RC10 Classic 40th anniversary

Everything pertaining to the RC10 re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

BattleTrak
Approved Member

RC10 Classic 40th anniversary

Post by BattleTrak »

After the Classic Clear, we now have this 40th anniversary kit.

https://60years.associatedelectrics.com/rc10-classic-40th-anniversary-kit/
-Brad

Frankentruck

Re: RC10 Classic 40th anniversary

Post by Frankentruck »

I like this better than the CC. Very cool!
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

This is meant to be a replacement for the CC. The CC may actually be discontinued
Dear valued customer

We apologize for the shortage of RC10 Classic CC kits. Although you may have missed that release, we would like to inform you that the we are releasing a 40th Anniversary RC10 Classic kit. This available for pre-order now at www.associatedelectrics.com.

If you no longer wish to order this item, you do not need to take any action.

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

That makes some sense, being a replacement, if they use the same part molds with polycarbonate changing to nylon injection.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

jonboy
Approved Member

Post by jonboy »

Think I'll prob get one of these.. I'm guessing Its going to be ball diff up top & no slipper? not stealth..

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

jonboy wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:16 pm Think I'll prob get one of these.. I'm guessing Its going to be ball diff up top & no slipper? not stealth..
Looks like that from the pictures. I put in for a pre-order but I may cancel. I have enough rc10's; I may just buy an empty box and put it on my shelf with a Cadillac on top and call it a day.

jonboy
Approved Member

Post by jonboy »

No pre ordering out in the uk yet.. tried AE site no go .. ahh see how it goes & quick edit I'm on a big screen now yes top diff.. shame..

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

And you already save $170! :roll: Of course you will have to wait until it comes out before AE will tell you what they are actually going to charge you.

Hope it ends up on pre-order through a reputable dealer soon.
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

AE is charging the preorders on this one, unlike the CC where they notified you when it was ready and then marked them up. It's $379, paid in full when you order it.

I prefer to order through amain but with a limited release and not knowing numbers I didn't want to chance it.
Attachments
Screenshot_20240415_115500_Email.jpg
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

$380 for a NIB RC10 is ok with me. To me, it's worth the +$60 premium over the CC price.

duckhead
Approved Member

Post by duckhead »

JosephS wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:59 pm This is meant to be a replacement for the CC. The CC may actually be discontinued
Dear valued customer

We apologize for the shortage of RC10 Classic CC kits. Although you may have missed that release, we would like to inform you that the we are releasing a 40th Anniversary RC10 Classic kit. This available for pre-order now at www.associatedelectrics.com.

If you no longer wish to order this item, you do not need to take any action.
Definitely looks like the "not limited edition" CC was in fact limited edition, I got a canned email from Associated indicating that I "missed" that release... :roll:
signal-2024-04-15-145523_002.jpeg

duckhead
Approved Member

Post by duckhead »

Frankentruck wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:01 pm $380 for a NIB RC10 is ok with me. To me, it's worth the +$60 premium over the CC price.
Yeah, if you were lucky enough to not get caught in their $319.99 -> $399.99 bait and switch scheme...

duckhead
Approved Member

Post by duckhead »

A couple other odd observations...

1. Seems like they are drop shipping these kits as the order site is a dedicated shopify account not associated with their normal website ordering platform (and associated accounting).

2. I sure hope it is just bad lighting, but the front caster blocks look like the terrible coloring that was on some of the other re-re parts in the last re-release (like the stealth tranny halves):
RC10 Classic 40 Year Anniversary Kit.png
At least the balls cups are white :lol: and the stamped nose plate is awesome!

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

GoMachV wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:52 pm I prefer to order through amain but with a limited release and not knowing numbers I didn't want to chance it.
I am going to wait this one out a little I think. I REALLY don't want to order direct through AE; as I think they will figure out a way to screw people over somehow. I am also going to put my money on this not being all that limited; as I think AE will sell as many as they can and then stop production when sales numbers start to drop.

I was right about the CC being limited when AE said it wasn't, so hopefully I can predict this one just as well. :)
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

I was looking to see if any spare parts are being made available and came across this. Available late May? What the heck?!? :lol:
1000010590.png