Bored? Come To The Chit / Chat Thread

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

1911Colt
Approved Member

Re: Bored? Come To The Chit / Chat Thread

Post by 1911Colt »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What a mess of a sentence. They combined 3 truths into one falsehood.

The XX was driven (later) by Kinwald
It did debut at the 93 World's
It did earn Losi their 1st WC (later)

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

If you've had slow mail delivery through the Dayton OH USPS branch, my lost Trinity and Race Prep motors might have something to do with it.
Screenshot_20231213-162618.png
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Over the next ten years, Shohei Ohtani will make over $2.20 ..................................... per second.
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Since this is sort of the random blurt/off topic thread, I'd like us all to gather 'round the Festivus Pole to wish everyone the very best holiday season, whatever that means to you, I wish the very best to you and yours. 8)
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

My son loves telling this joke :lol:
Screenshot_20231114-204234.png
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

Dangeruss
Approved Member

Post by Dangeruss »

Halgar wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:23 pm Since this is sort of the random blurt/off topic thread, I'd like us all to gather 'round the Festivus Pole to wish everyone the very best holiday season, whatever that means to you, I wish the very best to you and yours. 8)
Happy Festivus to you too Halgar! :mrgreen:

Reminds me... I love this story... this is a cookie and milk story. :wink:

...Several years ago I was picking up a Christmas movie that'd I'd ordered in at Barns & Noble. The cashier, done ringing it up, puts it in a bag, hands it across the counter and says, "Thank you, have a good evening". I smile, say thank you, and wish him A Merry Christmas. Blonde girl standing behind him blurts out a laugh. One of those uncontrollable, "oops did I just laugh out loud" kind of laughs. I flash her a smile, turn, and walk towards the exit. I'm about halfway there when I hear the guy behind the counter say, "Happy Hanukkah". :shock: I stopped. Spun around. And light-heartedly ask, "You're Jewish?". Valley girl behind him says, "Um! Ye-ah!". The guy has this small curl of a smile just peeking into one of his cheeks. So I say... "I've never been wished a Happy Hanukkah before"... then I paused introspectively and said... "Thank you, Happy Hanukka to you to!". The guy breaks into a full-on smile, nods his head to the side and says, "And a Merry Christmas to you". 🎅🏻

Could be you had to be there but...was one of the most awesome Christmas shopping moments I've ever had...

Just barely eeks out ahead of the time... ooooh... that one's a traffic story :twisted: Hey Halgar, wanna hear a good Christmas traffic story?! :mrgreen:

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Dangeruss wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:59 pm
Halgar wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:23 pm Since this is sort of the random blurt/off topic thread, I'd like us all to gather 'round the Festivus Pole to wish everyone the very best holiday season, whatever that means to you, I wish the very best to you and yours. 8)

Could be you had to be there but...was one of the most awesome Christmas shopping moments I've ever had...

Just barely eeks out ahead of the time... ooooh... that one's a traffic story :twisted: Hey Halgar, wanna hear a good Christmas traffic story?! :mrgreen:
That's why I worded it the way I did. Seems folks just wanna find fault and have something to take offense to these days. I don't care what the season means to you or what your beliefs are, celebrate it your way, you do you, and best wishes to you and yours to that end. Your story is a prime example, we don't often stop to think of others, the fact that you did is awesome! Since I'm not one to celebrate Christmas, and I recognize that a lot of folks don't, I opt for the more general 'happy holidays'. Within this group of misfits and screwballs, I figured most would get the humor of the Festivus Pole reference and enjoy the heartfelt well wishes. 8)

Christmas traffic??!?!?! Don't get me started on Christmas traffic! Driving around the last two days has been awful! Not only were the plethora of general idiots out in force, it has been raining, so these morons that can't drive as it is have brown stained their pants even worse and become an even bigger impediment on the roadways than usual. Thank God I'm done for the next week! Today was my last day of work until January 3rd, so I get to settle in and enjoy some peace for a while. 8)

Dangeruss
Approved Member

Post by Dangeruss »

Halgar wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:11 pm ...Within this group of misfits and screwballs, I figured most would get the humor of the Festivus Pole reference and enjoy the heartfelt well wishes. 8)

Christmas traffic??!?!?! Don't get me started on Christmas traffic!
Misfits and scrweballs??? Hey, I resemble that remark! :wink:

Really, you're gonna love this...

'Twas the night before Christmas... literally...

Used to visit our local mall on Christmas Eve, all my shopping done, just to be an evil fart wishing everyone a Merry Christmas. :mrgreen: The place is elbow to elbow and the parking lot is a national disaster. One year I'm leaving.... have to wait to back out of my parking spot. Wait again to get down the isle. Wait yet again for someone to let me into the outer loop... typical stuff. Finally onto the outer loop and inching forward, to be a nice guy I let a car in the next isle out. Woman behind me honks :? . Next Isle I let another car out. She honks a couple times :x . Next isle I slow to let a car out and she goes Bezek on her horn. :evil: So I let ALL THE CARS out of that isle. And the next isle. And the next isle. Traffic behind her is able to get around as the "fast lane" is moving... but I've got her trapped behind me. I made a 500 foot journey to the intersection take over TWO HOURS. :twisted: We finally get to the intersection, I pull into the left turn lane and Dale Earnheart's wife blows past me... her, and her teenage daughter... both going apeshit with their middle fingers shaking at me violently! She tears into the intersection at full speed. Rips a left turn and is met with gridlock. So, up over the curb she takes her crappy car, fourwheeling through the snowcovered grass and back out onto the road where she's stopped by a line of right turn traffic at the red light. A few moments later with traffic clear I turn left, up the road, and pass her as I've got a green light... Being a gentleman I smiled and waved as I drove by... just to see her and her daughter... sitting in gridlock... Middle fingers banging on the glass... still going apeshit. :mrgreen:

To this day I wonder... do they tell the story about the little asshole that made them take all of Christmas Eve to get out of the mall parking lot??? :mrgreen: :lol:

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Wondering if anyone can help me out here. So, apparently Amazon gift cards are actually cardboard/paper, and not plastic, and one of the dogs got to mine this evening. So, a $50 issue here. I think I am only missing two numbers here in the middle, as Amazon says their claim codes are 14-15 digits, and I have 12.5 that are clear. I am trying to add the card to my balance, and so far it is giving me unlimited tries, so I keep trying.

First off, there are obviously numbers missing that I am not giving out. I was born on a Tuesday, but not last Tuesday. :D

So the first questionable character is the far left, but I am confident that is a 7. It is blurry on that side of the pic, but that curve says only 7 to me.

The middle two are the real questions. The second character is a B to me. I can't come up with anything else that would blocked in the lower left, and rounded around like it is on the right. So, the one to the left in center, I have tried 6, G, O, 0, C, Q, & 3, and that ain't working.

I am thinking I am just missing something simple here. Any guesses?
Attachments
amazon card 1.jpg
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

U ? Could there be another missing character to the left of the 7?

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

amazon card 1.jpg
QB
GB
?

Could the "7" be a "Y"?

That second character has to be a "B" straight vertical left stem and the bottom loop stars hooking back to the left...you probably already figured that out though.

Edit: are you sure there is not more missing from the length of the code? The scrap to the right of the character I guessed as G or Q almost looks like the base tail of a 5 or something. Any old cards/codes to do a font analysis of?

This whole thing reminds me of Chong's Maui Wowie that had some Labrador in it.
Hope you're doin' something fun.

Dangeruss
Approved Member

Post by Dangeruss »

A puzzle! ...Fun! :mrgreen:
TRX-1-3 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:05 pm Could the "7" be a "Y"?
I was wondering the same thing...

Though their codes can go up to 16 characters now, so...

Standard 14-character code sequence is 4 characters - 6 characters - 4 characters... in all the 14-character codes I've seen the first and second to last characters have been an "A".

You might try adding an "A" at the beginning of the string, on the off chance it's a 15 or 16 character code.

Looks like a "7" as there appears to be a horizontal line at the top of the character, but like TRX-1-3 said... might be a "Y"...

First letter to the right of the dash doesn't match the tail on the existing "Q"... Looks like a "G".

Amazon might not use "O" or "0" in their card... to reduce confusion.

Next character solidly appears to be a "B".

Could try:

A7QL2-GBFSDJ----------------------?
AYQL2-GBFSDJ----------------------?

...or... you could go all Gone In 60 Seconds and wait for the dog to poop out the missing numbers. :mrgreen: :wink:

1911Colt
Approved Member

Post by 1911Colt »

Could the person who bought it get the code from their "orders" tab in their Amazon account?

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Have you tried asking the dog what the number was before he ate it? :wink:

I would say the first of the two removed characters is a Y because it looks like there is a crook to that leg that a 7 doesn't usually have. I would say that the center two characters are GB. Notice how the right side of the left character is straight and vertical? You already have a Q to go by and so I'd rule that one out. If it were a C, a C is just an O with part of the right side arc removed, again, that character clearly has a straight vertical on the lower right side, so G. I agree with the others in their reasoning for the other character being a B.

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

This week I started into my winter build. So far, it is an axle, a body, and some wheels. And since then I have decided to scrap the wheels. Seems like a perfect start. :D
Attachments
NEW RAT ROD 1.jpg