice out there.

Also successfully got 2wd Silvercan Rear Motor going at RC Madness, out local track, so hope that continues through the season.
Consistency is the key I keep misplacing.

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

Those two Kyosho's truly are magnificent. Very nice indeed!

Today, for the first time in years, I pulled the B3 off the shelf, blew the dust off, fitted some electronics (Reedy 3300kV, Reedy SC600BL, XP servo, Futaba clone Rx), and drove it around the track for a few laps. What a car!

As much as the OG RC10 is a great handler (especially the Worlds car), the later ultra-light weight plastic tub cars perform on another level entirely. Just pull the throttle and the car tracks exactly where you point it and it stays planted and composed even over the roughest sections of the track . Nice!
P1010458.JPG
I stopped driving the B3 a few years ago after breaking a front arm - AE replacements were (are) crazy expensive. Yesterday, I discovered that Fan RC is reproducing B3 arms and other parts so I've ordered a spare set. I'll fit the repro arms when they arrive (Saturday, hopefully) and put the AE ones away for safe keeping.
Doug

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

My son and I did some monster trucking this evening. He had the Clod and I had the Mystery Machine. The Clod is a pretty intimidating beast when it comes charging your way! 😂 I did my best not to let the Lunch Box get bullied, but he definitely owned the 2-way ramp in the driveway and the grass around it. He was like a shark on the pavement, 4WS stalking his way around at half speed waiting to punch it and pounce! 🦈 However his aggressive strikes have the roll bar down to only 1 light now. The middle one. 😁
1000010765.jpg
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

silvertriple
Approved Member

Post by silvertriple »

Finished some drivers for a few of my Marui projects...

I buy kits to build and ru(i)n them :-)

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

XLR8 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:16 pm Today, for the first time in years, I pulled the B3 off the shelf, blew the dust off, fitted some electronics (Reedy 3300kV, Reedy SC600BL, XP servo, Futaba clone Rx), and drove it around the track for a few laps. What a car!
That's a good looking B3! Around the track? Like your own personal at home track?
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

Frankentruck wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:00 am
XLR8 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:16 pm Today, for the first time in years, I pulled the B3 off the shelf, blew the dust off, fitted some electronics (Reedy 3300kV, Reedy SC600BL, XP servo, Futaba clone Rx), and drove it around the track for a few laps. What a car!
That's a good looking B3! Around the track? Like your own personal at home track?
Thanks. It was an ebay purchase; the body was painted by previous owner. The color is -- well, it's atomic vomit. At least the fluorescent yellow/green sorta matches the wheels. With the B3, joy comes from driving not looking at it. :lol:

I call it a "track" but actually it's just a worn path in the back yard, weaving through the trees, around the shed, deck, etc. When I'm feeling ambitious, I will haul dirt (wheelbarrow) and build some small jumps (emphasis on "small" since big jumps break parts) but a hard rain erodes them and I have to start over again.
There are no proper tracks close by but a new hobby shop opened recently and the owner is a racer so there's hope.
Doug

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

At least your B3 has a normal rear wing. The previous owner of my B2 must have felt like you can never have too big of a wing. :lol: I need to trim it down a bit, but that hasn't been a priority.
1000010766.jpg
I worn path in the back yard counts as a track in my book. 👍

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

Frankentruck wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:43 am At least your B3 has a normal rear wing. The previous owner of my B2 must have felt like you can never have too big of a wing. :lol: I need to trim it down a bit, but that hasn't been a priority.
1000010766.jpg
I worn path in the back yard counts as a track in my book. 👍
Yeah, your wing is big by my eye immediately goes to the body and paint work. Very nice. Who made that shell?

Like the B3, my B2 has been in storage for years and will remain there until someone can offer spares at reasonable prices. ... which will probably be never. As you probably already know, the B2 is AE's lowest production RC10 so there isn't a lot of demand for parts.

There's plenty of shade in the back yard and the deck makes an excellent driver's stand. :D
Doug

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

I don't know anything about what model body shell it is or who painted it. The painter was definitely skilled, but should have immediately objected to this huge wing and refused to paint it. :lol:
I picked up this B2 because I figured they might get harder to find in the future and it was a reasonable price (probably extra downforce on the price from the huge wing).
1000010773.jpg
1000010775.jpg
1000010776.jpg
The earlier models are definitely better eye candy than the B2, B3, T3, etc. But my low $ basher B4 is a very competent runner.

Brendan2904
Approved Member

Post by Brendan2904 »

B7d kit is almost done. Have to put the shocks on tonight after the little one goes to bed. Then I will need to find someone to help me with soldering the motor to the esc.
Attachments
20240502_120920.jpg

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

Is that motor plate missing a top section?
1000010806.png

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

nope, the b7 is like a pan car now, two screws at the bottom, none at the top
Attachments
asc90041_5.jpg
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website