Things that irritate you

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

TRX-1-3

Re: Things that irritate you

Post by TRX-1-3 »

RogueIV wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:13 pm USPS being idiots again:
Screenshot 2024-03-18 195952.jpg

I LIVE in Springfield, MA.....
Yeah, some stuff I got recently spent 7 days both going to, AND arriving in Chicago. :lol: I think it would make sense to a USPS insider, but definitely not to us.
Hope you're doin' something fun.

Dangeruss
Approved Member

Post by Dangeruss »

TRX-1-3 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:45 pm Dude, that sweater! Classically bad early '90s sweater.
TRX-1-3 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:11 am Yeah, some stuff I got recently spent 7 days both going to, AND arriving in Chicago. :lol: I think it would make sense to a USPS insider, but definitely not to us.
Only a limited amount of standard sized envelopes/postcards/flats are machine sorted. Packages and machine rejected mail get hand sorted. When the shipment goes AWOL it means someone tossed the package/envelope into the wrong bin.

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

Dangeruss wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:09 am When the shipment goes AWOL it means someone tossed the package/envelope into the wrong bin.
So you're saying that, despite all the practice they get, the postal service can't even toss correctly?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

Dangeruss
Approved Member

Post by Dangeruss »

Incredible_Serious wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:12 am
Dangeruss wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:09 am When the shipment goes AWOL it means someone tossed the package/envelope into the wrong bin.
So you're saying that, despite all the practice they get, the postal service can't even toss correctly?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
Mmmmmaybe. :mrgreen: :lol: ...Though, I found a training video that shows what postal workers are doing with your package when it's delayed at a distribution facility:

1911Colt
Approved Member

Post by 1911Colt »

RogueIV wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:13 pm USPS being idiots again:
Screenshot 2024-03-18 195952.jpg

I LIVE in Springfield, MA.....
Similar to what GoMachV said earlier, reading that invoked the Benny Hill theme song in my head.

True story- the Mongols had a faster, more effective postal system covering an area larger than the continental USA ~600 years before the famous Pony Express. In your example, the Mongols would have been a better choice than USPS.

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

PayPal rant

not only them providing outdated addresses FREQUENTLY, but also I got an email a couple days ago saying i'm approaching my monthly cap for money and that they would be holding it for 21 days. There was a link to "request an increase" in that cap. Mind you, its MY money, they just want to hold it a while. Well anyway I click the button and wham-o, immediately approved for double that amount. Now I can collect twice the money I usually do in a month. Fast forward to a half hour ago, another email saying i'm close to my cap again- but the new cap is about $500 over the original cap- well under the "new" cap I was given. So, I called. She said that the new cap is good for the 21 days but every account- all business accounts and personal etc, in all standings- and a new cap set for that 21 day period. So next month my cap might be double, or it might be half. Huh? I haven't had a consistent month in 5 years, how are they going to predict how much ill take in- and better yet...WHY? I did nothing wrong, no charge backs, nothing at all- she said ALL accounts are now subject to this and limits are set for everyone. So.... as a business I no longer accept PayPal again. :roll: They sure have done everything in their power to try to lose customers after the whole debit card thing earlier and now this. I cant see big businesses wanting to play their games to get paid, I expect to see PayPal checkout dry up.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

Telemarketers are frickin out of hand lately.
-Jerry-

rgrant

Post by rgrant »

Trying to drive on the freeway without getting run over by everyone driving 80+ mph.

Drug commercials on tv.

bs emails.

robocalls.

rgrant

Post by rgrant »

I forgot one.

Looking everywhere multiple times for the diff. thrust spring like an idiot only to find it's stuck in the outdrive.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

rgrant wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:57 pm Trying to drive on the freeway without getting run over by everyone driving 80+ mph.
That is what the far right lane is for, those who don't want to or can't move with the flow of traffic.

Personally, I have the opposite problem, vehicles in the speed lane and HOV lane that don't want to move with the flow of traffic, nor will they heed the lane to those of us who do.
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

R6cowboy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:43 pm Telemarketers are frickin out of hand lately.
Spam in general. I get at least 3 to 5 spam texts per day, frequently more. I get another 3 to 5 spam calls per week. I don't get too much in email, thankfully! The texts bother me the most because I can't mute them. Phone spam I can "block", which mutes the ring, but that doesn't stop them from calling and/or leaving a message. In fact, the "block" feature on phones is a fallacy, it literally does nothing, it is not logged by your provider, and as evidenced by my phone, it doesn't stop the annoyance from being an annoyance.

Similarly, I recently realized that when I block and "delete" a spam text, it's sent to the archive folder. There are no controls to empty the folder. Come to find out, I have to highlight each and every message individually to delete it. Why is there no "empty folder" or "select all" feature?

Smart phones are anything BUT smart! :roll: :x :evil:

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Halgar wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:59 pm Come to find out, I have to highlight each and every message individually to delete it. Why is there no "empty folder" or "select all" feature?
This! Closest I can get is using four fingers at the same time to select four at a time. Dude, we're getting old...I sound like my Dad. "I sent you an email!" "You mean a text?"

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Given a choice, I shun electronics because they're not made with any common sense, there's little to no standardization, and as soon as you finally figure out how to make something work all the manufacturers change everything about it. Electronics truly drive me nuts. I won't program most electronic things customers ask to be installed, i.e. Ring doorbells, sprinkler timers, security cameras, thermostats, etc.

Absolutely HATE new vehicles because of all the stupid electronics. Give me dials, buttons, actual gauges, a keyed ignition switch, levers, and knobs. Can't use a cell phone in a car because it's distracted driving, but it's perfectly fine to bury every function of the vehicle behind a 48" touch screen and 400 menus, because, you know, THAT isn't a distraction at all! :roll:

PC's are another infuriating pile of garbage. Thankfully, I've got my own personal computer geek that takes care of that for me.

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

eBay's "Flintstones" vertical scroll! How many of the same items can I scroll thru before being "quite" annoyed? FFS!, just display the sh*t the seller has and leave the illusions to David Copperfield (notice I didn't say David Blaine).

But wait! There's more!........GFY!

1911Colt
Approved Member

Post by 1911Colt »

Halgar wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:18 pm Give me ... levers, and knobs.
I was thinking of this one recently. I have 3 vehicles 61, 53, and 27 years old, all with original levers and cables for the heat controls, all working perfectly. My Escape has backlit soft touch heat controls. Long before it was 10 years old the middle row of LED backlights failed, the buttons started requiring multiple presses, and the resistor board that controls blower speed had burned out. But they are 1% easier to operate than the levers, so...Progress!