Things that irritate you

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Dangeruss
Approved Member

Re: Things that irritate you

Post by Dangeruss »

Halgar wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:03 pm ...for the love of rice crispies
🤣

TRX-1-3 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:52 pm The next logical step is to make every new electronic device inoperable UNLESS it is connected to the "internet".
Last two computers and handful of printers were inoperable until they were connected to the internet to download drivers and receive updates. Keep asking myself what if the person who bought them didn't have internet?

What was the joke Robin WIlliams made... "Soon, all the devices in your house will be connected... you'll go get something to eat and the fridge will say, "You know, I've been talking to the toaster..."".

Page flip! :mrgreen:

terry.sc
Approved Member

Post by terry.sc »

TRX-1-3 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:52 pm
The next logical step is to make every new electronic device inoperable UNLESS it is connected to the "internet".
Don't ask users of the SmarTap shower control about this. Someone thought having a shower you could control remotely from a phone app or by voice using an Alexa, so you could tell it what temperature to run at or how powerful to run, or have a time limit to get the kids out. Except everything worked by going through the companies server. Then the company got bought out and the new owners turned the servers off. :lol: They've now got basic manual shower controls that cost them £500. :lol: :lol:

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Dangeruss wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:46 pm
Halgar wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:03 pm ...for the love of rice crispies
🤣
Pretty sure the language filter kicked in right about then. :wink: :lol:

Technically, it was MY language filter, since we're not supposed to use naughty words here. At Clodtalk, we could edit our filter to change naughty words into non-naughty words or phrases. We had a lot of fun with that, it really baffled some folks though. :lol: Not sure if 10Talk has this or not.
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

Halgar wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:19 pm Technically, it was MY language filter, since we're not supposed to use naughty words here. At Clodtalk, we could edit our filter to change naughty words into non-naughty words or phrases. We had a lot of fun with that, it really baffled some folks though. :lol: Not sure if 10Talk has this or not.
Nope, you can still say Traxxarse here, and it doesn't get filtered.
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Incredible_Serious wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:20 pm
Halgar wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:19 pm Technically, it was MY language filter, since we're not supposed to use naughty words here. At Clodtalk, we could edit our filter to change naughty words into non-naughty words or phrases. We had a lot of fun with that, it really baffled some folks though. :lol: Not sure if 10Talk has this or not.
Nope, you can still say Traxxarse here, and it doesn't get filtered.
And by 'filtered', I mean replacing 'Traxxarse' with 'steaming-pile-of-crap'.... ;)
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Dangeruss
Approved Member

Post by Dangeruss »

Incredible_Serious wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:21 pm And by 'filtered', I mean replacing 'Traxxarse' with 'steaming-pile-of-crap'.... ;)
So you're saying I should remove the postage from the Traxxas buggy I was about to send ya? 8) :lol:

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Dangeruss wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:28 pm So you're saying I should remove the postage from the Traxxas buggy I was about to send ya? 8) :lol:
Go find out how much it costs to send a buggy from the US to Australia, and that will stop you in your tracks..... ain't that right, @RC10th - the Australian king of importing Traxxarse junk :P
Osiris is the key.

Dangeruss
Approved Member

Post by Dangeruss »

Incredible_Serious wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:40 pm RC10th - the Australian king of importing Traxxarse junk :P
:lol:
Incredible_Serious wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:40 pm Go find out how much it costs to send a buggy from the US to Australia
Was gonna go cheap and just slap the sticker on the body then wait-n-see how much of the car showed up on your doorstep :mrgreen:

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Incredible_Serious wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:20 pm Nope, you can still say Traxxarse here, and it doesn't get filtered.
Well, you don't have to get nasty! :shock: :lol: :lol:

And, yep! Traxxarse was one we'd occasionally filter on the fly when we wanted to mess with someone. :lol:
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

Incredible_Serious wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:40 pm
Dangeruss wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:28 pm So you're saying I should remove the postage from the Traxxas buggy I was about to send ya? 8) :lol:
Go find out how much it costs to send a buggy from the US to Australia, and that will stop you in your tracks..... ain't that right, @RC10th - the Australian king of importing Traxxarse junk :P
That was a very expensive endeavour where I somehow ended up with 3 SRT's and enough parts to nearly build another one. :shock:

Halgar wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:59 pm
Incredible_Serious wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:20 pm Nope, you can still say Traxxarse here, and it doesn't get filtered.
Well, you don't have to get nasty! :shock: :lol: :lol:

And, yep! Traxxarse was one we'd occasionally filter on the fly when we wanted to mess with someone. :lol:

I even censored the dirty word on my own truck.... :lol:
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Uh, if I may, back to the Hilux/small Toyota import ban...just an example of the neat little trucks..granted, a Honda with only a front bench seat. But, how cool would this be?
20240227_215056.jpg
12 valve 4-banger, "real time 4wd"
Hope you're doin' something fun.

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Hope you're doin' something fun.

mAdMan
Approved Member

Post by mAdMan »

20 minutes into an hour long Cleetus McFarland episode and my tv goes to a commercial. Never comes back.

F U SAMSUCK!

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

And I've always heard so many rave how Samsung TVs are, or were I guess, the latest and greatest of all. I'm so very glad I never fell into that bandwagon.
-Jerry-

LowClassCC
Approved Member

Post by LowClassCC »

TRX-1-3 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:02 am Uh, if I may, back to the Hilux/small Toyota import ban...just an example of the neat little trucks..granted, a Honda with only a front bench seat. But, how cool would this be?

20240227_215056.jpg

12 valve 4-banger, "real time 4wd"
As a Honda Beat and Honda Acty Attack owner... Acty's have 2 individual seats not a bench. not all were real time 4wd. you could get them in 2wd and 2wd/4wd selectable also. and while they are 12 valve, they are 660cc 3 cylinder engines. older ones had smaller displacement 3 cylinders.
20240225_141022.jpg