RC10 Classic 40th anniversary

Everything pertaining to the RC10 re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Frankentruck

Re: RC10 Classic 40th anniversary

Post by Frankentruck »

Tower is sketchy, especially if there's any needed tweaks to an order. I did manage to get a CC from them, but there was frustration.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

1911Colt
Approved Member

Post by 1911Colt »

Ironically, Horizon used to have phenomenal customer support. We bought a lot, I mean a LOT of their Parkzone, E-Flite, and Hangar 9 planes. Any issues we encountered were addressed immediately with free replacement parts. On a few occasions they wanted pictures, but usually it was enough to say you had an issue and they were on it.

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

GreenBar0n wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:14 pm How are you guys ordering from AMain? Says sold out.

I pre-ordered from AE, and just read the fine print.
Required to Complete

6-cell NiMH or 2S LiPo for radio-controlled car
Radio control battery charger
1:10 scale radio control electronic speed control
1:10 scale 540-size electric RC car motor
2-channel RC surface transmitter and its batteries
Steering servo
2-channel receiver
Pinion gear
Paint for the body
Recommended: Glue for tires and wheels
No motor, no pinion, and no MSC/ESC. Figured a cheap motor and pinion would be included, for $380 + tax.
That is quite a bummer since it would be nice to see a blue label Lake Forest motor. I would have also liked 32pitch gears. For a pure display piece the blue label motor would be a nice addition.

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

1911Colt wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:13 pm Ironically, Horizon used to have phenomenal customer support. We bought a lot, I mean a LOT of their Parkzone, E-Flite, and Hangar 9 planes. Any issues we encountered were addressed immediately with free replacement parts. On a few occasions they wanted pictures, but usually it was enough to say you had an issue and they were on it.
Tower used to be awesome as well. Ever since the acquisition it's been just terrible. The new system they use is the core of the issue. I have dealt with their customer service a couple times and they were still awesome but basically fixing system issues all day long
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

+1 on Tower. I'm done with them.
Doug

mikea96
Approved Member

Post by mikea96 »

It's probably been 10-12 years since I ordered anything from Tower. When I used to fly my gas planes I would order lots from them.

80sRunner

Post by 80sRunner »

"...but Honey, this is the new gold investment, like the silver I bought a few months back" :D

sixdub
Approved Member

Post by sixdub »

Tower (Horizon) double charged my card when they shipped my backorder recently. They requested a copy of my card statement and it took about 3 weeks for their accounting team to sort it out. Disappointing...
Kyosho, JRX-2, Gold Tub Fan

Brendan2904
Approved Member

Post by Brendan2904 »

The 2 issues with Tower / Horizon is the lack of actual customer service agents with the Email only customer contact as well and the Oracle Software they use to fulfill their orders. If they would hire all of the remote workers back and switch their software everything would be fine with the world again.

Jeep-Power
Approved Member

Post by Jeep-Power »

This kit is super cool, and surprising, since they stated just a few years ago that it will never happen. Will love to hear the story on how this came to be.

As far as what you get-- this isn't some TT-O-Toy from Tamiya (which I own a few of), this is a re-re-re RC10! We have been asking for this for YEARS. Quit yer bitchin'!

Gotta say the thought crossed my mind when FanRC started producing parts-- "there goes the issue of not having molds". My $$ is on some sort of partnership with Fan & AE

I work/live minutes from the Amain East Coast location. Gotta say those folks are some of the coolest and most dedicated RC folks around.
TallPeter ~ Hopeless Gearhead
Early Goldpans 'Fun Buggy' RC10C B44.3 RC8B3.1 RC12l 10LS Pro10

Brendan2904
Approved Member

Post by Brendan2904 »

Jeep-Power wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:20 am This kit is super cool, and surprising, since they stated just a few years ago that it will never happen. Will love to hear the story on how this came to be.

As far as what you get-- this isn't some TT-O-Toy from Tamiya (which I own a few of), this is a re-re-re RC10! We have been asking for this for YEARS. Quit yer bitchin'!

Gotta say the thought crossed my mind when FanRC started producing parts-- "there goes the issue of not having molds". My $$ is on some sort of partnership with Fan & AE

I work/live minutes from the Amain East Coast location. Gotta say those folks are some of the coolest and most dedicated RC folks around.
Where is Amain East?

1911Colt
Approved Member

Post by 1911Colt »

The folks I speak with are usually in NC.

Brendan2904
Approved Member

Post by Brendan2904 »

Someone posted about each chassis having a serial number. I can't find anything about it. Isn't it just going to be etched for the 40th Anniversary?

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

In the picture, the foil sticker says 0040 which looks like a serial number, but hard to know for sure. They might all get that number.
1000010620.png
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

GreenBar0n

Post by GreenBar0n »

JosephS wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:42 pm That is quite a bummer since it would be nice to see a blue label Lake Forest motor. I would have also liked 32pitch gears. For a pure display piece the blue label motor would be a nice addition.
The older kit motors having the color coded label, and address from the time of manufacture, was a quality touch. Seems like a missed opportunity to not have a matching 40th motor for this, even sold separately.