Things that irritate you

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Halgar
Approved Member

Re: Things that irritate you

Post by Halgar »

1911Colt wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:36 am It irritates me that my daughter's first home will cost $550,000 over the life of the loan, vs ~$310,000 just a few years ago. :x So there is roughly $1/4 million that just vaporized. Monthly payments will be nearly double (1530 vs 850). Multiply that by the number of young families just getting started....
You can pretty much say that for every generation, it's just worse now than it's ever been. Your geolocation can make it even worse, as far as prices, payments, and the inability to get into a starter home.
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

1911Colt
Approved Member

Post by 1911Colt »

Halgar wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:22 am
1911Colt wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:36 am It irritates me that my daughter's first home will cost $550,000 over the life of the loan, vs ~$310,000 just a few years ago. :x So there is roughly $1/4 million that just vaporized. Monthly payments will be nearly double (1530 vs 850). Multiply that by the number of young families just getting started....
You can pretty much say that for every generation, it's just worse now than it's ever been. Your geolocation can make it even worse, as far as prices, payments, and the inability to get into a starter home.
Inflation- yes, true of every nearly generation. My gripe is that interest rates went from 2ish % to 7ish % in a few years. The numbers I posted were strictly based on the interest rate change.

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

30 yr mortgages are the devil, people should avoid them like the plague. Unfortunately society has made them the expected norm for at least the past few generations.
-Jerry-

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

1911Colt wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:54 am Inflation- yes, true of every nearly generation. My gripe is that interest rates went from 2ish % to 7ish % in a few years. The numbers I posted were strictly based on the interest rate change.
The interest rates jumped to slow down inflation and the runaway housing market. There are other reasons for it too, of course, but these were the biggest.

There isn't one thing in the USA that doesn't need a total revamp, and it has to do with all of the players twisting things into their favor and making the consumer foot the bill.

Andybellus
Approved Member

Post by Andybellus »

It really grinds my gears when you order something, tracking shows it’s going to be delivered on time and now it’s “disappeared” for the last 8 days with no updates…
Attachments
71C258B9-7B83-489A-AA88-B5EF3BC94B67.png

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Andybellus wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:35 pm It really grinds my gears when you order something, tracking shows it’s going to be delivered on time and now it’s “disappeared” for the last 8 days with no updates…
It's probably stuck at a 4-way stop behind the idiots who have brown stained themselves and won't move along. :wink: :lol:

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Andybellus wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:35 pm It really grinds my gears when you order something, tracking shows it’s going to be delivered on time and now it’s “disappeared” for the last 8 days with no updates…
Try 30+ days of that with no tracking capability. I am starting to think it's lost forever, or never shipped. Yikes.
Hope you're doin' something fun.

RogueIV

Post by RogueIV »

Halgar wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:33 pm
It's probably stuck at a 4-way stop behind the idiots who have brown stained themselves and won't move along. :wink: :lol:
Wait, you have drivers that actually stop at stop signs?
Consistency is the key I keep misplacing.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

RogueIV wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:12 pm Wait, you have drivers that actually stop at stop signs?
In my neck of the woods they tend to, yes, it's getting them to go THROUGH the intersection once they've stopped that is the difficulty. I had one yesterday, a three way stop, I'm on the leg, to my left the guy is turning onto my street, to my right is the idiot in question, she sat there until her cross mate completed his turn, completely and totally irrelevant to her direction of travel. Once his turn was made, she proceeded to go straight through the intersection. I'm quite certain that her momma told her she could be anything when she grew up and she chose to be an idiot! :roll:

About two miles down the road, another 4-way stop, two people in front of me, one going straight, one turning right. The guy turning right, pulls up beside the person going straight. Logic would dictate, BOTH make their move in unison. Nope! Idiot turning right sat there, brown staining himself and waited until it was clear for cross traffic, waited for said cross traffic, finished brown staining himself, then finally made his turn. :roll:

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Halgar wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:19 am
RogueIV wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:12 pm Wait, you have drivers that actually stop at stop signs?
In my neck of the woods they tend to, yes, it's getting them to go THROUGH the intersection once they've stopped that is the difficulty. I had one yesterday, a three way stop, I'm on the leg, to my left the guy is turning onto my street, to my right is the idiot in question, she sat there until her cross mate completed his turn, completely and totally irrelevant to her direction of travel. Once his turn was made, she proceeded to go straight through the intersection. I'm quite certain that her momma told her she could be anything when she grew up and she chose to be an idiot! :roll:
Ding dang BROWN STAINERS!

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

While I'm ranting about USPS here is one that totally pisses me off. If I send something priority and there is a hiccup, it somehow doesn't leave a location for 2 or three days.. why is the rest of the trip always at a snails pace? Like slower than ground. I have something that was due last week, it got held up and now it checks in every couple days to tell me it moved over a state or two but doesn't seem to get much closer to its destination 🤦‍♂️ I hear about this a lot from my customers as well.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

GoMachV wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:38 am While I'm ranting about USPS here is one that totally pisses me off. If I send something priority and there is a hiccup, it somehow doesn't leave a location for 2 or three days.. why is the rest of the trip always at a snails pace? Like slower than ground. I have something that was due last week, it got held up and now it checks in every couple days to tell me it moved over a state or two but doesn't seem to get much closer to its destination 🤦‍♂️ I hear about this a lot from my customers as well.
Well, in this same vein, something that gets my goat is overtly, over, mega-impatient purchasers that expect something on their doorstep in the morning because it crossed their mind in their sleep.

"My toy parts didn't get halfway around the world in two days!? That's totally unacceptable!!!!!"

Get a grip!

Now, if you get totally screwed or scammed, that's an entirely different deal.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Come on, guys, we all know why the packages are late, it's the BS, it's always the BS. :?

:wink: :mrgreen: :lol:

Dangeruss
Approved Member

Post by Dangeruss »

GoMachV wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:38 am ... I hear about this a lot from my customers as well.
I'm baffled by people who contact the seller when shipping is slow. Are you the Wizard of Oz? Post Master General?? Omnipotent deity of their particular religious affiliation???

Begs to question the intelligence of anyone who doesn't understand the purpose of a tracking number. :roll:

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

Agreed. I had a person order off the website on a Saturday, I rushed to get it done before the mailman came instead of waiting till Monday to ship. On Tuesday I got an email saying the package was "two days late" and the customer was extremely frustrated. Wtf.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website