Things that irritate you

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Halgar
Approved Member

Re: Things that irritate you

Post by Halgar »

klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

mAdMan
Approved Member

Post by mAdMan »

Frankentruck wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:13 am
mAdMan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:03 am And while I’m at it, Nissan makes Mercedes motors now.

Forgot the Mercedes, I like what I'm seeing here...
Screenshot_20240307-091013.png
So the rabbit hole that led me to this was Hoovie’s Garage. Tyler Hoovie is a car collector and ex writer for MotorTrend Magazine. I used to have a subscription read his spreads. I like his YouTube and the car wizard is one of his specialized car repairmen. So naturally he made his own YouTube. He can be rough or vulgar but I learn a lot from him.

TL/DR:
It’s the Car Wizard’s DMC DeLorean

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Yeah Car Wizard is a dry shop humor GOLDMINE!
I stumbled onto these jokers watching Hoovie on Motortrend TV. Had a show where he'd go buy a car with "X" level of collectability and take it to his "mechanic" (Wizard), who would then produce a list of deficiencies which Hoovie would use to decide whether to fix and keep, or fix and flip. I gotta admit, I enjoyed the show.
Hope you're doin' something fun.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

TRX-1-3 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:40 pm Yeah Car Wizard is a dry shop humor GOLDMINE!
I stumbled onto these jokers watching Hoovie on Motortrend TV. Had a show where he'd go buy a car with "X" level of collectability and take it to his "mechanic" (Wizard), who would then produce a list of deficiencies which Hoovie would use to decide whether to fix and keep, or fix and flip. I gotta admit, I enjoyed the show.
That is/was just a spinoff of his YT channel. I watched his channel for the first few years, sometime after he acquired the two lambos via a contact from the Wizard I just couldn't take him anymore. He's basically just a whiny snivelly car enthusiast. While I admire his knowledge of cars, I just can't take his delivery or persona anymore.

Derick from Vice Grip Garage has a tv show now too, again, a spinoff of his YT channel. I very much enjoy Derick's sense of humor and delivery.

FWIW, if you want dry shop humor, check out Watch Wes Work. He's got fantastic diagnostic skills and a unique dry sense of humor. He's a mechanic by trade, so his vids are primarily of whatever rolls into the shop, but he does have interesting personal projects that have been fun to follow along.

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Halgar wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:26 pm ...He's basically just a whiny snivelly car enthusiast. While I admire his knowledge of cars, I just can't take his delivery or persona anymore.
Word!

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

Halgar wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:26 pmDerick from Vice Grip Garage has a tv show now too, again, a spinoff of his YT channel. I very much enjoy Derick's sense of humor and delivery.
Likewise. Derrick B. has a great sense of humor and I really like his demeanor. He's just a hoot to watch.
-Jerry-

ZED32
Approved Member

Post by ZED32 »

Rc related thing that irritates me: I just tried to buy a Traxxas Eagle LS-II on offerup. Had a deal with the dude and everything only to get a message "sorry, sold it to someone else". Cant win em all I guess.

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

ZED32 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:53 pm Rc related thing that irritates me: I just tried to buy a Traxxas Eagle LS-II on offerup. Had a deal with the dude and everything only to get a message "sorry, sold it to someone else". Cant win em all I guess.
Wasn't meant to be, I guess. That sucks though. I guess the upside is you didn't help that seller out by giving him your money (even though you wanted the item), after he revealed himself to be somewhat of a turd.

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

I know that I accurately chose all of the images that had a bus in them, why do I now need to choose all of the images with a streetlight in them???
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

morrisey0 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:33 am I know that I accurately chose all of the images that had a bus in them, why do I now need to choose all of the images with a streetlight in them???
And STILL can't get in. :roll:

Even if you do, the site is generally devoid of info and/or so horribly designed that it doesn't function. I can never tell when it's my computer that is at issue or the website, but if I've done everything I can on my end and still can't use the site, I am no longer interested in that site or the products listed there.

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Halgar wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:46 am I am no longer interested in that site or the products listed there.
I hate to be a freeloader, but I pretty much immediately hit the back button when I get the "We see you are running an ad blocker............" Nope, I get the info somewhere else.
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

The internet is unusable without ad blockers! :roll: YouTube is literally unwatchable without them!

That's half the problem with sites that don't work. They're too busy trying to throw ads in your face. The other half are sites that are trying to be all flash, shock, and awe, rather than functional or useful to anyone. No, you don't need to have more ads than product info on every page. No, I don't need to chat with your site bot to find what I need, just make your damned site searchable and usable! No, I don't want to call you, where's your email or online contact form? No, you don't need my DNA to enter your site!

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Halgar wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:47 am The internet is unusable without ad blockers! :roll: YouTube is literally unwatchable without them!

That's half the problem with sites that don't work. They're too busy trying to throw ads in your face. The other half are sites that are trying to be all flash, shock, and awe, rather than functional or useful to anyone. No, you don't need to have more ads than product info on every page. No, I don't need to chat with your site bot to find what I need, just make your damned site searchable and usable! No, I don't want to call you, where's your email or online contact form? No, you don't need my DNA to enter your site!
Reminds me of the Chappelle bit about "if the internet was a mall"

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

selling a little rc crawler lot on fb marketplace for 150 bucks...

guy messages me, asks 'will you do 100 bucks?'

i reply, 'i can do 100 without the new tj body.'

guy messages back, 'can you ship?'

i dont want to ship, but im like, 'yeah i can ship'

guy replies, 'i'll do 120 shipped with the tj body.'

i mean... it'll cost me 20 bucks to ship the damn stuff. is this guy stupid or does he think i am?

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

badhoopty wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:29 pm selling a little rc crawler lot on fb marketplace for 150 bucks...

guy messages me, asks 'will you do 100 bucks?'

i reply, 'i can do 100 without the new tj body.'

guy messages back, 'can you ship?'

i dont want to ship, but im like, 'yeah i can ship'

guy replies, 'i'll do 120 shipped with the tj body.'

i mean... it'll cost me 20 bucks to ship the damn stuff. is this guy stupid or does he think i am?

I had a client that needed fence repairs, he was hard up for money, so I told him I'd give him my best price if he paid in cash, no checks, credit card, venmo, frog skins, apple butter, sheep shyte, or any other form of monetary transfer, CASH! He say's great! do the work and I'll write you a check . . . :? :x For some reason, he was upset when I declined the job and walked away. :roll: