Things that irritate you

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

R6cowboy

Re: Things that irritate you

Post by R6cowboy »

Another USPS rant. Item I ordered gets shipped out from a location just south of Chicago which is 50 miles from my house. Where is the item's first stop in route to me? Oklahoma City, 750 miles away. Because why not. And I get a message the package is going to arrive later than expected.... Well no sh!t.
-Jerry-

1911Colt
Approved Member

Post by 1911Colt »

R6cowboy wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:22 pm Another USPS rant. Item I ordered gets shipped out from a location just south of Chicago which is 50 miles from my house. Where is the item's first stop in route to me? Oklahoma City, 750 miles away. Because why not. And I get a message the package is going to arrive later than expected.... Well no sh!t.
Your avatar matches your comment perfectly! :lol:

I don't even track USPS packages any more. When I did, it always looked like a mouse wandering aimlessly on a map of the country. When the mouse, purely by chance, happened across Indiana, I'd get my package.

rctenracer
Approved Member

Post by rctenracer »

R6cowboy wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:22 pm Another USPS rant. Item I ordered gets shipped out from a location just south of Chicago which is 50 miles from my house. Where is the item's first stop in route to me? Oklahoma City, 750 miles away. Because why not. And I get a message the package is going to arrive later than expected.... Well no sh!t.

I can relate to the frustration with the USPS. And then in my case after the package gets a tour of the country the USPS delivers the package to the wrong house. :evil:

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

I have a good friend that delivers mail in another state, he really hates me this time of year 🤣 So many questions.

My last one was inquiring why, when sending priority mail, once it gets off track somehow it ends up moving even slower than ground. I get that sometimes the machine messes up and ships it to Arizona instead of New York, but you'd think at the next scan they would go oh crap and get it redirected via priority. Nope, once it's off the the rails it becomes a ground shipment. Just how the system works. :roll:

And I know I've said it before, if they are this bad with packages you know they are just as bad with your ballot. Don't vote by mail. It's important, do it in person.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

What's grinding my gears this morning? When someone puts up a post (say, on BookFace) asking to identify what a certain part is (in this case a diff gear), and people suggest things that are completely wrong, just because their suggestion performs the same function as the part in question (i.e. another diff gear). Even though the part looks nothing like the original poster's questioned part, and even though the correct answer has already been put up.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't against the running gag here where every weird car is a Clodbuster or a Bolink ( ;) )... but where someone consciously or otherwise puts an incorrect response, because "same colour, near enough, right?". If you want to help someone, make sure of the crap you're spewing before you put it up.... otherwise, you're full of kak, and just part of the problem, like the rest of the media.

Must be close to Christmas.... the rants are coming thick and fast now!

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

yeah that grinds my gears too. Lots of people have no place answering questions. My last battle was with a guy that said the RC12e never came with pan head screws, while I was showing pics of my new in box kit, instructions, and even the box cover all showing them. But no, he raced them and knows for certain :lol:

Then there is that one guy that has to go on every RC10CC thread just to poop on it with laugh replies and smart ass remarks. I half want to block him but also look forward to seeing someone putting him in his place :mrgreen:
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

Speaking of the RC10CC... Hobby Town emailed me a $25 off $125 coupon for in store purchases. I checked their website and they had the $319 preorder deal just like everyone else did. I stopped in the store this morning and an enthusiastic employee wanted to help me, until he found out I didn't want an Aarma or Traxxas. He said he had no idea what the RC10 was and we don't sell Associated here (they used to), but Aarma and Traxxas blah blah.... it was like talking to a wall, but I wished him a Merry Christmas and left.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

Frankentruck wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:02 pm ...I wished him a Merry Christmas and left.
I don't want to accuse you of being soft, so I'll say nothing....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :D :P :wink:
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

Incredible_Serious wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:17 pm Must be close to Christmas.... the rants are coming thick and fast now!
Christmas is the only remaining holiday that I'm forced to celebrate every year. As times gone on, the stressful burden of it has gotten worse and worse. This year has become the breaking point due to major family drama that's currently unfolding around it. :roll: So with that being the case, it's the last time. I'm finally free! :)

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

Incredible_Serious wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:54 pm
Frankentruck wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:02 pm ...I wished him a Merry Christmas and left.
I don't want to accuse you of being soft, so I'll say nothing....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :D :P :wink:
The employee was similar age to me or slightly older, and was wheelchair bound. It didn't feel right to make a big stink, particularly since they weren't going to be coming up with one from their inventory. He certainly didn't win any customer service awards though.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

Well that was the stand up thing to do.

I'm here all night, don't forget to tip your waiters :mrgreen:
Factory Works website

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

I did not expect that one! Holy cow ! 🤣

Do you write the dad jokes that I'm always telling people?

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

A good friend of mine broke his neck as a teen and has been in a wheelchair since. He is the one that cracks the jokes, I just store them in my head. He even has a T-shirt that has a wheelchair and says "I'm only in it for the parking" :lol:
Factory Works website

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Frankentruck wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:02 pm Speaking of the RC10CC... Hobby Town emailed me a $25 off $125 coupon for in store purchases. I checked their website and they had the $319 preorder deal just like everyone else did. I stopped in the store this morning and an enthusiastic employee wanted to help me, until he found out I didn't want an Aarma or Traxxas. He said he had no idea what the RC10 was and we don't sell Associated here (they used to), but Aarma and Traxxas blah blah.... it was like talking to a wall, but I wished him a Merry Christmas and left.
But an RC10 has four wheels, body shell, and a remote, so it's pretty much the exactly same thing as an Aarma or Traxxas, right? All the packages clearly say "car" on them, gotta be the same thing. :wink: :wink: :mrgreen:
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

Frankentruck wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:02 pm Speaking of the RC10CC... Hobby Town emailed me a $25 off $125 coupon for in store purchases. I checked their website and they had the $319 preorder deal just like everyone else did. I stopped in the store this morning and an enthusiastic employee wanted to help me, until he found out I didn't want an Aarma or Traxxas. He said he had no idea what the RC10 was and we don't sell Associated here (they used to), but Aarma and Traxxas blah blah.... it was like talking to a wall, but I wished him a Merry Christmas and left.
Not my local Hobbytown, but the next-closest one is like that. Traxxas, Arrma, and drones.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.