Things that irritate you

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Halgar
Approved Member

Re: Things that irritate you

Post by Halgar »

Lowgear wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:00 pm Christmas is the only remaining holiday that I'm forced to celebrate every year.
We quit celebrating it probably 20 years ago, for many reasons, mostly because it's just an over hyped, stuffed down your throat, excuse for corporate America to demand you spend spend spend. It is no longer about family, friends, or even the very religion that created it. Sure, some of the more altruistic aspects are still around, if you look hard enough for them, but it doesn't take viewing very many Walmart security cam vids to know the true meaning of Christmas these days.

Don't even get me started on that crap being piped through every retail speaker for the past two months. I truly want to vomit every time I hear Christmas music. They are literally playing the exact same crap today that they were 50 years ago, and nobody in the music industry seems to be able to craft anything original, at least nothing worth listening to, let alone to have it on an incessant repeat loop literally everywhere you go. I don't know how anyone who works retail can stand it.

[/rant] :roll: :? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Incredible_Serious wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:17 pm What's grinding my gears this morning? When someone puts up a post (say, on BookFace) asking to identify what a certain part is (in this case a diff gear), and people suggest things that are completely wrong
I am truly amazed at you guys that can identify something by the shape of a screw or the color of a shock tower, or some other obscure little trinket on one of these things!

I bought a box of RCs at a garage sale many years ago for what I saw laying across the top of the box, a Mountaineer/Hilux, I didn't care what was under it, ESPECIALLY once I heard the price the guy was asking for it, I think I paid maybe $50 for the box, it had the Hilux, another hobby quality RC, and then toy RCs. The toys went to the resale shop, the other car I brought here and you guys identified it as a Fox, as I recall. I should also add that all the remotes were there as well, pretty much just needed to add batteries and the things could run. Best RC find I've ever made. At any rate, it was you guys that helped identify stuff. Thanks for that. 8)

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

I bought a last minute gift on Amazon, said that it "arrives before Christmas".

Sure enough, it was at the nearest hub on the 22nd. Then they drove it PAST me and handed it off to the post office. Now it won't arrive until the 27th.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

As it pertains to Amazon, I'm irritated that they've decided to forgo boxes as much as possible now to ship orders in brown paper bags with no packaging materials. Luckily I've had nothing arrive damaged due to the fact... yet.

RogueIV

Post by RogueIV »

People with no sense a humor that immediately default to being ultra buthurt over the smallest of things.
Consistency is the key I keep misplacing.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

RogueIV wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:30 pm People with no sense a humor that immediately default to being ultra buthurt over the smallest of things.
Hey! What the heck! Why you gotta attack people like that with such mean comments?!?!? Post reported!

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

As usual, drivers! :roll:

Why are 4-way stops so freak'n difficult for people? On my way home tonight, I pull up to a 4-way, and it was the cross traffic's turn as I stopped. Car on the left, goes, car the right sits, ok, maybe they're turning. NOPE!!!! They waited until the other guy had completely crossed the entire intersection before pulling out. :roll: :evil: :evil: :evil:

The other chart topper is lane squatters. Death to them all! :evil:

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

RogueIV wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:30 pm People with no sense a humor that immediately default to being ultra buthurt over the smallest of things.
You mean like setting them on fire, as a prank? Yeah, no sense of humour... after all, it's just a prank.
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

Incredible_Serious wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:57 pm You mean like setting them on fire, as a prank? Yeah, no sense of humour... after all, it's just a prank.
1000008634.png
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Halgar wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:52 pm As usual, drivers! :roll:

Why are 4-way stops so freak'n difficult for people? On my way home tonight, I pull up to a 4-way, and it was the cross traffic's turn as I stopped. Car on the left, goes, car the right sits, ok, maybe they're turning. NOPE!!!! They waited until the other guy had completely crossed the entire intersection before pulling out. :roll: :evil: :evil: :evil:

The other chart topper is lane squatters. Death to them all! :evil:
Also the unnecessary yielders. Definitely a time and place thing...like a tractor trailer in traffic that is trying to back turn down a delivery alley: acceptable yield scenario (in my opinion). But stopping with no stop sign to let someone turn "across traffic" with no traffic! Just execute your game plan according to all posted signage and "rules of the road". If there is ever a case to follow the rule of "trust no one", it is definitely when driving, and when you come across someone that seems unsure of how to drive or what to do in some of the most straight forward scenarios....my goodness.
Hope you're doin' something fun.

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

Today's rants

Customer: do you carry XYZ
Me: yes, it's on our website, here is a link
Customer: ok great. I just placed my order. Can you ship expedited as I have a race coming up and need it as soon as possible.

Now mind you we have snow and flooding, and a warning pop up on our website explaining that orders may be delayed. Not to mention, the time to ask questions is before ordering. We even mention that when checking out. Does anyone read anymore?

Customer: do you carry XYZ
Me: yes, it's on our website, here is a link
Customer: ok great. I will take one of everything. Send me a total with shipping

The whole reason for a website is to not have to do that.

My job would be so much easier without customers 🤣🤦‍♂️
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

TRX-1-3 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:54 pm Just execute your game plan according to all posted signage and "rules of the road". If there is ever a case to follow the rule of "trust no one", it is definitely when driving, and when you come across someone that seems unsure of how to drive or what to do in some of the most straight forward scenarios....my goodness.
Therein lies the problem. It would seem that a high percentage of drivers do NOT know the basic rules of the road AND they trust no one, not even themselves, hence the great difficulty with them being on the road.

Let me pose these questions. What do you call a person who is incapable of comprehending the state issued driver's manual? What do you call a person who is incapable of retaining the information within that manual any longer than it takes to pass the test?

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Halgar wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:51 pm
TRX-1-3 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:54 pm Just execute your game plan according to all posted signage and "rules of the road". If there is ever a case to follow the rule of "trust no one", it is definitely when driving, and when you come across someone that seems unsure of how to drive or what to do in some of the most straight forward scenarios....my goodness.
Therein lies the problem. It would seem that a high percentage of drivers do NOT know the basic rules of the road AND they trust no one, not even themselves, hence the great difficulty with them being on the road.

Let me pose these questions. What do you call a person who is incapable of comprehending the state issued driver's manual? What do you call a person who is incapable of retaining the information within that manual any longer than it takes to pass the test?
I call them both "challenging to share the road with"

OR

Patience testers?
Hope you're doin' something fun.

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

My driving school instructor had parkinson's which made for an interesting on the road part of the course.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Technically, they would be called unfit drivers who have no business operating a motor vehicle. Doesn't stop the DMV from handing out driver's licenses like they're candy though. I call 'em dumbarse or F'wit, for short.